forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 04-28-2008, 06:51 AM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,760
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I have the BJ Penn book and by Warrior book do you mean "Training for Warriors" by Martin Rooney?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,675
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Code:

Yup, those are the ones I was talking about. I think Rooney has a couple of books, yeah? I've heard that his stuff is some of the best stuff on the topic, but then again, I'm just an "arm chair roller," haha. Anything you got?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Well I can't find anything by Rooney. I have the physical copy of his newest one, and it's OK if you can get past him saying "the warrior". I personally haven't been able to so I've quit reading it even though there does seem to be some pretty good fitness info in there. The book won't teach you how to fight, but it will get you into shape to fight.

But whatever, if I run across it I will get it for you. I have the BJ book uploading right now and shoud be able to get it posted tonight or tomorrow. If you want I can put up some other MMA conditioning books that have a simlilar theme to what Rooney teaches. Just let me know.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:12 PM

effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

Code:

That's actually exactly what I want. Whatever you can find about the MMA conditioning would be great for me. I totally appreciate it Lerrrrr....I mean Graves.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Code:

done. I will browse my collection and try to start some uploads before I go to sleep. I've got about 50-60 e-books so I haven't had a chance to read them all, so I apologize if some that I upload suck.

BTW, you and anyone else who joined before I changed my name can still call me leroy. I really don't mind. You can also call me daddy, god, or guy who has a dick i want to suck. Those work too.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 PM

BJ Penn's MMA Book of Knowledge

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111174844/BJ_Penn_s_MMA_Book_of_Knowledge.pdf.html
Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 PM

STRENGTH & CONDITIONING FOR COMBAT SPORTS

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111180556/CCS_TAP__OUT_Files.pdf.html
The Ultimate Stretching Manual

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111180528/Grandmaster_Ted_Gambordella_-_The_Ultimate_Stretching_Manual_-_175_Stretches_for_Every_Body_Part.pdf.html
The Naked Warrior

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111180518/Pavel_Tsatsouline_-_The_Naked_Warrior.pdf.html
Weight Training for the Martial Artist

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111180324/Thompson_Weight_Training_for_the_Martial_Artist.pdf.html
Scrapper Bodyweight Conditioning

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111180642/Scrapper_Bodyweight_Conditioning.pdf.html
The Ultimate Underground Training Manual

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111181382/The_Ultimate_Underground.pdf.html
Ross Enamait - The Underground Guide To Warrior Fitness

HTML Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/111182401/_aljkfsdqpwreiuofahklsz.vn_.rar.html
Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 PM

So now that you have enough reading to keep you busy I will give you a few quick tips.

1. Flexibility is probably the most important part of conditioning for MMA. If you want to be any good you might need to spend as much as an hour a day stretching. While watching TV is a good time. Give Yoga a shot. It's fucking hard so it will work your cardio, it teaches you how to breath, and it is great for flexibility.

2. When weight training stick to the basics. Squat, bench press, incline bench press, shoulder press, and deadlifts are the most important. Try to do compound lifts, i.e. they work more than one body part. As far as MMA training goes your time could be better served focusing on things other than isolation lifts like bicep curls. And whatever you do, don't neglect your legs. Some the biggest muscles in your body are in your legs, so working legs actually helps you produce more testosterone which helps the rest of you grow too.

You want to do a shit ton of reps. I like to start off with high weight, do as many as I can then lower the weight while taking a short rest and do as many as possible with the lower weight. Keep pulling off weight until you're down to the bar and can't do anymore. Those are called drop sets if you want to Google it.

3. Balance is huge too, so work on that too. I like to stand on one foot while raising one knee as high as possible. Do it both fast & slow. It will help your balance and your hip flexibility which is also very important.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Hey Leroy, these links are all pretty good. I've actually got most of them downloaded and I'v ebeen going through them. Totally digging the advice, much thanks. On a different note: have you come across the Chuck Lidell or Matt Hughes biographies? I think Couture has one out too. I've been searching my balls off trying to find those things & haven't come across anything. It'd be awesome if you knew where those were or if you had them because they'd be an interesting read I'd imagine. Thanks for all your help. Time to go stretch
Old 04-29-2008, 07:05 PM

I just can't find the Chuck Liddell & Matt Hughes books anywhere. I have the Couture one and I'm uploading it right now. It's not a biography though. It's a training book that was written with the same two guys who cowrote BJs book.