forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 42,062
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award
Default So I think my ISP is throttling my connection

Has anyone been getting randomly slow times from Rapidshare downloads lately? I have Comcast as an ISP and they've been known recently to throttle download speeds to make them slower.

Up until about 2 days ago, RS would fly for me, I'd download 4 files at a time at about 200kb a second. Over the last day, Ill start downloading a file and it will download at like 19kbs for me, then I'll cancel, re-download, then it will be 90kbs. Do it again, 40kbs. Again, 105 kbs. Finally I'll do it again and reach the 200kbs I usually get. I have my RS account set up to download from the same server (TeliaSonera2), so I don't think it's a server issue on their website, since I do this process over the course of 15-20 seconds. And this happens at all hours of the day

Is anyone else having issues getting slow DL speeds from RS lately, or is it just my shitty internet connection and/or my shitty ISP throttling my download speeds?

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,746
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

I also use Comcast as my ISP and my rapidshare connection has been more than shitty the last couple of days. I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast is fucking us again. They're just so awesome.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:16 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Sounds like they're throttling then, cause I'm on the gulf coast on the opposite side of the country from you. Must be a Comcast thing

Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Credits: 79,172,259
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

I'm with optonline, no problems for me. Same speed as usual.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Good grief! The comedian's a bear!

Credits: 47,300
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars

You should look into FIOS man, I fly with that sh*t.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:40 PM

Credits: 79,172,259

Code:

optimum online is pretty fast too. What kind of #'s you get with FIOS. I ususally get about 3500 kbs on speed tests for dl's only about 1000 on ups.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 2,272
doubledip is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I am the guy who would do such thing at my ISP!!!!! No worries for me on that end, I'm usually pulling a sturdy 10mb connection...sometimes 14mb if it's going GREAT haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_dile View Post
He is absolutely adorable.... I agree with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. cellany View Post
I'll third that- way adorable. I told him months ago he's totally my type.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:55 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Code:

Sadly, they do not offer it in my area. The only available high-speed connections in my area I believe are Comcast and BellSouth DSL (which sucks)

Old 06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
i am megagreg and am in no way related to or affiliated with megaDOUCHE!

Credits: 11,858
megagreg1 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I know what you're saying man I was getting dl speeds around 150 kbps and now the best I seem to do is around 60. Don't have comcast, but maybe there is some stupid conspiracy going on.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,615
BubbleBoy is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Keep in mind the cable connections are only as good as how many people are actively using the line you share between points. One line services entire neighbourhoods. That line on installing it was designed to handle X amount of speed, but now those lines are obsolete since so many people use the service. DSL's operate off phone lines, so their C.O. is able to regulate down dedicated lines to their customers.

More people on the cable, the shiftier it gets. It happened to me the one and only time I had cable. I was one of the first people to get it in my neighbourhood grid, but then Rogers went all aggressive with Aliant DSL and marketed a shitload of discount and product offers if people went with their service. My speeds went in the crapper after that. So did my modem. I jumped to Aliant when I left the neighbourhood and haven't looked back.

Not to say it couldn't be throttling, but usually when that happens, you're capped during specific hours. It shouldn't fluctuate. But then again, it is cable and you have to share, so you never know. You could always update the firmware in your rented/leased modem. That's been known to break caps. If it breaks, just tell your ISP it stopped working, act like an idiot who doesn't know where or what the reset button is, and you'll get a new one.

I'd love to throttle my ISP sometimes. It was mucking with my connection the last couple weeks, but it seems to have sorted itself out. Then again, I kept randomizing my download ports. :: shrugs ::
Closed Thread