forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Does The Constitution Grant The Right Of All Americans To Own And Carry firearms?
Yes Without Restrictions 46 54.12%
Yes With Some Restrictions 32 37.65%
No 7 8.24%
Im Not Sure 0 0%
Im Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 445,024
tokerjoe will become famous soon enoughtokerjoe will become famous soon enoughtokerjoe will become famous soon enough

i like chris rock's idea, everyone can have a gun but bullets are $10,000 apiece.

that said, i'm from a city in the northeast, i have never and probably will never go hunting.

i also have a felony and drug conviction so i can't get a license even if i wanted one =*(
Old 11-19-2008, 09:02 PM

Credits: 3,107
dikfore63 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

As several people have said, the point was to defend ourselves from the government should it no longer serve the people. Nowhere does it say you can have a conceiled weapon though. Any one who wants to carry a gun shhould be able to but it should be out in the open.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Has the odd ability to always find himself under falling anvils.

Credits: 75,086
Kyle E. Coyote is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Articles I and III of the Constitution state that anything that we as states or citizens are not specifically prohibited to do, we can do. The Constitution doesn't tell us what we can do, just what we can't.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,959
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

i know that a few years ago in Canada that the gov't here made gun registration mandatory and every year they have done a study and there crime rate (crimes with weapons) have not reduced, but i think they have went up over time. and most people committing crimes dont use a registered weapon. i know this doesnt directly have to do with the topic but it kinda tied in with one of the posts
Old 11-19-2008, 11:21 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,849
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Do you have any facts that say it is good for half the population to have assault rifles? I'm pretty sure that the countries with the highest numbers of assault rifles per capita owned by private citizens also have the highest murder rates. If that is the case, then shouldn't assault rifles be banned?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 AM

Credits: 3,107
dikfore63 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Well that is just silly. The Constitution does not say we cant have sex with a hot 16 year old or drive 140mph in a school zone either, yet those are illegal. The Constitution does not just list what we cant do it also lists what the US Government cant do and one of them is infringing on the right of the people to have firearms.

The wording doesn't stop the government from making everyone who wants to carry a gun from having to keep it in a backpack or on their back so it would be hard to brandish in anger...
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,723
daveyeti is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default somebody said: rockets for all

and they were joking, but I'm not.
The purpose of the Second Amendment is to protect us from governments (federal, the states' and foreign ones). The only way that purpose can be served is by allowing us to own the biggest guns and blowin'-uppin'est bombs we can afford.

The Second Amendment doesn't give a shit about your little handguns or even your Uzis.

If the Second Amendment was alive, it would be embarrassed that gun lovers are using it to try to keep their little dick-extender guns, only to have them locked up in a safe at home so that if the British do ever decide to reclaim their colony, you're too busy with the combination to keep from getting shot.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 AM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,849
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

^^^^some real high quality gun nut psycho babble right there. If you really want people to consider taking your seriously, you should avoid starting off saying everyone should be able own any weapon they can afford to buy.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:16 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,723
daveyeti is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default but i need my seriously. i don't want anyone to take it!

I'm far from a gun nut. I don't own one, never have and don't have any interest in owning one.

I just think that people that trot out the Second Amendment to hold onto guns that kill individuals instead of people acting on behalf of an oppressive regime are doing the Constitution a disservice.

sorry if i wasn't clear - i'm kinda drunk

Last edited by daveyeti : 11-20-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 88,788
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of