forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 88,358
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

I suck at golf, but i still play a good amount.

I've been playing for 2 yrs with a mixed set I bought for 50 bucks on craigslist.

Yeah, they're not that great, but if I was a good golfer(which neither you nor I will be within the next 2 yrs anyway), they'd be more than serviceable.

The point is, everyone's right: Don't spend 400 bucks on new clubs and shit UNLESS you really have 400 bucks to throw around. I don't know your financial situation, so maybe you are okay enough to do that.

Either way, like everyone's said, play a bit with secondhanders before you go out and make your purchase.

Good luck
Old 07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 547,324
deadinabottle is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
milly, i would suggest looking at buying a new set of clubs over used simply for the fact that a shop will fit you to your clubs. the cost of having clubs worked on once they are used will outweigh the cost of just buying new where they should do that for free. different shaft flexes, club lengths, grips, and degree adjustment really do affect your learning curve with golf. those little things can also help eliminate a lot of the frustration people will have when fighting their swing. make the clubs work for you.

brand wise, you dont really gain much with going with a name brand set outside of showing off what you can afford. i know and play with plenty of people who use cheap clubs and dominate while others have a nice set and are lucky to even connect with the ball half the time. some other companies/models i would suggest to look at are the cleveland cg4 (non tour), calloway x18, and the ping g series irons. all of those are older models but you should still be able to find them new in shops. the maxfli/golf galaxy setup sounds like that would be a really good deal to start out with, just make sure they feel nice to you when you swing them at the shop. golf galaxy should allow you to test them out on a simulator in shop as well.

personally, i use a set of mizuno mp-57 irons with an adams pro strong 4 wood and a taylormade burner driver. cleveland 588 wedges (60, 56 and 53*) and a cameron putter round out my bag. i dont personally use hybrids because ive always been strong with my iron work and dont feel the need to add more clubs to my bag. ive been golfing for most my life and have worked in a few shops as well as courses. let me know if you have any questions and ill do my best to help you out.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 PM
That's MR. MillyMc to you!

Credits: 14,379
MillyMc is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

kinda fell off the grid, but in case you were wondering: i picked up the a3s bc the hybrids were getting such good reviews. the r7s were nice.

i looked to buy used ones, but even then they were either rediculously old or over a $100. then i gotta meet weird people that post on craigslist.

so i bought a new set that will last me years. everybody is selling their crappy old ones to buy a midpriced set like the a3....so why not by the midpriced set. then i dont have to worry about peoples sweaty grips and the like.

plus ima fancy man who hits golf balls into the bay while on vacation; i deserve a fancy mans set of clubs.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,340
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

From one 'fancy man' to another, good luck.
All that dispensed second-hand advice was through experience, as I always go for the shiny new toy also - I just am a tad OCD, and constantly 'upgraded' until I ended up a step back.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:38 PM
That's MR. MillyMc to you!

Credits: 14,379
MillyMc is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

nah, i dont need to have the best. but im starting to learn in life that the cheapest route isnt always the best. so i got something i know is good and will last me years.

/passive aggressive dig at my cheapskate parents.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:07 PM
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

Credits: 349,194
Bob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP totalBob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP totalBob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP total
Bob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP totalBob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP total

Code:

Golf is one of the most addictive sports. I got into it a couple of years ago and have played every chance I get.

I play with a Nike SQ1 driver - @250.00, Cobra irons - $475.00, a TPS putter - $75.00 and a Callaway bag - $135.00.

It's an expensive sport, but with clubs you get what you pay for. Cheap clubs don't last or play well, so make the investment for some good clubs. My next set will be the Taylor Made Burner set. Awesome set.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Is your refrigerator running? Bcuz if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually

Credits: 2,503,237
TR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
TR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:

You play with cheap clubs.....hack

You should hit a shit load of different clubs and get fitted. The difference with the right set of clubs is a major difference in your game. How you address the ball, grip size, shaft length, toe weight.....the right clubs will shave stokes off your round. One you get the right clubs for your body and swing, the game is played within 5 inches.....the space between your ears.
R.I.P. JMA

Old 04-10-2011, 08:14 PM
MEGADOUCHE

Credits: 0 [Check]

I play with a used Titleist driver-$80, closeout new Ben Hogan irons-$200, and a used Ping putter-$30. Wal-Mart TaylorMade bag, used balls, closeout gloves, etc...

I can suck at it all I want for the rest of my life for under $500.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Is your refrigerator running? Bcuz if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually

Credits: 2,503,237
TR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
TR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:

You can only play 4 months a year, I can play all year at some of the best golf in the country!
R.I.P. JMA

Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
MEGADOUCHE

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:

4, 6 if you're dedicated. I really don't play all that often, but we have some municipal courses that are decent, and you can play pretty cheaply. My feeling is, go have some fun, and fuck thinking you are the next Arnold Palmer.