forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Do you get annoyed by irrelevent replies to direct questions?
Pisses me off to no end 22 37.29%
Dude, calm down and who cares 8 13.56%
Get over it, the world's coming to an end in 2012 anyway 5 8.47%
42. 24 40.68%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,002
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
Default Answer the F'ing questions!!

I don't get it. It seems to be that within the last year, I see more and more forum posts (on other forums I frequent) where replies don't answer direct questions.

This is really annoying. I guess I run into this in the real world too. And that drives me nuts more.

Here's some example I've run into lately.

Q: "Does this look like double-pep to you?"
A: "We are training a lot of new people. Let me call and see what happened."

Q: "Do you think spray foam will melt the plastic of my center console?"
A: "I used a metal bracket across the inside on the bottom and that fixed my problem."

I could go on and on but those are the two most recent examples.

Why the hell even post/talk if you aren't answering what was asked? Why waste everyone's time with useless drivel. Why do they get pissed at ME when I point out that they didn't answer what I was asking.

Is it that people replying think they have a better idea what the poster really meant to ask? Or is it that the replier simply feels the need to boost their ego, not realizing that they're looking like an idiot by screwing up a simple thing?

Maybe it's because I have kids and teach. But I was always taught to answer the questions asked. Not run off on a tangent.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by this type of crap?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 6,953
lastlineofd is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Easy, because you actually get to the point. Stupid people don't like that. They'd rather blabber about nothing.

Code:

Nope its annoying as hell. I ask simple questions for work and I get a song a dance and often incorrect information.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 AM

strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Crap, wrong sub-forum.

Anyone who's able, please move this to step-polls. Pllleeease
Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,774
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

You know, the sky looks more blue on some days.

Sorry! I had to. I do however know how annoying it is to ask something and have answers you just go "whaaaaaa????" to. Makes ya wonder about people. I am bad about tangents. But at least eventually I do answer the question. If I have nothing to say(and it's not a place where just saying "I support you" or something similar), I don't get involved. Well, excluding here but....

I think it is great you point out that they didn't answer you. I also think you hit the nail on the head....ego. And then too for the most part, people are idiots.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 AM
the iPod pirate... Argggh! .. WAIT, don't get me wet!

Credits: 67,530
rdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to behold

I'm just wishing for a direct question. Everything that is purchased by my company comes through me. Salesmen come in and ask vague questions, ending up with me looking incompetent because I'm looking everywhere and not finding the documentation they need. Finally, they tell me the specific item they are looking for and I go instantly to that document and the answer they are looking for. So, why do they not come in with a question containing the specifics of what they need to know? I'm convinced it's because they're fucking idiots. And by "they" I mean this one particular salesman. The rest of them are halfway decent. Never mind.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Good grief! The comedian's a bear!

Credits: 46,926
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars

One time when I was sitting in the can, I really thought about how children like to touch themselves, and how unicorns were late to Noah's ark...but what really got me mad was that time I went and ...

Like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. 'Give me five bees for a quarter', you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah...the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war; the only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Bam Bam is hittin that! imgbox

Credits: 212,141
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.

I want an Easter Egg.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 AM

Code:

Yea, that annoys me too. I usually say "Quite wasting my time and get to the point". It's funny how many people will run away at that point. It's like they are stunned that you don't want to spend the next 10 minutes hearing about the boil on their cousin's ass.

Some of the irrelevant replies here are pretty funny. I'm not pissed at those though. I knew what was going to happen
Old 07-09-2008, 09:51 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 2,278
staroffurby is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I hate people that can't give a straight question or answer, they really piss me off.

I do wonder if it is because so many are scared about upsetting someone, by giving the wrong answer, not being politically correct, having a different view point to friends or just making a complete ass of themselves by proofing they know nothing.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:58 AM
So for an extra value woody, put this BigMac into that Quarter-Pound pussy, yes!

Credits: 12,326
BigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSF

I like puppies!