forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 10-16-2018, 06:11 PM
If you need me I'll just be circling the maternity ward, listening for screams with my glass ready in hand.

Credits: 1,255,754
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.
Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.Frothy Afterbirth just keeps going & going & going.

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

Might be too pricey.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:21 AM
As envisaged, the amtronic now converts to 'hover' mode...

Credits: 122,437
amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.
amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.amtronic is swimming in the rep pool that we call life.

What's that shit called you use with hookers? Amyl nitrate?

I got Kate Middleton pregnant.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Almost Interesting...

MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.
MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.MadamMeow is the ultimate authority on all that is reputable.

Code:

Close, I'm pretty sure it's nitrite. That third molecule in the nitrate just relieves angina attacks. Where's the fun in that.

Oh my there is a lot of tits & ass on movies & TV.
Trampy Internet Girls...what more do you need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusMartinez View Post
MadamMeow2 for president....
Old 11-06-2018, 04:53 PM
If you need me I'll just be circling the maternity ward, listening for screams with my glass ready in hand.

The Man Who Inspired Mario's Name Has Passed Away
By William Usher 5 Days Ago

One of the most iconic video game characters of all time is Mario from Nintendo's Super Mario series. The character didn't always have the name of Mario, though, and there was actually a very specific individual who helped inspire the name of the character. Sadly, that man has passed away.

According to Game Informer, Mario Segale, a real estate developer and landlord of various properties, passed away at the age of 84. According to the article, Segale was originally the landlord of the building that Nintendo operated out of way back in the day, and that, allegedly, Nintendo was oftentimes late with the rent. So, as a way to pacify the landlord, Nintendo promised to name a character after him.

This, apparently, was all in Nintendo's favor because at the time, when Shigeru Miyamoto was working on the original Donkey Kong, he only had generic names for the characters such as "Jumpman" for Mario and "Lady" for Pauline, the latter of whom recently made a return to form in Super Mario Odyssey for the Switch. The company, however, felt that the game would be a lot more marketable if the hero and characters had actual names instead of

just generic titles. Given Nintendo's relationship with the landlord, it was decided to name the character Mario to try to placate him... or, that's how one of the stories went down.

According to The Info Junkie, Mario Segale shared a likeness with the character from Donkey Kong, and it only made sense to name the character after the landlord when he came to visit the warehouse back in the 1980s as Nintendo was still getting its start in launching software (and hardware) in the United States.

Another telling of the tale is that Mario was named as such because it was a common name that the team at Nintendo heard and decided to use on the Italian plumber. Either way, the story continued to propagate throughout various inner and outer circles of gaming that Mario was named after Segale. The Game Informer article notes that Segale wasn't actually looking for the fame and tried ducking and dodging any responsibility for one of the world's most recognized corporate mascots.

In a video posted on the Nintendo UK YouTube channel featuring a Q&A with Donkey Kong designer and famed Nintendo creative director, Shigeru Miyamoto, he's directly asked if Mario was named after the landlord of the Nintendo warehouse, and in no uncertain terms, Miyamoto nods "yes" to the question.

But, even if Nintendo did name Mario after the landlord, why did Segale not want to take responsibility for the name? Well, according to the article, Segale didn't want the fame or recognition because he felt it would tarnish his real estate business. It's understandable to an extent, because sometimes getting pigeonholed for something unrelated to your business could end up harming it, especially if Segale's real estate ventures were already profitable and doing well without any connection to Nintendo.

As pointed out by Game Informer, while Segale may not have really embraced the connection to the Super Mario franchise or the character that was based on him, he's somewhat indirectly responsible for bringing a lot of joy and happiness to gamers who have fallen in love with Nintendo's products over the years.

Code:

Old 11-06-2018, 04:55 PM

Raymond Chow, Giant of Hong Kong Film Industry, Dies at 91
By Patrick Frater and Vivienne Chow November 2, 2018

Credit Kin Cheung/AP/Rex/Shutterstock

Chow was an instrumental figure in building the golden era of the Hong Kong film industry, working under Run Run Shaw at Shaw Brothers Studio and co-founding Golden Harvest in 1970. He was also among the first to bring Hong Kong films to global attention through international partnerships and distribution.

Born in Hong Kong in 1927, Chow studied journalism at St. John's University in Shanghai and began working as a reporter at the Hong Kong Tiger Standard upon returning to the city in 1949. He had a brief stint with Voice of America before leaving journalism for filmmaking when he was recruited by Shaw Brothers Studio in 1958, joining the company as the publicity chief and later became head of the production department.

