forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Best Drummer of all time?
1. John Bonham 49 31.41%
2. Keith Moon 22 14.10%
3. Buddy Rich 18 11.54%
4. Ringo Starr 7 4.49%
5. Somebody else (who?) Explain! 60 38.46%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 547,331
deadinabottle is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

buddy rich was/is amazing. i remember as a little kid seeing him have a jam session with animal from the muppets.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:20 AM

Credits: 79,162,978
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
you are correct sir
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 AM
i am megagreg and am in no way related to or affiliated with megaDOUCHE!

Credits: 11,832
megagreg1 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Right on the money Buddy Rich was a drum GOD but Neil is as good as it can get the only reason I listen to RUSH

I might catch a bit of flack for this but I am tired of all this John Bonham crap, the man is boring in his playing his solos were basically him thudding quarter notes on the kick and fiddling around on the rest of the kit. Making it sound fancy any second year drum kit student should be able to emulate his style almost perfectly.

You may begin throwing internet rocks or you may read on

Keith Moon was quite skilled but I don't know if I would say great partly because of how he was Callously replaced in the middle of a show when he died. I realize that they were all high off their collective asses at the time but come on have a little respect if you can play your instrument you can mourn your dead bandmate.

And Ringo what can you say about Ringo other than that He's Ringo but not a groundbreaking drummer.

Tim Herb Rice of Primus seems to kick a bit of ass to
but none of them can hold a candle to Pert The man knows his way around a drum set

Last edited by megagreg1 : 07-09-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Bam Bam is hittin that! imgbox

Credits: 212,185
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.

Here is my list in no particular order....

Mitch Mitchell - Jimi Hendrix Experience
Ginger Baker - Cream
Cozy Powell - ELP
Neil Peart - Rush
Bill Ward - Black Sabbath
Ian Paice - Deep Purple
Dave Lombardo - Slayer
Jason Bittner - Shadows Fall

Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Good grief! The comedian's a bear!

Credits: 47,031
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars

OK, the best is Neil Pert (first Rush song I learned on the Drums was Tom Sawyer...7/12 beat damn hard shit), Ringo was good at keeping the time only...nothing he did was new, different or challenging.

Bonham was great, so was Moon (who is the inspiration for Animal).

Lars is real good, so is Tommy Lee. Also, Carl Palmer is one of the best. For pure perfection in time and challenge, look at Stewart Copland
Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
the iPod pirate... Argggh! .. WAIT, don't get me wet!

Credits: 67,537
rdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to behold
Cool

There's a lot of great drummers out there but there's only two who I have always been able to pick out because of their style: Neil Peart and Stewart Copeland. Both of those guys were so obvious when I heard them. Both were amazing and unique and were doing much more than keeping time. The contributed immensely to a song's feel. Copeland was also a multi-instrumentalist while Peart was the band's lyricist. Those are my two.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,832
Martin Luther Bling is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default I wanna hear..

Obviously not my taste in music so, tell me a good song to listen to that shows how good this guy is. If he is mentioned by so many, he must be kinda of good.

I GOT WARRANTS!!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 AM

SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars

My philosophy on drumming has been that it should be viewed as an instrument in the band and used as one, not just to be the back beat to keep everyone in time.

Watch this and tell me he is not the greatest:

Code:

Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 AM

Code:

Pick any Rush album (not the first one though, he was not in the band yet) and you will see that the drums are used as a instrument), point of interest, not two songs buy Rush have the same beat, he uses new drum lines for every song (which made it real tough as a kid to learn how to play Rush songs).

My favs, listen to Signals - Subdivisions
Code:

Freewill
Code:

Limelight-GREAT F'ING SONG!!!
Code:

Old 07-08-2008, 09:02 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 2,280
staroffurby is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

There are many i admire for there drum skills like;
Matt Cameron - Soundgarden & Pearl Jam
Mike “Puff” Bordin - Faith No More
Steven Drozd - Flaming Lips
Brendan Canty - Fugazi
Jimmy Chamberlin - Smashing Pumpkins & Zwan

to name but a few, but one drummer. Actually i think he should be called a performer, seems to be more than just a drummer. Something amazing happens when he plays and that is Buddy Rich

I think special mention should go to Stewart Copeland for being amazing at every bloody instrument that guy touches. He has an individual style too, so jealous of his talent.