forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 PM
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Credits: 54,967
Thomas Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.
Default Your Music recommendations

Post any bands that you think we should listen to!
Please tell us a little about them, maybe genre and/or similar artists.
And we don't need popular bands. Obviously everyone knows about them already.
(i think there was a thread like this but i cant find it!)

My first recommendation is Stateless.

They have been described be many as a cross between Radiohead and Coldplay with some Massive Attack in there.

If you like any or all 3 of those bands you will definitely like these guys.

They have 1 album and i posted it HERE.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 5,848
dogstain is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I can't recommend Belle & Sebastian enough. They are a band from Glasgow, Scotland that crafts meticulous pop songs that are thoughtful, joyful, and breathtaking. It's prolly not for the Rage Against The Machine set, but if you're looking for "best in class" pop music, you cannot do better than B&S.

There's a bunch of their stuff here, but I don't know if the links are still live:
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Start with "Push Barman..." or "If You're Feeling Sinister".
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 2,267
doubledip is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I seriously recommend checking out Shwayze...it's really good summertime lovin' mood music...stuff you can kick back and relax to..or sing along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_dile View Post
He is absolutely adorable.... I agree with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. cellany View Post
I'll third that- way adorable. I told him months ago he's totally my type.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Download my thanksJester file. Or a good BJ will do nicely...

Credits: 93,412
binary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aura

I really recommend Ours.

I stole this review from amazon...

Code:

I have listened to this cd at least once per day since I downloaded it.

http://www.drunkenstepfather.com/for...59&postcount=1

Old 07-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Download my thanksJester file. Or a good BJ will do nicely...

Credits: 93,412
binary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aura

Code:

I downloaded this. Excellent recommendation.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:38 AM
If you need me I'll just be circling the maternity ward, listening for screams with my glass ready in hand.

Credits: 1,260,473
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.

Code:

You forgot to add another from Scotland that I think has a better pop, Camera Obscura.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:41 AM
If you need me I'll just be circling the maternity ward, listening for screams with my glass ready in hand.

Credits: 1,260,473

The String Cheese Incident are an incredible live band.

Code:

Old 07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 62,559
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough
Default it's jazz but that doesn't matter

People who have seen me post know that I listen to ALL kinds of music and particularly appreciate the hard stuff.

That being said one of the baddest guitarists to ever grace this little planet was a Belgian GYPSY who unfortunately died 55 years ago.

I wikistole this:
Jean-Baptiste "Django" Reinhardt (January 23, 1910 – May 16, 1953) was a Belgian Sinto Gypsy jazz guitarist. He was one of the first prominent jazz musicians to be born in Europe, and one of the most renowned jazz guitarists of all time. His most renowned works include "My Sweet", "Minor Swing", "Tears", "Belleville", "Djangology" and "Nuages" (French for "Clouds"). here:
Code:

there are not many of his LPs or 78s on the net but I found this one in about 2 seconds:
Get it here!

Last edited by scampr : 07-30-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,577
mmmike is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Ever heard of Paw? They were a 90's band out of Lawrence, Kansas that got swept up in, signed, and consigned to the trash bin along with many other bands in the post-Nirvana grunge feeding frenzy. Certainly not in the class of, say, Nirvana or Pearl Jam, but infinitely more deserving of some recognition than Gavin Rossdale and his ilk. Some 58 reviews on Amazon (yeah, I know, Amazon?)but still 56 are five star and 2 four star, so at least some other folks feel the way I do about this band. You'll hear the usual grunge aural touchstones but filtered through a midwest/Neil Young lyrical sensibility and its generally fast and lean, not slow and gauzy as much grunge can sound. And the singer, a poet named Mark Hennesey, can howl like no one's business. Rumors have the two principals getting back together this fall to maybe give somethin' another shot.

Dragline

Code:

"The guy that called PAW a Skynyrd/Soundgarden child that grew up next to Husker Du is dead on."

I've got all their stuff (a cleaner follow up on Epic, an ep from 1990, and some unreleased songs and singles as well.)
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 42,007
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Scratch Track

Aesop Rock

Wicked shit

My Movie Review Thread | Website