He then left Shaw Brothers Studio, citing creative differences, and co-founded Golden Harvest with Leonard Ho Koon-Cheung in 1970. He reinvented industry practice by partnering with independent studios, contradicting the studio system at Shaw Brothers.

Golden Harvest was best known for discovering Lee, making him an international kung fu star and cultural icon who is still influential today. Their first film, "The Big Boss"(1971), made Lee an instant legend, setting new box office records at the time. It was then followed by "Fist of Fury"(1972) and "The Way of the Dragon" (1972). The subsequent ";Enter the Dragon" (1973) was a co-production with Warner Bros., the first co-production between Hong Kong and Hollywood.

Chan also found initial fame from filming the kung fu comedies ";Snake in the Eagle';s Shadow" (1978) and "Drunken Master" (1978), produced by Golden Harvest. The pics became a new sub-genre of kung fu movies.

Unlike many Hong Kong filmmakers, Chow was keen on venturing into the international market, particularly Hollywood. One of his most notable successes was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (1990), a screen adaptation of the comic series of the same name. The live-action film grossed more than $200 million worldwide.

But Golden Harvest suffered great financial losses during the Asian financial crisis in 1998, the same year when Chow's partner, Ho, died. Chow sold the company to China's Wu Kebo in 2007 and it changed its name to Orange Sky Golden Harvest after merging with a mainland Chinese partner.

"Mr. Chow set up Golden Harvest in the 1970s. The company has since produced a good number of movie classics, helped nurture a pool of Hong Kong talents, and brought them to the international stage. We are most grateful for his great contribution to the development of the Hong Kong film industry" said Edward Yau, Hong Kong's secretary for commerce and economic development."

Code:

Last edited by Frothy Afterbirth : 11-06-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:11 PM
The price is wrong...BITCH!

Credits: 51,953,715
smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.
smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.smeegs puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.
Default Stan Lee

Stan Lee, the legendary Marvel Comics co-creator and publisher, has died at 95. Kirk Schenck, an attorney for Lee's daughter, J.C. Lee, confirmed to CBS News that Lee died at a Los Angeles hospital on Monday. The beloved "God of the Marvel Universe" was behind superheroes like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, the X-Men, the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. Lee was known for his cameos in Marvel movies, as well. "J.C. Lee and all of Stan Lee's friends and colleagues want to thank all of his fans and well wishers for their kind words and condolences," Schenck said in a statement. "Stan was an icon in his field. His fans loved him and his desire to interact with them. He loved his fans and treated them with the same respect and love they gave him." Lee celebrated his 95th birthday in December, but showed no signs of putting his career to rest. In 2016, he talked to "CBS Sunday Morning" about his career and said of retirement, "That's a dirty word. ... Well, you know, retired to do what? I'm doing what I want to do. So why would I want to retire from it?" Last August, he revisited his career with a tribute in Beverly Hills called "Stan Lee: Extraordinary." Ruffalo, Aisha Tyler, Lou Ferrigno, RZA and comics creator Todd McFarlane were among the speakers at the event hosted by Chris Hardwick.

Lee, who was born Stanley Martin Leiber in 1922, grew up in the Bronx during the Great Depression. He started working at a publishing house with a division called Timely Comics in 1939. That's where Lee got his start in storytelling. "I'd fill the ink wells -- in those days they used ink!" he told "Sunday Morning." "I'd run down and get them sandwiches at the drug store, and I'd proofread the pages, and sometimes in proofreading I'd say, 'You know, this sentence doesn't sound right. It ought to be written like this.' 'Well, go ahead and change it!' They didn't care!" Lee helped shape characters like Destroyer, Father Time and Jack Frost at Timely Comics. Later, when he joined the army, he found that his skills were best used drawing. He illustrated a poster telling soldiers how not to get VD. "I drew a little soldier, very proudly," he recalled. "And he's saying, 'VD? Not me!' as he walks in. They must have printed a hundred trillion of those! I think I won the war single-handedly with that poster!" On Sunday, his Twitter account revealed that Lee's official title in the army was "playwright" in honor of Veterans Day.

