forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 AM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

DONE!

4 posts and 194 pics.

I figured you'd love it, Snake, since you've lived in NY so long and can really appreciate it firsthand.

I love NY and i also love this movie (one of my all time favorites) so I find it fascinating as well.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs?

Credits: 646,762
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle

Epic post boss, I love it.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 PM

Credits: 79,165,303
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
yup I remember most of those places. I worked in times square in the late seventies. And when I was a teenager, I went to kung fu movies every weekend in times square. It's sad to me that it changed, but it is much cleaner and safer now. But we lost a place that a had a feeling that no other place on earth had. Times square in the 70's was pretty freakin cool. First time a girl came up to me and asked me if I wanted a date, I was like sure but I got to run maybe I can call you and she giggled and walked away. I told my dad, I was like dad some hot girl asked me for a date in times square. he laughed and laughed and then explained to me she was a hooker.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
satan666

Code:

No doubt.

I watched Style Wars again recently and just wish i could see some trains with burners on them IRL. It's better now though because back then only like .5% of graff were big murals... the rest were just shitty tags but i never got to see any of that shit close up in NY. It's all gone now.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:37 PM

Code:

uh, the whole city was covered in that shitty graffiti. It's like pollution. Every inch of every train and bus and bridge and factory, every playground, just everywhere. It was out of control. I'm not a big fan of the "art". Some of those mural guys are good though.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 PM
satan666

Code:

That's what sucks about it. Most of what you see looks like this:

You rarely get to see stuff that looks like this:

I just have this fascination with the birth of hip-hop and that whole era. It's more of a romanticized thing for me because i wasn't there or even old enough to be involved even if i was there.

There were a few really good graff artists that came out of that time but of course they were never able to translate their skills/talents into anything worthwhile. I kind of think it's more a discipline thing more than anything with most of those guys (i'm making sweeping generalizations obviously). I've known 2 different guys that came out of jail and could draw so fucking well it would put most people to shame. Both of them tried various ways to translate that into a job of some sort but they never could. One guy was an old friend and when he got out i specifically took him under my wing and tried to help him out but he just didn't want to learn anything new. He just wanted a job that would let him draw all day... yeah, good luck with that.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
satan666

Snake, i also found this picture. I'm pretty sure one of those kids is you is it not?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM

Code:

My big problem with it is that it is destroying property and we have to pay millions of dollars to clean it up. The two on the bottom are really nice paintings but most of the city looked like that door. And nothing that nice would last, people would just tag over it.
Quote:
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
satan666

Code:

...within hours
Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 PM

Code:

I'm sorry to say, but I was probably already 30 when that photo was taken. Pictures of me when I was that young are all colorful like those pictures from the 70's hahaha That does look like the Bronx though.

Code:

Unless a gang was protecting it.
Quote:
Hail, too the King!

Last edited by TheSNakE : 06-23-2010 at 10:25 PM.