forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Best Drummer of all time?
1. John Bonham 49 31.41%
2. Keith Moon 22 14.10%
3. Buddy Rich 18 11.54%
4. Ringo Starr 7 4.49%
5. Somebody else (who?) Explain! 60 38.46%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2010, 04:51 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 44,447
VonPapel is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Mike Portnoy -- Dream Theater - Planet X
Old 03-07-2010, 04:59 PM

Credits: 79,157,915
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

It's not who is your favorite drummer, it's who is the best drummer. Dave Grohl, the guy from Panthera? I love rock, but you guys really need a music lesson.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,765
Jewonaman is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Im surprised Travis Barker hasnt come up yet, he is my favorite by far. He finished an entire tour with a broken foot one time, still pulled off the double bass. Joey Jordinson is second for me, but with all respect to some of the older drummers who paved the way for these guys.

Last edited by Jewonaman : 03-08-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:43 AM
zipcity

Credits: 0 [Check]

A few people have been badmouthing Ringo Starr in their posts, but I gotta put in my two cents for the guy. Ringo was just the right drummer for The Beatles -- steady, solid, great feel, and his fills were subtle but really added something to the songs. He didn't play to show off, he played to suit the music, and that's more important than doing a 30 minute solo that's going to bore 98% of the audience anyway. (And listen to any of the recordings the Beatles did with Pete Best and you realize they traded up big time when they got Ringo.) I dig Charlie Watts for the same reason; never does anything fancy, but his sense of time and groove is dead solid perfect. The Rolling Stones wouldn't sound half as good with anyone else.

If we're talking about great drummers, not just great rock drummers, you really need to mention some classic jazz players like Elvin Jones, Art Blakey, Max Roach, Tony Williams, Philly Joe Jones, Kenny Clark ... for sheer technique and imagination, those guys could slay practically anyone.

Someone mentioned Karen Carpenter (probably as a joke), and the truth is she actually started as the drummer with the Carpenters before becoming the lead singer, and she was pretty good. But on most of their records, the guy playing the drums was Hal Blaine, who was arguably the greatest session drummer of all time -- you name the big act of the 60s and 70s and chances are Blaine played with them, and he always earned the big session fees he demanded. Great technique, knew just how to approach any song he played on. Bernard Purdie, Earl Palmer and Roger Hawkins are a few other great session drummers you've probably never heard of but whose work you've enjoyed.

And some rock players whose work I love: D.J. Bonebrake (X), Todd Trainer (Shellac), Mac McNeilly (Jesus Lizard), Pete Thomas (Elvis Costello), Brendan Canty (Fugazi), Chuck Biscuits (DOA, Black Flag, Danzig), John McEntire (Tortoise), Joey Burns (Calexico).

Last edited by zipcity : 05-20-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:15 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 4,679
decano67 will become famous soon enoughdecano67 will become famous soon enoughdecano67 will become famous soon enough

My vote went to Stewart Copeland for pure perfect timing, innovation and creating an original signature style in a sea of great drummers.
cut
paste

Do it faggot
Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,569
ocman is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Peart from Rush. Best thing to come from Canada since...... well.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:36 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,747
KULLPRIT has a spectacular auraKULLPRIT has a spectacular auraKULLPRIT has a spectacular auraKULLPRIT has a spectacular aura

I don't know if any of you heard of Gene Hoglan, but i've been a fan of his ever since i heard him on Death's album Symbolic

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

[youtube]
Old 07-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I kill grownups for fun but for a lollipop, I'm gonna carve him up real nice

Credits: 538,459
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

^^^ Nice post n00b!

EDIT: Holy crap. All you have to do is cut and past the web bar. WTF is all this [youtube]quote} BS?

Speaking of awesome

Last edited by ThatHaole : 07-24-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:10 PM
... my wait is over.

Credits: 33,049
Zakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSFZakko is loved by the DSF

Steve Kleisath

Strongarm, Shai Hulud, Further Seems Forever