By the 1960s, Timely Comics became Marvel Comics, and Lee was using his pen to inject social issues into his art. That's when he created Spider-Man. "I saw a fly crawling on a wall, and I thought, 'Gee, what if a guy could stick to walls like an insect?" Lee recalled. "That sounds good. So I started trying to think of some names. Insect-Man? Nah. Mosquito-Man? Nah. And then I got to Spider-Man. Spider-Man, ooh, that sounds dramatic! And if he has spider power, he can shoot a web also. And he could swing ... oh man! "And then I figured I'd make him a teenager, and I figured I would do the unthinkable: I'd give him personal problems. "I ran into my publisher and I said, 'Have I got an idea for you! His name is Spider-Man ...' And I couldn't get any further. He said, 'Stan, that is the worst idea I have ever heard!'" Of course, his publisher was wrong, and Spider-Man sparked the "Marvel Revolution." In spite of Lee's inextricable ties to Marvel, the relationship was a fraught one due to legal issues. Lee never owned the characters, and found himself cut out of many profits. "I try not to think about it," he said. "I'm having too much fun with the rest of my life. There's no point going back and saying I should have done this, or I could have done that. You know, what does it gain you?" Lee certainly had fun with cameos in Marvel movies, dating back to 1989. In 2018 alone, he appeared in "Black Panther," "Ant Man and the Wasp," "Deadpool 2," "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Venom."

Lee sued Marvel in 2002 and settled with the comic book giant for an undisclosed seven-figure amount. He was also given the title Chairman Emeritus of Marvel Enterprises. In February, Lee was hospitalized, but a spokesperson for Lee told CBS News, "Stan is doing well and feeling good, he is staying there for a few days for some checkups as a safety precaution." Last July, Lee's wife, Joan, died at 93. The couple had been married 69 years and shared a daughter, Joan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamMeow View Post
I'ld hit it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamMeow View Post
I'ld suck it.

Last edited by smeegs : 11-13-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:48 AM

Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry member, Roy Clark Dies at 85
November 16, 2018 Bethany Bowman

Roy Clark, the legendary ‘superpicker’, Grammy, CMA and ACM award winner, Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry member and co-host of the famed ‘Hee Haw’ television series, died today at the age of 85 due to complications from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Roy Clark’s decade-defying success could be summed up in one word — sincerity. Sure, he was one of the world’s finest multi-instrumentalists, and one of the first cross-over artists to land singles on both the pop and country charts. He was the pioneer who turned Branson, Mousori to the live music capital of the world (the Ozark town today boasts more seats than Broadway). And his talents turned Hee Haw into the longest-running syndicated show in television history.

But the bottom line for Roy Clark was the honest warmth he gave to his audiences. Bob Hope summed it up when he told Roy, “Your face is like a fireplace.”

“A TV camera goes right through your soul,” says the man who starred on Hee Haw for 24 years and was a frequent guest host for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show. “If you’re a bad person, people pick that up. I’m a firm believer in smiles. I used to believe that everything had to be a belly laugh. But I’ve come to realize that a real sincere smile is mighty powerful.”

For a man who didn’t taste major success until he was 30, the key was not some grand plan but rather taking everything in its own time. “Sure,” he said, “I had dreams of being a star when I was 18. I could’ve pushed it too, but it wouldn’t have happened any sooner. I’m lucky. What’s happened has happened in spite of me.”

In fact, that’s what Clark titled his autobiography, My Life — In Spite of Myself! with Marc Elliot (Simon & Shuster, 1994). The book reminded many that there is much more to Roy Clark than fast fingers and a quick wit.

That he was raised in Washington, D.C., often surprises people. Born Roy Linwood Clark on April 15, 1933, in Meherrin, Virginia, his family moved to D.C. when he was a youngster.

His father played in a square dance band and took him to free concerts by the National Symphony and by various military bands. “I was subjected to different kinds of music before I ever played. Dad said, ‘Never turn your ear off to music until your heart hears it–because then you might hear something you like.'”

Beginning on banjo and mandolin, he was one of those people “born with the music already in them.” His first guitar, a Sears Silvertone, came as a Christmas present when he was 14.

That same year, 1947, he made his first TV appearance. He was 15 when he earned $2 for his first paid performance, with his dad’s band. In the fertile, diverse musical soil of cosmopolitan D.C., he began playing bars and dives on Friday and Saturday nights until he was playing every night and skipping school–eventually dropping out at 15. “Music was my salvation, the thing I loved most and did best. Whatever was fun, I’d go do that.”

