forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,258
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough
Default Making videos

Are there any masters with adobe after effects or any video editing programs here? I am putting together an intro video for a pitch - does anyone have any tips? I am pretty confident with photoshop but dont really know a quick way (this has to be completed very quickly) to make a cool intro video that can show text well etc.

Or are there any good systems you have seen that put together text/typographic videos? Like those little flash gadgets you used to get (last time I used flash was about 6 years ago or longer, if it has even been out that long.

I know its a boring topic but I thought I would post in the off-chance somebody loves doing this kind of stuff and can help out. Cheers
Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

I am a master editor and i still know AE pretty damn well even though i rarely use it anymore and I have worked in almost every pro and consumer editing program from Avid and Quantel down to Vegas.

How long is your time frame?

I know that Apple's "motion" program has a bunch of presets that make animation pretty damned easy.

I can give you all sorts of ideas and tips... i just need to know where to start.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:57 PM

troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Nice one! Ok well I am making an intro movie that will show the general concept of the business idea in about 1 and a half minutes.

I already have a short bit thats about 30 seconds and it goes through a series of countries with the flags at the top - about 15 of them.

The business is called "A Taste of Europe" and it is a restaurant with a retail store underneath it and it also does cooking workshops, sort of an all inclusive brand. As you can guess from the title it sells only European based foods.

I plan on ending the video with this effect, http://www.layersmagazine.com/animat...r-effects.html

I was thinking it would be great to have some good text effects to present the basic info so that it excites the people I am doing the pitch to. Its quite a genuine thing, its for uni but its to actual business people they have brought in who will look at it like a real pitch. Its on Friday and we need to be able to put the rest together so I am in a major rush!

If you want to look at what I have, I have uploaded my file so far, hopefully it will work on your version.

http://www.breezyrider.co.uk/concept_pitch

I put in the images and things too. I am not sure how interested or bothered you can be but if you feel like playing around or having a look please feel free!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:02 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,768
Marko is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've been editing professionally for about five years. I mostly used Final Cut, but I also worked on Avid and Vegas for a few years. I don't use After Effects anymore, but I was good when I did. I'll help you if I can.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Cool mate I appreciate it, have a look at what I have so far - The stuff I am after is fairly basic, or at least by a pro's standards.

Do you guys want some of the info on the business too? I dont want to just offload my work onto you helpful people of course :P

I am writing a different coursework which is due for tomorrow but I dont want to spend all day tomorrow trying to put a simple video together when there is more to do, I do think that having a really cool video would help us do the best. We get some prizes for being the best so I am trying even harder, even though the prizes probably suck. Its the principle.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM

Dont know if anyone tried the link, but it should be working now (the breezyrider one). Sorry that my last couple of threads have been stuff like this, I will get back to posting lots of piracy and I will find some new hot girlfriends to photograph just for all of you in a few days.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:47 AM

Just thought I would leave a note saying thanks to you guys for offering me help. I managed to make the video (www.tasteofeurope.co.uk) and we used it in our pitch. We won 1st prize so I am really happy with it. Uni is over for now so I can DSF all I like!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM
it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again...

Credits: 19,214
velvet_skin is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

that's great troup...nice job
Closed Thread