forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: What Religion Do You Follow
Hinduism 4 5.63%
Judaism 4 5.63%
Buddhism 4 5.63%
Shinto 1 1.41%
Confucianism 0 0%
Taoism 3 4.23%
Christianity 31 43.66%
Islam 0 0%
Wiccan 1 1.41%
pray nightly to the porcelain gods 23 32.39%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 8,689
trondi is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Then, Don't you mean, I know the bible Real Good?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Dicktowel.com

Credits: 89,506
beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

i always thought that not believing in g-d means u believe in g-d because ur denying its existence.

not to go all existential on everyone...just thinking outloud(or typing outloud)....
Old 08-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Dicktowel.com

beastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud ofbeastley has much to be proud of

ps im atheist, but was raised hindu, which is why i voted hindu.
i would have voted atheist if it was a choice.

i actually have my own views on hinduism which is as simple as this:

invaders invaded india and since we didnt have a name for our country or anything back in the day, we were called the "indus", as we lived in the indus valley civ....this became known as "hindu" over time and hindu came to be those who lived in this area.

now, since moslems and christians(britain) were the invaders, they tried to understand the religion of the hindus based on their own religions of islam and chrisitianity, and then hinduism became a religion.
all those g-ds, all those faiths and all, in my opinion were just like the g-ds of the greeks and romans...they were more mythological than anything else.

but since we live in a society that makes others fit our own views of how categories are set up, u have a bunch of people calling themselves hindu as their religion, when in my view, hindu is more like a nationality...which of course makes it even more difficult to understnad for the average person who thinks hindi is a relgiion and hindu is the language...but thats my india/hinduism lecture for tonight.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,973
red7ine is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

not trying to be a dick, but is there a reason you won't type out the word 'god'?
Old 08-22-2008, 06:16 AM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,031
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:

lightening bolts?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,890
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough
Default wise

Code:

Divine intervention is a bitch. Ever since yesterday (when I typed that I'd bang Jesus over Judas in another thread) I've been plagued by locusts and frogs. G-d damn it.....let my fucking people go.

Seriously - this is all tongue in cheek - I shan't begrudge ANY follower of ANY faith - but dogma and organized relgions are terrifically fun to poke fun at.

Thanks for answering Binary. I was raised Presbyterian. They are really big on predestination and that would really fuck with my mind. Never saw how it fit into (or coexisted with) the free will concept that they need to cling to to justify all the shitty stuff happening in the face of of a loving, caring g-d.

So no scientologists on here?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:16 AM
jesus is my homeboy

Credits: 5,183
Candi Apples is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Unless Tom Cruise is lurking on DSF,then I highly doubt there are any Scientologists in the forum.

I certainly have nothing against people who follow this religion,but it's one religion that I don't feel is truly real.

L Ron Hubbard(founder/creator of Scientology),was originally a
sci-fi novel writer,before he created this religion.

If I were smart,maybe I too would create my own religion,and have some nutbars follow me around like zombie's.

But,I lack ambition,and I'm too lazy to create a religion.

Katie Holmes is fuckin brain washed,ever since she married Tom Cruise....

What little respect I had for her is gone out the window.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that Katie Holmes is a Scientologist,it's just that she was stupid enough to enter the alien like world that is Tom Cruise.

Last edited by Candi Apples : 08-22-2008 at 08:18 AM. Reason: .
Old 08-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,890
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

Code:

I'm your huckleberry (nutbar). Any cool perks? Tax-exempt status? A harem of Candi Apples in the afterlife?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Dicktowel.com

Code:

haha not really just grew up with a bunch of jewish friends, and it sorta stuck...also why i kiss the air when i go under a yellow light.

more for fun than any real reason
Old 08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,973
red7ine is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

just checking. And I think that is the reason behind many of the trappings of different religions. It doesn't really do anything except make you feel like you are doing the 'right' thing...