forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 07-26-2009, 12:56 AM
I can say Jap cuz I am a Jap! ...Jap jap jappity jap.lol

Credits: 293,272
n2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud of

i think the real question is why doesn't everyone hate nickelback.

not my links. always virus check.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Bringing the fahquery to DSF since 2008.

Credits: 118,812
FAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful for
FAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful forFAHQ gives a lot that you are thankful for

Move to Canada. Their music is force fed to you like pablum is to babies. There are a lot of good bands out of Canada that never see the popularity that nickleback achieves, but to have them played constantly on every radio station here you begin to hear how much their crap sounds the same.

Last edited by FAHQ : 07-26-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 5,483
dogboy has a spectacular auradogboy has a spectacular auradogboy has a spectacular auradogboy has a spectacular aura

In Canada we are forced to hear a certain percentage of airtime devoted to Canadian talent. So if you're a station that plays current music, you're hard pressed to find current successful Canadian bands. You cycle back to Nickelback pretty quickly.
Having said that, I think we at one time called one of our major stars non-Canadian for an awared because the album in question was cut out of country and with non-Canadian back up talent. Bryan Adams I think. So, we're a bit screwy at the best of times.

I did buy Silver Side Up when it came out. Even on that album I found the songs very similar. Their next release was almost exactly the same. They found a niche and a formula and their exploiting it to the fullest. That's why I think people have a distaste for them. Sure the songs rock and the hooks stick with you, but they all end up sounding the same. How can you rave about that? You can't, you can only rant about it.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Take me out to the ballgame! ...and pass the joint

Credits: 5,080
BleacherCreature420 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Yes postmoves. I play the guitar so if someone was throwing rocks at me on stage I would leave to. That video did not state why they suck, it just showed a large group of people who think they suck

this is why nicklebag is GARBAGE

Code:

P.s. yes lars is a complaining bitch but Metallica fucking rules (st. anger aside) out good fucking music, and changed metal/rock one they came on the scene - nicklebag fails at all of this

Last edited by BleacherCreature420 : 07-26-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,417
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

I got you, same hater stuff I hear from all musicians - but I continue to laugh at the 'sellout' thing. To paraphrase another asshole here in Portland (Art from Everclear) - 'Yeah, I sold out... every fucking show in every fucking stadium back in the day'. And for the supposed rebel that Kurt Cobain was, he wanted success more than anyone I've ever met - and he was recycling riffs like crazy, to the point he shot (pun intended) his wad and knew it. And a group like the Stones have a mountain of reheated garbage in their catalog behind the 'hits'.
I would never put Nickelback up against a genre defining act like Metallica.
But, that being said, I was at Metallica's early gigs @ Ruthie's Inn where they did change the landscape - huge fan then with close access. But that ship sailed and they found their 'formula' so I bored of them. Add in some shitty personalities, and I won't waste my time, or money.
I like some Nickelback stuff, but not for really breaking ground, just rock in pop is better than corp-pop we get fed - and don't begrudge anyone's success.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Take me out to the ballgame! ...and pass the joint

Credits: 5,080
BleacherCreature420 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

well said, and I will agree that rock in pop is better than corn-pop.

I love playing the guitar, but have no aspirations to "make it big" or get into a band, I play for the love of it, but I guess I hear ya on the begrudging success. I am not jealous of them, but songs like I wanna be a rockstar or whatever its called just pisses me off.

p.s. also - i don't think i mentioned anything about being a sell out -

Last edited by BleacherCreature420 : 07-26-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,417
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

No you didn't bring up the 'sell-out' thing, but that usually goes hand-in-hand with the recycled thing... you know, unoriginal, riff stealing/copy etc.

All good.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:08 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 2,332
Its Just Ol' Red is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

they are terrible...

A - his voice sounds like he's been gargling tar and glass

B - their lyrics are lackluster, generic, boring and any other clever synonyms you may have

C - the mentality they have for themselves that they're badass rockstars

but to address the original question directly... i would say that there are numerous shitty bands along the same lines as these guys, but not many are shoved down the listeners ears as much as nickleback. so the hatred for this shit is more on the forefront.

im a drummer, but i can assure you if you handed me a PRS, i could puke on the strings* and put out something better than the contrived 'rock' song "How You Remind Me"

* which would be heresy
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 6,350
Bong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enough

So, basically, what I'm getting is "I can do better" from musicians, and really no other reasons than they just suck cuz they're big.

I've never gotten the "we're bad ass rockers" thing from them, although I don't really seek out interviews with them.

I seriously doubt that the guy sounds like he gargled broken glass and tar. I think that's Lemmy...but he makes it work.

Thanx to the few of you who gave serious anwers, without a bunch of hyperbole. I think my question has been answered.

Moochas grassyass,

Red
Old 07-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Thank god for us bitter sacks of emotionless fucks. We are legendz!

Credits: 22,539
Trips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really niceTrips is just really nice

The reason why I hate them is because they're simple. I haven't listened to regular radio in a couple of years thanks to an Ipod and sat radio. When I had to use a rental all I heard was "I want to be a rock star" "I like it when you go down on me" "My lady's a bad bitch" or something like that. How is any of that shit good, much less clever? It doesn't make you think, I'm not saying be radiohead but shit even the jockiest foo fighter song has some poetic license.