forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Peer Validation

Old 07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 18,743
Geaux Saints is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default What book are you reading right now?

I'm not a big reader (except DSF forums ), but a doctor friend of mine suggested a good book for anyone who has a daughter. The book is STRONG FATHERS, STRONG DAUGHTERS by Dr. Meg Meeker. It is scary to me to realize how much of an influence a father has on his daughter and how much she looks up to me and how important my interaction with her as she grows up makes such a difference in how she develops in life (especially in the kind of world that we live in today). One part I read last night really hit home. It said...

"From the moment you set eyes on her wet-from-the-womb body until she leaves your home, the clock starts ticking. It's the clock that times your hours with her, your opportunities to influence her, to shape her character, and to help her find herself- and to enjoy living."

So far it is a good read.

"You rise, you fall, you're down, then you rise again...what don't kill ya, make ya more strong" - Broken, Beat & Scarred -Metallica
Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I am Jack's wasted life.

Credits: 16,966
Marie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enough

I fucking DEVOUR books, I always have, ever since I was a kid.

Just finished reading Hannibal the last book in the Thomas Harris series (Silence of the Lambs etc) It was amazing.

Just started Hunting Badger, which is part of a series by this dude Tony Hillerman about two Navajo Tribal police officers on the reservation in New Mexico. Kind of murder mysteries meet Native Indian Fokelore. This one is about a big robbery that takes place and they can't find the culprits. This guy writes amazing "whodunnits:, if you're into that.

Currently reading Opening to Channel, which is supposed to help you learn to connect with your "spirit guide" or "higher self" and supposedly will help you accelerate to enlightenment.

I thought the DSF forum was all the enlightenment I needed, but this book seems to be saying otherwise...Hmmmm..

Oh I'm also reading a book of short murder stories by Canadian writer Max Haines called Bothersome Bodies.

Okay, you can make fun of me for being a geek now....

PMs, no emails.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:36 AM

Credits: 150,219
LingeringLonger is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Books

Unfortunately, I am reading a lot of adolescent literature (yes let the flaming begin) because i am a 7th grade English teacher. Most of the new books are a little disturbing with the sexual content.

Just finished the first two books in the Twilight series and they are surprisingly good.

Time Traveller's Wife was great as was The Dante Club. Both are for gwon ups...Mall by Eric Bogosian was one of the best books I have read in a great long while.
IT'S BEST TO LEAP BEFORE YOU LOOK.

Pog ma thoin!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:42 AM

Credits: 18,743
Geaux Saints is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

You're like my wife, M-EM...she can read multiple books at once. She loves to read. I have to do them one at a time and I'm a slow reader. She can finish a book in a week or less.

"You rise, you fall, you're down, then you rise again...what don't kill ya, make ya more strong" - Broken, Beat & Scarred -Metallica
Old 07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 61,520
Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura

about a man and his horse
Old 07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Good grief! The comedian's a bear!

Credits: 46,927
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars

Reading John Sandford latest Prey book.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 36,415
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Nice! Great series. I'm only about 5 books into it but it's on my to do list.

I think the last book I read was Night Stalkers.

I have a bad habit of buying books and then losing interest in them. I have about 7 or 8 books on my shelf that I just am not interested in reading.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I am Jack's wasted life.

Credits: 16,966
Marie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
haha

Homo

(I'm kidding)

If you have any control over what they read, hit them with some classics:

To Kill a Mocking Bird
Lord of the Flies
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (may be too advanced for 7th grade)
Animal Farm

Those are all books that blew me away at that age.

I've been wanting to read that Twilight series, but haven't got around to it. I've heard so many good things about it though.

PMs, no emails.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 6,338
Bong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enough

Bedside book: Murder in Spokane by Mark Furhman
Bathroom book: Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang
Book at work: Because They Hate by Bridgette Gabrielle
Couch book: latest issue of Vanity Fair
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 6,277
HedinAss is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Twelve Days of Terror

The definitive book on the 1916 shark attacks in New Jersey which killed 6 people. The basis for the movie "Jaws".