forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: How much do you guys normally tip for ok service?
20% 54 52.43%
15% 23 22.33%
10% 6 5.83%
I don't tip at all 1 0.97%
It depends on the total bill 19 18.45%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2010, 05:26 PM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 106,450
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

I only put the tip in!

shit wrong thread
Old 11-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!

Credits: 11,102
cableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud ofcableporter has much to be proud of
Default 5 - 10% buffet service 10 - 20% ala carte, More in poorer countries

Depends on where in the world I am. Officially in Japan the people who serve you are insulted if you give them a tip. So I give them a tip of about 10% and they don't look all that insulted to me.

In Europe, it varies by country as well, each of them has their own culture and wage structure.

In Africa even when eating in top hotels the bills are far less than we are used to so I up the percentage for the staff but always leave it as cash, not sign it to my room so I know that the staff is getting it and that it does not go to the hotel management.

In North America, it runs between 10-20% depending on the service and quality of food. I know the wages are poor and the tips pay for their efforts.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:21 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 5,213
Hannerbob is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I usually tip a min of $5. For decent service I tip the greater of $10 or 25%. For truly exceptional service I have left a $20 tip on a $15 meal. Having worked the service industry, I know tips can make or break your day, so if someone does a fine job I tend to show my appreciation whenever I can afford to.

Last edited by Hannerbob : 12-04-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 PM

Credits: 1,839
jtaylored is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I start at $5 flat fee and go up based on attitude and skirt length.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,539
jawade is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I like to tip the bartender well on the first drink. It helps when you need another. and another. and so on.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,569
MrTwist is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've worked as a server for about 15 years now, so I generally don't go below 20%. Most places I leave about 30% or so, though the places where I'm a regular I leave 50%. I rarely have an empty beer in the couple of bars I frequent.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 AM
The future is unwritten, but I'm illustrating it now.

Credits: 270,379
el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.
el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.el_victorino is wasting away in Rep-o-rita-ville.

Sometimes when I'm really drunk I tip all the way over.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I haz a temp avy that seems to be pretty permanent!

Credits: 83,073
moviephile gets fan letters from Gary Busey
moviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Busey

at restaurants I usually tip around 20% unless the service is shitty. In bars If I run a tab i usually tip 25%, but if I walk up to the bar and the bartender is on it they get a good 40%! I like My beers prompt, and tipping a bartender well gets You quick service all night.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:40 AM

Credits: 4,962
twebb9 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

20%, and come down from there depending...