forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 08-02-2008, 09:12 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 522
TheDrunkElf is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

hmmm...

Texxas Jam 1986 Van Ha(gar)len, Loverboy, Dio, Krokus, Keel and BTO.. about 115,000 ppl there..

went back for 2nds for Texxas Jam 1987 with Boston, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, Tesla and Fahrenheit think they said 125,000 ppl there, with average temps on the Cotton Bowl floor of 130 degrees. (never said we were smart...)

those were the biggest venues...

'course, I'm older now.. and DVD's on the big screen with surround sound beat getting puked on anytime..
Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 PM

Credits: 1,636
usajag is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

1990. Billy Idol. Wembley Arena.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:34 AM

Credits: 2,085
victor6er will become famous soon enoughvictor6er will become famous soon enoughvictor6er will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Holy shit.. I was at that concert too... Wait a minute. Loverboy was there? Really? Don't even remember that. Got there right after BTO. I remember Dio, Krokus, Definitely remember VH.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Snow and snowmobiles... a natural fit

Credits: 15,766
wildebeast71 will become famous soon enoughwildebeast71 will become famous soon enough

Kiss / Aerosmith at alpine valley (Wisconsin) had the makings of the best I have seen, till some moron in the audience pegged steven tyler with a beer bottle and Aerosmith walked off.
The best was Poison opening for Kiss, 2003?, Marcus amphitheatre in Milwaukee. PBS was filming a documentary on Kiss that night. So they had a kick ass set extra energy, extra pyrotechnics, etc...

A close second
Tom Petty at Summerfest, also at the Marcus amphitheatre, there was a solid blue haze hanging in the air and the crowd was so loud at times that Petty had to stop playing numerous times.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:37 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,628
Rakehead will become famous soon enoughRakehead will become famous soon enough

Late '70s - Beach Boys @ old Busch Stadium on 4th of July. Some Reagan douche wouldn't let them play in DC so the came to St Louis. Remember some topless drunk chick dancing by herself (although not for long) in the upper deck in dead center field

Late '80s - The Who and Rolling Stones at old Busch Stadium. The RS had giant inflatable hooker types during Honky Tonk Women.

Rolling Stones again about 5 years later in the Edward Jones Dome
Old 11-24-2008, 10:58 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 12,184
GeminiEye is being mentioned in polite conversation

Last summer went up to New York from St.louis to see Rock the bells 07. Rage against the machine, Wu-Tang Clan, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy and at least 10 other acts. Concert spanned from 12pm-11pm and basically took over randalls island. Probably over 50000 people there. It was fucking amazing. When Rage came on it was like a fucking earthquake. Sadly some of my friends that I went with are'nt as hardcore as I am when it comes to concerts so we left after like the 4th rage song to get back the buses that took us back to harlem. Will definitely go down as one of the greatest experiences of my life.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,599
bodger1 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

For me, the best open air gigs i've been to have normally been at Leeds Festival here in the UK, and if lineups are anything to go by, hopefully next year will be immence.

2008- Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, The Killers
2007- Smashing Pumpkins, Razorlight (saw Jimmy Eat World instead), Chillli Peppers
2006- Pearl Jam, Franz Ferdinand, Muse
2005- Pixies, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden

went 03 n 04 too, but, lets just say, as its a 3 day fest each time, i've been pleasantly surprised by some bands in massive arenas, esp. this year, as a tent (capacity around 7000) was full for SeaSick Steve.

was amazing reaction from the fans for 2 guys on stage (Steve and his Drummer)
Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 PM

Credits: 2,729
John_Locke is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've actually only been to one real concert, and it the the Red Hot Chili Peppers about four or five years ago. It was in the Meadowlands. Queens of the Stone Age and Mars Volta opened up for them, and Tara Reid was there. The Peppers played a great show.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,359
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Just happened on the thread, and made me feel a bit old, but a few glaring ommission: Scorpions (love at first sting era) and Iron Maiden (piece of mind era) both circa 1984-5 @ the Oakland Coliseum!!
Both had edge in the face of all the glam that was around, and could play their instruments. Huge shows.
G'NR, Metallica, etc. were better small venue, IMO.

There were also a series of Day On The Greens @ the Coliseum around those same years that featured everyone from Springsteen to Night Ranger, the Police, etc. that were numbing (as a high school loadie can remember).

peace

Old 11-26-2008, 12:12 AM

Credits: 2,729
John_Locke is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I love the scorpions. I bet that was great.