forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Peer Validation

Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Virginty is overrated, so give me yours.

Credits: 181,569
Mr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSF
Default IAE Diabetic and having or had trouble controlling their diabetes

Hey guy. As some of you know, I'm a type 2 diabetic. With the way this economy has been going it is effecting my blood sugar because I can't afford to eat they way I need to. I need to be on a high protein, low carb diet to control my sugar. However, to make ends meet I have to use foods from food banks, which are mostly simple carbs. I used to be able to get lots of meat at a discount price, by buying meat that stores have to clear out before it expires. With the way the economy has been going, people are grabbing that stuff up in droves. It is really starting to frustrate me. Because my diet is out of control, my blood sugars are in the high 300's. Add to that the infection in my legs and the edema from the cellulitis, tonight I burst the skin on my leg. Since diabetes retards healing, I have to watch the wound very carefully to make sure it doesn't turn into a skin ulcer.

I just started taking Lantus at night and had to raise it from 18 to 40 units nightly. One of the side effects of Lantus with me, is that I gain weight fast. I gained 20 lbs in about 4 weeks. The added weight makes my blood sugar even harder to control, which is why they increased my Lantus to 40. Of course, the more Lantus I take, the more weight I put on. To get my sugar down faster, my endo just put me on Novalog. it seems to be helping, but of course with the higher carb count, the higher and harder it is to control my blood sugar. Add to that gastric neuropathy and now, you get a better picture as to why my sugars are out of control.

There is more to the story, but right now I just want to find out if anyone else is having trouble with their blood sugars and what they are trying to do to stabilize theirs. One thing that I will add is that with the add weight, it is making it harder to stand to prepare food and even harder on me to try to walk to the bus stop to go out.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

Credits: 349,399
Bob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP totalBob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP totalBob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP total
Bob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP totalBob Wehadababyitsboy laughs at your paltry REP total

I was diagnosed Type 2 in June of last year. I was well over 330 lbs. The doc put me on metformin and just suggested I exercise more. What scared me the most was when he told me that I could go blind or lose my feet. Having two daughters, it frightened me to think I may never see my grandkids or walk my daughters down the isle. So I joined a gym and after losing over 70 lbs, the doc says my A1C levels are back to normal. I started out just walking, stopped drinking sodas and the weight poured off.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:21 AM
I got the biggest collection of nipple pics this side of the Mississippi!

Credits: 69,461
StorageBag is a jewel in the roughStorageBag is a jewel in the roughStorageBag is a jewel in the roughStorageBag is a jewel in the roughStorageBag is a jewel in the roughStorageBag is a jewel in the rough

Type 2 - Diagnosed 3 years ago. Grandfather and Mother had it and passed away. Went from 275lbs to 185lbs current. Was on pills (up to 5 a day) for almost a year). Been on insulin (up to 7 shots a day) currently. Went yesterday to insulin pump class and go back in two weeks to get my first pump (on trial program, 3 different pumps for 2 weeks each to determine the best one for me). Hope this does it for me.

Mine has always ran high, never been below 140 even when fasting for over 24 hours. Typically my average is anywhere from 220 to 280. Has ran as high as 480 - 530.

It sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppie View Post
StorageBag...you sir are a fucking god among men!