forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Download my thanksJester file. Or a good BJ will do nicely...

Credits: 93,875
binary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aura
Default Need some advice

I am not handy, so I have no idea how to approach this. My son has a bunk bed from Ikea, this one...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50019950

It is too high, so we need to cut it down. The pipes look 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter. The bed is already put together. I don't see a pipe cutter that cuts a pipe that large. I have a ryobi 18v circular saw that holds a 5 1/2 inch blade. Can I use that with a metal saw blade? Any better ideas?
Thanks.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 5,862
dogstain is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Yeah, if your circular saw has a blade specifically for metal, you should be able to use it. Try a preliminary cut an inch or so up the tube to see if it cuts clean enough for you.

However, you might want to simply go with a tried and true manual hack saw to better control the cut and prevent the tube from getting out of round or whatever.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 AM
i am megagreg and am in no way related to or affiliated with megaDOUCHE!

Credits: 11,864
megagreg1 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Yeah you will want to get a metal cutting blade for that. go to home depot I believe they are the only ones who sell ryobi and they should be able to help you.
Always remember measure 10 times cut once. The blade should double as a grinder blade if you are careful but screw ups with a bunk bed can cause some real disasters.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
forgive me father for I have sinned... I have had sexual relations with many many women

Credits: 4,585
ReverendPete is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

You can definitley use that saw and I most definitley recommend a metal cutting blade for the job:

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

If you can't find one in a store near you you could try a wood blade with the most teeth you can get. It will work in a pinch although afterward it'll be toast!

Always wear eye protection!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:14 AM
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Credits: 54,967
Thomas Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

I agree with all the advice above.

The only thing i would add is while you are out buying a blade, pick up a small file if you don't already have one. Just so you can smooth it out and file off any nasty little metal burrs and shavings that might be hanging off the metal after its been cut. They can slice you pretty easily.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 AM
Yeah mate, I'm down under....and she loves it!

Credits: 206,705
MickC Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

I have had varied results using metal blades in a circular saw, and as you say 18v, I assume your saw is a cordless rechargable one?
I think you'd have trouble getting that to cut through a pipe that size in one go. I usually cut aluminium tube with a drop saw, which is like a circular saw, but fixed, like this:

It would be scary to try with a hand held saw, apart from the grabbing, it would be hard to keep a straight line with it. I fear it could end up looking like someone had chewed it off, they would end up different lengths, and poor mini-jester would always roll into one corner of the bed

(Trust me, I have fucked many things up by trying to do it on the dodgy...)

I'd suggest borrowing or hiring a cut-off saw, which is like a big grinder with a cut off wheel:

This will do a much quicker, safer, neater job, plus it would be way cheaper than buying a blade you will probably only use once.

Last edited by MickC : 08-14-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 AM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I have always used a hacksaw cause I am to cheap to buy a drop saw or table saw. I would however buy some of the rubber round things that you can either a) put on the end of the legs or b) put under the legs to prevent damage to the floor.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 AM
I can say Jap cuz I am a Jap! ...Jap jap jappity jap.lol

Credits: 295,864
n2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud of

screw it, just buy a new bed!

not my links. always virus check.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Bam Bam is hittin that! imgbox

Credits: 212,319
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.

They sell hand pipe cutters to handle pipe that large....

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Heav-Dut...s/EN/index.htm

Old 08-14-2008, 08:01 AM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 6 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Luckily I do marketing for an Industrial Supply company!! I suggest using a Sawzall (also known as a reciprocating saw)

From what I remember, Ikea materials aren't exactly made of hardest steel. So use a fine tooth blade and it should chop it off no problem.

AND if you need any blades you can order them from me! Just let me know and I might be able to get you a discount!

Code:

Code:

Closed Thread