forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,425
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award
Default Best Beatles Covers

A take on the 'Best Dylan Cover' thread by dan.
Seeing the Siouxies thread brought up 'Dear Prudence' which was decent, but probably not my favorite.
Aerosmith's 'Come Together', Joe Cockers 'With A Little Help From My Friends', or Motley's 'Helter Skelter' are my toss-ups.
What're yours?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm no alien, but I am illegal in 50 states.

Credits: 25,095
nachos1345 is a jewel in the roughnachos1345 is a jewel in the roughnachos1345 is a jewel in the roughnachos1345 is a jewel in the roughnachos1345 is a jewel in the roughnachos1345 is a jewel in the roughnachos1345 is a jewel in the rough

Oasis - Helter Skelter
And miles to go before I sleep.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 13,675
danieldamone is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I'm generally not a fan of beatles covers, but if i had to choose, i would say She Came In THrough the Bathroom Window done by Joe Cocker. Also, on a related note, I think Christina Aguilara's cover of John Lennon's "Mother" was pretty good.
Navin: I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the end of this coronet, right through here, through these valves, right along this tube, and right up against your lips and give you a kiss.
Marie: Why didn't you?
Navin: I didn't want to get spit on me.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 6,388
lefthandblack is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Hey Jules

Yes, Motley Crue's version of Helter Skelter really is a great example of making a cover even better than the original.

How about Jimi Hendrix, Day Tripper?
Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Does it count? I think Lennon is howling in the back...
Old 03-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Default Twiggy

Hey

check this out

Code:

I ripped it from the Muppets Show. The song is shortened, but it's alot better than the original. I tried to find out if Twiggy ever released it on an album (yes she released a bunch of albums) but I couldn't find it...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

Very solid indeed - gotta love the hot model of the day that can turn your crank aurally (orally?!?)
Funny you bring up the kid's show music guests - off topic, but the other night a few guys were sitting around in a 420 session, and a buddy brought up old Sesame Street videos on Youtube. This Stevie Wonder in particular, blew us all away -
Code:

- now the kids have Miley and fuckin' Jonas Brothers!
It brought back memories of just how cool being a kid in the seventies & even the eighties was.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Default dough!

Code:

Yeah, the 70's... wish I was born a decade earlier. Never liked Stevie, but that's HOT!
But being born at the right time ain't a guarantee (damn, is that spelled right?)
My mom was offered a ticket to the Beatles in her/my hometown a couple of years before the beatle-mania... They had a gig at a local high school. She said no. And my aunt saw Hendrix live - also in small town Sweden (didn't he have a son here, out of wedlock?) 30 years later she stated: "it was nothing. And what's the deal setting fire to a guitar?"

btw, what's a 420 session?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Code:

Growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area, 420 was always slang for weed. Something about kids in Marin meeting after school @ 4:20pm to get loaded; but it's taken on a life of it's own, and is pretty widely used as shorthand for smoking out. I love to smoke.

As for the generational music thing, you're right. I grew up in and around the vibrant San Fran music scene - Santana, Dead, Fleetwood, Doobies, even later in my generation Journey, Metallica, etc., but my first concert was the all-mormon Donnie & Marie Osmond show 'cause that's what the fam was into. So had I went that way and drank the kool-aid, instead of going the route of the deliquent rocker, I too would have missed alot.

Think you should give Stevie's hits a go though, as he's been a big part of my musical upbringing - hey, another thread - best Stevie Wonder cover, Phish's 'Boogie on Reggae Woman' live in concert:
Code:

Old 03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,761
ronhonda is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Helter Skelter Motley Crue
Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 5,376
Spaceman Spiff is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Eddie Vedder- You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

My couch pulls out, but I don't.