forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]
Default Bands from your childhood

What is the first band that you can remember that really took hold of you and shook the shit out of you. A band that you listened to over and over. And how old were you?

for me it was Pink Floyd, specifically The Wall. It was never in my household so hadn't heard of them until smoking cigs one day after school and a friend put it on. He was amazed i had never heard any Floyd! That record amazed me and was the first record that i can remember that totally blew my mind. I was 15.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:34 PM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 6 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

AC/DC- Live album. I was about 12 years old and was like WHOA I missed out......So awesome.....I know every track by heart on that album......

Old 08-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,936
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

KISS was the band i first remember listening and having all the records, so long ago i dont even remember what age i was. guessing i would say age 8. i have the sticker on a my night stand that i had when i was a kid.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
the iPod pirate... Argggh! .. WAIT, don't get me wet!

Credits: 67,530
rdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to behold
Cool I wrote way too much...

When I was a wee lad I listened to country because that's what my dad listened to (and that's when country was really country and not just lame rock bands with fiddles). One day, we were given this huge console stereo full of records that used to belong my mom's youngest brother. She asked me to pull the "Hey Jude" 45 out so she could listen to it. Since I'm an OCD completist kind of guy, I pulled all the Beatles records out. My dad still refers to that day as the day my musical tastes were ruined.

(You can see me cross this intersection here: )

Shortly afterward, they started playing a song on the radio that had this weird vocal part in the middle and then it got really heavy and then quiet again. The dynamics of it caught my ear. I bought the album it was on and, well, ever the completist...

The song was, of course, Bohemian Rhapsody.

I loved the Midnight Special and would stay up every Friday night religiously. One night, this weird dude with orange hair was on and, again, I couldn't take my ears off him.

If I remember correctly, he played Time and Space Oddity on that show.

My brother brought home an album with a naked man ass on the cover. I was already not wanting to hear it. Then I heard the singer and I thought it was a chick. I did not want to hear that band. A year or so later, a friend at school stuck the first Sony Walkman I'd ever seen in my hands and told me to press play. Four minutes of rocking guitar goodness filled my ears before I heard that voice again. I couldn't deny the greatness of Rush's 2112 (despite Geddy Lee's weird voice). I was hooked.

I discovered Alice Cooper on my own. Alice wasn't quite as feared by parents as he once was, after all, he'd been on Hollywood Squares. I instantly gravitated to the look and the humor that, dang it, a lot of people just couldn't see. But beneath it all was a bunch of rock solid catchy songs. Without the great songs, Alice would have been just another pathetic Marilyn Manson wannabe, only decades before wittle Brian would become the derivative wannabe that he so very much is.

These were soon followed by Pink Floyd, Adam Ant, and so many others but the foundation was laid by Alice, David, and the boys from Liverpool and the Great White North. They still are in constant rotation in my ears and are all still active musically (except for the two dead ones).
Old 08-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Snow and snowmobiles... a natural fit

Credits: 15,764
wildebeast71 will become famous soon enoughwildebeast71 will become famous soon enough

For me and probably many others, it was Led Zeppelin. I was probably around nine and my brother (8 years older) got me hooked. Zeppelin is still one of my favorite bands.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Snow and snowmobiles... a natural fit

Credits: 15,764
wildebeast71 will become famous soon enoughwildebeast71 will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Thanks RDC2007, forgot about the first time I heard The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 25,910
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest

Got this tape Christmas of 1988. I was 12. Never really cared much for music until then then. After that, got into Motley and other hair bands. Grew into a love for MetallicA. Then, there was no looking back.

On a side note, the other tape I got that Xmas was Rattle and Hum.

"You last visited: 01-19-2009 at 07:33 AM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylikewhoa View Post
go fuckyourself
Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 7,060
mhump23 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I got a paper route when I was a kid(back in the day's when kids and not adults had paper routes) and the first thing I bought with my hard earned money was something I still have today.

Led Zeppelin II
Cream - Disraeli Gears
The Beatles - Abbey Road

....but it was the Zep that made the biggest impression on my young head. They were and still are my favorite of all time!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Bam Bam is hittin that! imgbox

Credits: 212,141
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.

The Mighty Black Sabbath. Then was none like them, and there never will be!!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:52 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
How old were you when you first heard them?

And did it take a couple of listens or was it like a lightning strike?