forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Should the U.S. drinking age be lowered from 21 to 18?
Yes, it makes sense. 9 10.34%
Yes, if you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to drink. 40 45.98%
Yes, because they're going to drink anyway... 11 12.64%
No, I'm not sure 18-year-olds should be given this much freedom. 11 12.64%
No drinks for anyone under 21! 16 18.39%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 5,589
bobbbb is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
manitoba is 18 also
Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,936
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

Code:

alberta is 18
Old 08-20-2008, 08:04 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,542
pinkblue1969 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Speaking for Air Force here but if you are stationed overseas you are allowed to drink at age 18 but if you have the misfortune to get stationed back in the USA before age 21 then you won't be allowed to drink, kind of screwed up for the young ones.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:10 AM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,003
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:

Must have been something you were let to get away with. Officially, you're not allowed until you're 21. I have a nephew in the Air Force and his annoyed that when his CO saw him drinking, he was "punished" by being made to work 2 weeks of 12 hour nights.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:14 AM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,003
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

I think 18 is too young for the legal age. Sure, many kids do it anyway, but those kids are usually drinking at 16 too. So do we drop it to 16? 15? 13?

What I find interesting is this push is being headed by a group of colleges. They're just tired of students breaking the law and giving them a bad name, so they'd rather get rid of the law instead of enforcing the morality contract that the student agreed to.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:15 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 5,081
Argotm is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

yes. the war answer.

hell i joined the military at 17(you can if your parents appprove/sign) and was drinking before that.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:35 AM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 15,648
jizzay is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

The whole, if you are fighting for your country then you should be able to drink, is crap. You joined the military either as a patriot who wanted to defend freedom or for the GI bill. You knew the law before you joined so why should they be given any extra rights the others don't have.

Not only should the drinking age stay at 21, the age for acquiring a driver's license should be raised to 18. There are way too many knuckleheads who can't control their own lives let alone have someone Else's life be put in harms way.

I think I read someone say it would free up the legal system from prosecuting underage drinking. Great logic, swap underage drinking for something more serious like a DUI. The problem is, there are those who are told not to do something and then they have to do it because it "bucks the system". What's next, allowing 16 yr olds to purchase handguns?

Some ideas are great when you think of them, but if you think about long term, you realize they are foolish. This idea is one of those.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah mate, I'm down under....and she loves it!

Credits: 206,484
MickC Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

In Australia, It's 18 for everything. Voting, Drivers License, and drinking
Works well, but I think you'd find that dropping the age in the US to 18 will see a lot of "nearly 18's" drinking a lot more.

Also the BAC limit for new (18yo) drivers here is 0.00% for the first 3 years. So that limits them a bit until they are 21 anyway.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:32 PM
cmetz: (v) - To not just fuck shit up, but fuck it into oblivion!

Credits: 1,312,427
cmetz is reaching legendary statuscmetz is reaching legendary statuscmetz is reaching legendary statuscmetz is reaching legendary statuscmetz is reaching legendary status
cmetz is reaching legendary statuscmetz is reaching legendary status

i think it should be 18. if u can vote or join the army u should be able to drink, and i'm not just talkin military. i think there would less problems with drinkin if kids were taught how to drink. right now parents don't want their kids drinking because it's illegal, if they are taught at a younger age there wouldn't be as much binge drinkin and they would understand the consequences that go along with drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foetus View Post
i dont shit. im a higher life form. i haz evolved

-----------nothing i post is mine, get over it-----------

RIP Joe TheSnake
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Banned by request

barnanjeto is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I personally think they should lower the limit to 17, if you can be tried as an adult, have sex like and adult, fight with adults without it being assaulting a minor, and join the military, you should be able to drink to your hearts content.

Also, cigarettes give you cancer and you can have them at 18, but beer just makes most retarded but you can't have until your 21?

(I know I'm getting flamed for the entirity of the post, as the guy from fantastic four would say [i forget the name] 'FLAME ON')