forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 10,084
BarryMcCockiner is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
There's one I've never heard before. Usually, even people that tell me they hate DMB still say that the band is very good/talented. Carter is ridiculous on the drums, Stefan is a very well respected bass player, and who the hell plays the violin like Boyd? (yes, facetious, who the hell plays the violin period)

Code:

One thing that I've heard repeatedly is that people who like jam bands don't like DMB because they're like the pop-equivalent of a jam band. They kind of jam, but they also translate to the radio which you don't see with a lot of the other guys.

Me personally, I like them. I think it started because they were Virginia boys and so was I, they started out growing a huge fan base in the state. I like most of their music but I hate some of it too. I've seen them 13 times and am not in a hurry to see them again because I typically hate their crowd nowadays. The first time I saw them was the tour opener in '98, Roanoke, VA, it was the first big concert EVER to come around where I grew up, so it was a big deal and it was a great crowd. Now, I go to shows and it's a bunch of kids barely out of diapers who hear Crash on the radio everyday and are excited to be able to tell everyone in their 6th grade class that they smelled someone smoking pot and had a sip of beer. The crowd just bugs me. I also hated Everyday, with the exception of like 2 songs it's a concert killer. I never really got into Stand Up either. Before These Crowded Streets I can listen to over and over and over. My favorite song is Lie In Our Graves, but I also love Seek Up and Halloween and even going to 13 shows, have never seen them play those 2.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 8,612
trondi is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

It's pretty simple arithmetic TO ME, really.

Dave Matthews+ alone= I like it, or I don't hate it.

Dave Matthews+DMB(dave matthews band)= Hate it

That is my scientific research, and I don't care what reasoning you present to me. The sound of saxophone and violins don't mix right, TO ME.

So there it is, and the hack fiddle player in dmb isn't that good, he always sounds a bit out of tune.

Once again just my own opinions here, don't get too riled up about it.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:01 PM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,480
Phil Metal Jacket is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Most certainly my favorite band. There is a great charm to his lyrics and his style, and the talent of Dave and the band as a whole is quite remarkable. When the music's fun, it's really fun. When it's sweet, it's really sweet.

Sad thing, I was only beginner fan the last time they were in Vancouver, so I didn't go. Since I became a huge fan, they haven't come anywhere near here. I can't afford to go all the way down to the Gorge.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 5,172
AgreeableMonkey is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

DMB is the worst kind bland, middle-of-the-road, commercial, radio-friendly, vaccuous, shit that could only be popular in America. If it wasn't for the god-awful 1980s saxophone trying, and failing, to find its place in every fucking song, the music would simply be easy to ignore background hum. Seriously, how old are you fuckers? My mother would turn her nose up at this dull medicority, and she's 62.

Wretched stuff indeed. Just my opinion.

Last edited by AgreeableMonkey : 03-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM
It can be boobie tiem nao pleees?

Credits: 8,614
jcaf41 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,401
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

Oh please - stop with your fuckin' snooty righteous british bullshit!
I'm not about to say DMB is the greatest thing, but don't try to punk those of us in the new world.
Just look at some of the shit that came out of your tight-asses in that same period. Check the UK million sellers export list for the past fifteen years.
At least they're musicians and have principles- not just selling out to get a trip to the states.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 5,172
AgreeableMonkey is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

You're quite right, my colonial friend. The music buying habits of the majority of British population are entirely indefensible. I wouldn't even try.

Maybe I just thought DSF'ers were a cooler bunch?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,844
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

Code:

The very presence of this argument proves that his music isn't as vacuous or disconnected as you claim it to be. One-sided topics aren't lightening rods for vehement opinion. For example, are there staunch defenders of the Backstreet Boys? (or at least ones that have eclipsed puberty or don't smoke pole).

You clearly articulated your opinion....and that's cool with me...as music can be extremely subjective and I can respect that. However, I couldn't help but think of the song 'proudest monkey', o' agreeable monkey.

I'm not a huge Dave Matthews guy myself anymore...his set with Tim Renolds is the only thing I'll listen to now....although when I used to puff cheeba in high school in the mid-to-late nineties...I rather enjoyed the jams/concerts.

If that makes me a vapid, middle-of-the-road Colonial, then so be it. Something had to drown out those fucking Spice Girls. I like Norah Jones and Jack Johnson too, so fuck it. Good music is good music.....I don't care how it's packaged, sold, or labeled. I can't listen to Cake or Sex Pistols all the time.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
It can be boobie tiem nao pleees?

Credits: 8,614
jcaf41 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Well said.
As I have said previously in this thread, my taste is all over the place. To each their own, but if you base your listening habits to the radio only then you are a narrow minded idiot. Record labels push the songs they want the masses to hear to buy the albums, the people who listen to this in my eyes are just lemmings. The people who know the real music, ^^^@Thermos, regardless of being a die hard fan or not knows the best is not played for the masses. Dave and Tim sets are some of my all time favorites, and when he played a few years back here in Boston - they played Bartender together. Fucking incredible. Try and find that on the radio or any other mass market outlet.
Ok I am done.