forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 5,118
EZE123 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I'm pretty friggin' old, but back in the 80s, I saw .38 Special open for Iron Maiden.

of course, that was in the south, so maybe it only seemed strange to me.....
Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 7,525
Beatrix Kiddo is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I just saw Radiohead too. Did you see them in Tampa? It was on the 6th.. I think. hehe..
Liars didn't seem like such a strange pairing to me, I guess. I'm not a fan of liars, but it seems like a lot of fans of radiohead could also be liars fans. anyway.. that was a really good show!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:15 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,480
muffmuffmuff is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

about 2 years ago dizzie rascal opened for the chili peppers in germany. horrible.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:26 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 3,922
rockdude82 will become famous soon enoughrockdude82 will become famous soon enough

I saw The Hives (horrible swedish retro-garage rock band) open for Rolling Stones in Copenhagen. Longest hour of my life.
Maximo Park opened for....Rolling Stones a few years later, completely redundant band, especially seeing as AC/DC had opened for RS in other parts of Europe.

A slightly weirder combination, though not a tour package, but on Roskilde Festival 2000 (the year a bunch of people died during a Pearl Jam concert)
I saw NIN followed by Iron Maiden. " entirely different crowds for those shows.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:19 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,015
georgemandingo is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I saw Tenacious D back in '98 open for Tool and The Melvins...awesome show...but needless to say, the crowd was not too keen on the D...Maynard had to step in between Tenacious D an The Melvins to calm the crowd down, becuase they got to the point of throwing things onstage, I was quite entertained, but I knew abot the D, and had seen Mr. Show...but the crowd was brutal...Tool played 'Stranglehold' with King Buzzo and that was awesome...
Old 12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 13,650
danieldamone is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

The first time I saw squeeze, Fountains of Wayne opened for them, and the second time, Fastball opened up. I guess promoters seem to thing washed up 90's bands go well with post-punk and new wave. weird.
Navin: I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the end of this coronet, right through here, through these valves, right along this tube, and right up against your lips and give you a kiss.
Marie: Why didn't you?
Navin: I didn't want to get spit on me.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 88,517
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

Code:

hey ash, dont think u post anymore, but i saw them in wpb, where they opened the tour...

another wack opener was rig 1 for conor oberst...its this interesting rap "band" with a guy from omaha. must have gone to school with conor or something
Old 12-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,241
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Code:

I love Tenacious D, how did they handle a bad crowd? I love their music but I got the complete masterworks and they don't seem that great live. They need a band behind them to give it the extra blast a live crowd for that kind of gig needs. I find Tenacious D to be good to listen to when I need to relax for 5 minutes if I am writing a paper or something. I could imagine them being a bit irritating at a show if I wasn't really wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator24 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Scots are awesome! They like to yell and drink and fight and make the best Scotch in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foetus View Post
they make pretty cool tape too
Old 12-25-2008, 02:20 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 4,454
Nickc is being mentioned in polite conversation

I saw Rage Against The Machine open for U2.I had seen Rage a few times B4 and the crowd was crazy but at this show.Everyone was sitting nicely in their seats watch Zac jump up and down.It was fuckin strange...as you would think both bands were great so i was happy...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:11 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,543
thenobody is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Rage with U2, eh? Wow, I'll bet some of the Boomers who went to that show for "With or Without you" had no fucking clue what was going on.

Just thinking about Tom Morello and the Edge being on the same stage is pretty fuckin ridiculous though...