forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:41 PM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 64,210
Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura
Default Direct TV

My DVR has a USB port, does anyone know if you can download stuff you have recorded using it or not?

about a man and his horse
Old 04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 11,491
artaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the rough

I looked up some info on that before, and found out that it is a Linux formated drive inside the DVR. There is a way to do it but it seemed very tricky. I think if you have a Linux computer it might be easier to mount it as a secondary drive, but with a Windows machine It is not a plug and play device.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:07 PM

Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura

well don't that just suck.....they're like a cock tease...show ya the goods but won't let you do anything....

Old 04-22-2008, 02:18 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,313
chilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aura

I had a new receiver with a USB port. After I sent it back (older one was better), I found out that the USB port wasn't active. Didn't do anything.

The DVR is different, but extracting recorded content is probably going to take some digging and hard work. I hope it's just a little digging and very little work, so good luck.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:52 PM
So special, you feel it in your nuts.

Credits: 1,170,167
towdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud of

couldn't you just play the dvr thru a computer with video capture card? I mean in theory you could. or maybe run a vhs in the middle and at least record to tape? (dvr to vhs to tv)

Old 04-22-2008, 03:14 PM

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I guess that would make the most sense...I'm looking to get stuff off of my DVR and onto my PC so I can share...

Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 11,491
artaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the roughartaco is a jewel in the rough

I have the Planet Earth HD series on mine and wanted to durn them to DVD and the video capture was the way to go (or the VCR thing), but like I said....
A Pain In The Ass!
Stop Teasing Us with The Damn USB port!!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:01 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,623
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I have the same thing on my DVR. I don't remember the details from my research, but it was a pain the ass so I gave up. You're better off getting rid of the DVR and using a PC with a TV tuner & and capture card as your DVR. Of course my DVR is like 8 bucks a month so it's hard to justify paying 800 for a PC to do the same thing. If you steal cable though it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:54 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 6,427
Mohaman Cheez is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I believe the Directv DVR is crippled(like Verizon phones) so you can't use the networking path to get stuff off the dvr to your pc.The Tivo dvr allows you to network and even use tivo to go files on ipod/psp/portables. But tivo dvr is more expensive.One way to work around is to pick up a cheap iLo dvd recorder and hook it up to the DVR and use the 'send to vcr' menu to record onto a dvd(instead of a vhs tape). I had all Hellsing episodes on my Directv dvr until I recorded them onto the dvd recorder. I think Walmart sells the dvd recorders on clearance for $50 bucks. Also there are sites that describe how to upgrade the tivo dvr hard drives,I think they called it blessing the HD before you were able to piggyback or increase the size of the HD.This comes from the old TechTV channel where they used to talk about tivohacks and such.
Sorry for rambling,just tryin to help.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Depression hurts, but I dont have to

Credits: 12,565
Stl is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

You can always buy a dvd recorder. Play the show you want recorded put it on dvd then put it on your computer.

I know that works with my Dish I have and my cheap ass dvd recorder
Closed Thread