forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Peer Validation

Old 07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I am Cricker... You are MAMON!

Credits: 54,887
SirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the rough

Not to sound like a complete nerd, but I just finished up:

Stephen Hawking's "Universe in a Nutshell", and "A Brief History of Time."

Also "Relativity Simply Explained" by Martin Gardner. Awesome books. Blew me away.

Now I'm midway through the Lord of the Rings books (Two Towers).
Old 07-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,813
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 07-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Cactus Jack

Credits: 0 [Check]

i have been going through a bunch of wrestler autobiographies. i just finished the chris jericho book which was really good and is just as good if not better than mick foley's original "have a nice day!"

Mick also started writing novels. I finished his first "tietam brown" while i was in ny and am working on his second novel "scooter." he is a really talented writer, who will probably shock people due to his immense literary talent.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,774
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I mainly read historical fiction, and usually the bodice rippers. I read before bed so don't usually go for a lot of heavier stuff. I might be starting something by Peter Straub soon? BC recommended it. To be honest, we discussed it in bed after I was drugged so it's all kinda hazy in my mind what I'll be reading. Oddly, I like inspirational historical fiction even. Janette Oke, Lori Wick. I started a 5 book series about Acadia and the ousting of the French to Louisana. The series spans from then until the Rev. War and is set in Acadia, Louisana, Boston, and England. I just finished the Love Comes Softly series and the Prarie Years series which are set mid to late 1800s and early 1900s. And then there is always the Malory novels by Johanna Lindsey. I also like the Alex Delaware novels by Jonathan Kellerman. And the Women's Murder Club series by Patterson is good.

I almost always have at least one fiction book and one non-fiction going at the same time. My non-fiction selections right now are a book on Tips on Better Living with RA, a book for nurses on chronic pain, and two RA magazines. Drool inducing if you're not interested in those subjects but highly fascinating to me. I am also half assed reading some ebooks on various rheumatology subjects.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 18,742
Geaux Saints is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Mrs. BC, you are a nurse?

"You rise, you fall, you're down, then you rise again...what don't kill ya, make ya more strong" - Broken, Beat & Scarred -Metallica
Old 07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 25,909
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest

I am just a few pages from finishing this....

I got half way through it, and found out it was actually a sequal, so I will be reading that next.

Side note, I am a major Stephan King fan.

"You last visited: 01-19-2009 at 07:33 AM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylikewhoa View Post
go fuckyourself
Old 07-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,774
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Nope, just have this long standing (21 years now-since I was 10 and found a "cool" nursing book on rheumatic diseases) insatiable drive to know as much as possible about rheumatoid arthritis, fibro, and chronic pain. It's kinda spread from just reading for my own curiosity to being the "newslady" and being the person people in the support group I'm in turn to when they need info they either have looked for and can't find OR just know it'll be easier to ask me to find it simply because I inherited a ton of resources and then continually build on them.

I'd have LOVED to go into the medical field somehow but RA prevented that. I'm too unreliable. I never know when I'll feel good. So, I do my part how I can. It's not much, but it gives me a feeling of being useful to more than BC and Mini-BC. Especially since I'm really not all that useful to them.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:55 PM
the iPod pirate... Argggh! .. WAIT, don't get me wet!

Credits: 67,530
rdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to behold

Code:

I did the same thing a few years back. Straub did a good job, though, because you can read them separately. I liked the first book better (Lost Boy Lost Girl).
Old 07-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs?

Credits: 641,839
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle

Code:

Holy Shit, I think I'm in love.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Credits: 54,967
Thomas Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

You guys are all gunna totally hate on me but i liked this book.
It def is not high-brow literature. Iceberg Slim is the true pulp fiction. Shit that Dolemite and all the blaxploitation films emulated. Plus it's his true story.

Code: