forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 07-06-2008, 01:31 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 3,108
dikfore63 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
That's how I feel about almost every Counting Crows fan. The Counting Crows know how to play their singles and sound good doing it, but no one I know ever admires them for their musical talent...

Back to DMB. I have not gotten in to much of their new stuff, but I really like the Crash Album and Under the Table. Satellite is my second favorite song from them.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:10 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,678
jchimpo is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default The fans kill it for me

I used to listen to DMB all the time. I love their music. The first time that I saw them live was 1994 and they put on an amazing show.

Then they started to get extremely popular and their shows started to get bigger and bigger.

Once they got embraced by the whole frat boy scene it became impossible for me to enjoy listening to them in public or even with any people I that I didnt really know. The concerts became overrun with people who were there for the scene and not the music. People who say things like "That show last night was amazing.... I got so drunk in the lot that I past out and missed the first hour."
(thats a real quote, or at least paraphrase) from an old friend of mine.)

They are still great although I just can't deal with 90% of their fans, which probably makes me an asshole, but what can i do.

I feel physically ill when im in a crowded room and satellite or crash into me comes on and everyone starts talking about how great "Dave" is.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:24 PM
It can be boobie tiem nao pleees?

Credits: 8,615
jcaf41 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Thumbs up why I will always save room for Dave...

Bartender, Grace is Gone, Gravedigger!!!

Songs you will never hear on the radio and for that alone I love it. The Lillywhite sessions, that only true fans have in their collection, the Rutabega Demo, and all those fucked up but hilarious bits of "Dave speak"

I was a military man, not a frat boy, love my doc martens, hate birkenstocks and everything the remind me of, can justify why in my own opinion DMB is one of the greatest bands of our generation (I am 29). I listen to the music, and have always been able to block out the nimrods at the concerts who are so "INTO" the music. That of course is just a load of bullshit, because have of them are tripping their balls off, rolling, or smoking something that ends of blocking out the lyrical and musical reason why the band is who they are today. No one with a brain can say they don't have talent. They are all very talented. Yeah they are mainstream - as is any real band. That was their goal - mainstream media equals more $$$. I do not blame them. But for every band or song you love - realize someone will hate them for some ignorant reason. Give it a try - give something you have never heard yet a try is a better request.

DMB follower since 95!!

Yes I also have been very much into Metallica, Tool, RATM, Live, Johnny Cash, David Gray (signed by Dave Matthews BTW), Pink Floyd, The Doors, POD, Korn, and my list and tastes keep going. So DMB fans are not always your frat boy, birkenstock, follow the leader lemming types.

Sorry for the rant....its late and I just smoked a fatty!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 36,509
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough
Default LeRoi Moore Dead

This sucks.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:21 PM

Credits: 14,369
IndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really nice

the saxophone player for dmb died. . . . heard it on the radio today. . . it was due to injuries he had received from an atv accident back in june.

Visit my music blog: http://www.startofthenewrevolution.blogspot.com

StartoftheNewRevolutionRadio

Old 08-21-2008, 02:31 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 17,363
DJ_Wonderdog is being mentioned in polite conversationDJ_Wonderdog is being mentioned in polite conversation

I never really listened to DMB until I met my wife and she was a huge Dave fan. Tha songs really grew on me and they have become one of my favorite bands.

I saw them live at Bonnaroo a few years ago. I waited for a few hours and pushed through the crowd to get within 20ft of the stage. The show was amazing.

I think my favorite "song" by DMB is their cover of "Watchtower".
Old 08-23-2008, 09:12 PM

wow - where the hell have I been if I find out about Leroi dying on DSF?

that truly sucks - that man was a very talented musician.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:34 PM

Credits: 7,067
mhump23 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

That's a shame about the saxophone player. Always tough to lose someone like that.

As far as the DMB, I always thought they were an OK band. I never got scene crazy over them, that might just be I'm older.

I do have very fond memories of the Under The Table Dreaming CD as that was a major piece of music listened to during the "courting" of my wife. She listens to almost all country and I've always had very broad musical tastes and that one CD seemed to be a musical bridge for us. I still feel all warm and fuzzy when I hear Satellite.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,634
shotglass2 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I love DMB.... Ive seen them 19 times. #41, Shotgun, Two Step, Idea of You, and Bartender are my Favs....

I was at the two shows this week in Los Angeles, Tuesday was the an eerie and sad show. To see the guys go through the pain of losing a friend and band mate yet still putting on a preformance that was second to none was heart wrenching. Dressed in all black, the band had somber faces and at times were chocked up/crying during the opener Bartender. Dave told a wonderful story about the first time he watched LeRoi play, it really made the show a little more personal for the band.
Wed. show was the best Ive ever seen. A great set list(I caught Carters when the roadie threw it off stage) mixed with dead center third row, it couldnt have been better.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:21 PM

They are still touring?

I understand us as fans are the reasons they are who they are - but I think that is even a little much for me.

I just lost my father and my best friend in the matter of months, and I could not function for weeks.

I am not sure if this qualifies as ironic - but DMB is what got me through.