forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,722
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

HAHA, so true Soze about how far he has fallen. What do you think about Whitehead on the Affliction card? I was looking for someone talking me out of betting against Babalu but Leroy didn't. Thoughts?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,075
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
when the line oppened whitehead was at around +300 but has slipped down to sub 200. at those odds i just couldnt justify betting against babalu. if you would have placed a bet at +300 then that would have been a solid bet. if you really are serious about betting i wouldnt even touch the affliction card, too many crazy lines on that one. wait it out until you find a fight you are very confident in then pull the trigger, the only two bets i've made in awhile have been on cane and palhares and i hit on both. since then i havent really seen anything to catch my eye but i'm always looking
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM

effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Ah, now that was the sound advice I was looking for Soze. Yeah, I just took another look at the Whitehead line and wouldn't bet on it now. The last two fights I liked on the line was Grove and Hazelett. If I hadn't chickened out, would've made some money. The Affliction card is awesome and at the same time, like you said, too tough to bet because of everything going on there. I mean, if some of those guys were to win (Sylvia, mainly) the MMA world, let alone Affliction would be turned on its head for a bit. Thank god that won't happen. But if it is going to happen, I'd like to get some money on Timmay at +300
Old 07-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,819
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Funny Rampage videos

Check these video of Rampage when he was in Japan fighting for Pride pretty funny...

http://bringingbackthebushwhackers.b...ian-babes.html

I'll put up my pick for UFC 86 tomorrow...

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 07-02-2008, 07:48 PM

Anyone think that Rich Franklin is crazy? Moving up to 205 now that he's seen that Anderson is moving up? Great idea Rich, let him cave in your face again. I'll be interested in seeing how he does against Hammill. His stand up is definitely better, but you got to wonder if he'll be able to combat the GNP of Hammill.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,032
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

He was actually talking about moving up before Anderson. He basically said there was no one left for him to fight at 185 and no one would want to see him fight Anderson a third time. It just turned out that the UFC needed to throw together a card quickly to rival Affliction and Anderson was willing to fight at 205 on 6 weeks notice.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:54 PM

Yeah, I actually remembered that right after I posted it so pardon my complete dumbassery for a bit. Either way, kind of sucks for Ace because he just can't get away from Silva! I've been thinking he'll take a couple of a fights there but if Anderson makes the jump to 205 full time I could see him trying to take a few more fights at the lower weight.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:02 PM

i hate to use the term since it really isnt fair but as long as silva is in the same weight class as franklin he'll be relegated to gatekeeper status. rich is still one of the elites of the mma world but a third matchup between the two simply can not occur. 205 is the big money making divison for the ufc so there are plenty of big name, big money fights out there for him but there wont be any title fights any time soon. i wish the ufc would have set up hendo-ace and palhares-hammil instead of the other way around. those two fights would have been much more exciting imo.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,032
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Yeah, I'm not really sure why the UFC decided to match up Hendo & Palhares. Most organizations protect n00bs to the point of it being retarded(see Kimbo), but the UFC will throw your ass to the wolves after one solid victory. I guess that's Dana's "You have to fight the best to be the best" mantra.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM

Code:

then why the fuck is nogueira fighting mir?!?!!?!11

okay that's my obligatory mir bashing post of the day