forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: What is the Greatest Film Trilogy?
Toy Story 7 4.86%
The Godfather 15 10.42%
The Lord of the Rings 25 17.36%
Mad Max 1 0.69%
Star Wars (Original Trilogy) 52 36.11%
Back to the Future 10 6.94%
Jason Bourne 9 6.25%
The Evil Dead 8 5.56%
The Dollars Trilogy 9 6.25%
Other 8 5.56%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2010, 09:50 AM
I perform ILLUSIONS! "Tricks" are what a whore does for money

Credits: 983,996
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.
Default Greatest Film Trilogy

Cast your vote

1. Toy Story, Toy Story 2 & Toy Story 3

2. The Godfather, The Godfather Part 11 & The Godfather Part III

3. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers & # The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

4. Mad Max, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior & Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

5. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back & Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

6. Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II & Back to the Future Part III

7. The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy & The Bourne Ultimatum

8. The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II & Army of Darkness

9. A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More & The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

10. Other
What have I missed? Rush Hour? Crocodile Dundee? The Naked Gun? Make sure to post to let us know
R.I.P The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobs View Post
Damn you Eccles! *shakes fist*
Nothing I post is mine
Old 11-20-2010, 09:54 AM

Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.
Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.Eccles wears his rep gold in a pouch around his neck.

Mark Hamill looks alot like Ms Justin Bieber here
R.I.P The Snake
Quote:
Nothing I post is mine
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I kill grownups for fun but for a lollipop, I'm gonna carve him up real nice

Credits: 540,404
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:59 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 187,347
xoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud ofxoxoVirlomixoxo has much to be proud of

Star Wars or Back to the Future are my favorite film trilogy.

LOTR is the greatest though.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I have won the lifetime achievement award... twice.

Credits: 79,399
Moose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to behold

Let's see...

I love Toy Story, but I'm not selecting any animated series as the greatest trilogy of all time.
The Godfather is right up there, but III fell so short of I and II that it can't be the greatest ever.
The Lord of the Rings...Great movies, but I've got to go with Randall in Clerks 2 on this one. "There's only one Return, OK? And it ain't of the King, it's of the Jedi.
Mad Max, great series, but falls short of Mel Gibson's other trilogy (+1 sequel that shouldn't have been made), Lethal Weapon.
The Bourne movies are great, but you can't repackage 007 and be the best ever.
The Evil Dead movies are hands down the best B movie trilogy ever made, and the primary reason that I now tune into USA Network for Burn Notice.

For me, it comes down to Dollars, Star Wars, or Back to the Future.

Star Wars finishes third thanks in large part to Ewoks. If Jedi would have been 75% as good as Empire the trilogy would be untouchable. Unfortunately for us, George Lucas unleashed his inner jew and filled the movie with lovable muppets that he could make big retail bucks on. Fuck you George Lucas, fuck you.

Dollars is a really close second. They remind me of spending time with my dad other than being beaten for not putting my toys away. Clint Eastwood was the original badass and the production of the movies was second to none in regards to westerns. In fact, they may or may not be loading up in utorrent as we speak.

Hill Valley takes the top spot for me. Back to the Future delivered many a great Saturday afternoon for me as a kid. I just watched them again recently with my girlfriend and couldn't believe how great they still look and how well the story has held up over time. They did a masterful job of matching themes across the three movies, and taking part 3 to the wild west was genius. More so than any other trilogy, the characters remained consistent and were well acted. You can call Marty McFly by a lot of names; Calvin Klein, Clint Eastwood, even Marty Jr, but nobody...NOBODY calls him chicken.
RIP TheSnake
Old 11-20-2010, 05:52 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 3,364
mg321 Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

I voted Dollars but prefer the Dirty Harry movies. Too many for a trilogy though.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Consume me.

Credits: 1,015,692
Beer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
Beer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorBeer is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

I voted for Evil Dead but Indiana Jones is up there.

and Blade.

Last edited by Beer : 11-20-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:01 PM

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Isn't a trilogy. Neither will Bourne when they make the forth one.

In fairness, Star Wars isn't either but I'm pretending the prequals don't exist
R.I.P The Snake
Quote:
Nothing I post is mine

Last edited by Eccles : 11-21-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 PM
In Soviet Russia, bomb disarms you!

Credits: 42,713
Sergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud ofSergei Fedorov has much to be proud of

It's a hard split between Star Wars and Back to the Future. Though LOTR is pretty solid.

If it must be one, I will go with Back to the Future. It had it all, Huey Lewis and the News, Real 3D, Hoverboards, Clint Eastwood references/homage, Crispin Hellion Glover, Fake Crispin Hellion Glover, Christopher Lloyd, Terrorists getting fucked over, poking fun at Iranians 9they are stupid), the 1950's (Pure America for conservative Americans), possible motherfucking, the Future!, standing up tp bullies, urban blight, the old west, trains, Red Hot Chilly Pepper (as in one), Star Wars reference's, alternative fuel sources, and goddamned TIME TRAVEL!

Seriously who does not want a time traveling Delorean for there birthday?

Also Star Wars has slowly devalued itself with Prequels, cartoons, endless shit toys, and George Lucas still breathing (and planning more movies and ways to fuck the dog). Fuck you George Lucas.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
inextricably bound up with perception

Credits: 71,976
dolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thing
dolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thingdolphinskull is planning the next big thing

Mexico trilogy!

why wasn't that on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer View Post
I take pizza seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
9/11 was an inside job from the Roswell aliens and the Loch Ness Monster