The guitar wizard soon went on tour with country legends such as Hank Williams and Grandpa Jones. After winning a national banjo competition in 1950, he was invited to perform at the Grand Ole Opry, which led to shows with Red Foley and Ernest Tubb. Yet he’d always return to D.C. to play not only country, but jazz, pop, and early rock’n’roll (he’s prominently featured in the recent book Capitol Rock); to play with black groups and white groups; to play fast, to even play guitar with his feet. In 1954, he joined Jimmy Dean and the Texas Wildcats, appearing in clubs and on radio and TV, and even backing up Elvis Presley.

Roy Clark, the legendary ‘superpicker’, Grammy, CMA and ACM award winner, Country Music Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry member and co-host of the famed ‘Hee Haw’ television series, died today at the age of 85 due to complications from pneumonia at home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Roy Clark’s decade-defying success could be summed up in one word — sincerity. Sure, he was one of the world’s finest multi-instrumentalists, and one of the first cross-over artists to land singles on both the pop and country charts. He was the pioneer who turned Branson, Mousori to the live music capital of the world (the Ozark town today boasts more seats than Broadway). And his talents turned Hee Haw into the longest-running syndicated show in television history.

But the bottom line for Roy Clark was the honest warmth he gave to his audiences. Bob Hope summed it up when he told Roy, “Your face is like a fireplace.”

“A TV camera goes right through your soul,” says the man who starred on Hee Haw for 24 years and was a frequent guest host for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show. “If you’re a bad person, people pick that up. I’m a firm believer in smiles. I used to believe that everything had to be a belly laugh. But I’ve come to realize that a real sincere smile is mighty powerful.”

For a man who didn’t taste major success until he was 30, the key was not some grand plan but rather taking everything in its own time. “Sure,” he said, “I had dreams of being a star when I was 18. I could’ve pushed it too, but it wouldn’t have happened any sooner. I’m lucky. What’s happened has happened in spite of me.”

In fact, that’s what Clark titled his autobiography, My Life — In Spite of Myself! with Marc Elliot (Simon & Shuster, 1994). The book reminded many that there is much more to Roy Clark than fast fingers and a quick wit.

That he was raised in Washington, D.C., often surprises people. Born Roy Linwood Clark on April 15, 1933, in Meherrin, Virginia, his family moved to D.C. when he was a youngster.

His father played in a square dance band and took him to free concerts by the National Symphony and by various military bands. “I was subjected to different kinds of music before I ever played. Dad said, ‘Never turn your ear off to music until your heart hears it–because then you might hear something you like.'”

Beginning on banjo and mandolin, he was one of those people “born with the music already in them.” His first guitar, a Sears Silvertone, came as a Christmas present when he was 14.

That same year, 1947, he made his first TV appearance. He was 15 when he earned $2 for his first paid performance, with his dad’s band. In the fertile, diverse musical soil of cosmopolitan D.C., he began playing bars and dives on Friday and Saturday nights until he was playing every night and skipping school–eventually dropping out at 15. “Music was my salvation, the thing I loved most and did best. Whatever was fun, I’d go do that.”

The guitar wizard soon went on tour with country legends such as Hank Williams and Grandpa Jones. After winning a national banjo competition in 1950, he was invited to perform at The Grand Ole Opry, which led to shows with Red Foley and Ernest Tubb. Yet he’d always return to D.C. to play not only country, but jazz, pop, and early rock’n’roll (he’s prominently

featured in the recent book Capitol Rock); to play with black groups and white groups; to play fast, to even play guitar with his feet. In 1954, he joined Jimmy Dean and the Texas Wildcats, appearing in clubs and on radio and TV, and even backing up Elvis Presley.

But in 1960, he was 27 and still scrambling. An invitation to open for Wanda Jackson at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas proved to be his big break. It led to his own tour, on the road for 345 straight nights at one stretch, and when he returned to Vegas in 1962, he came back as a headliner and recording star, with his debut album The Lightning Fingers Of Roy Clark. The next year, he had his first hit, The Tips Of My Fingers, a country song that featured an orchestra and string section. “We didn’t call it crossover then but I guess that’s what it was,” he says. “We didn’t aim for that, because if you aim for both sides you miss them both. But we just wanted to be believable.”

He was–on record and on TV, where his first appearances in 1963 on ‘The Tonight Show’ and ‘American Bandstand’ showcased his easygoing attitude and rural sense of humor.

“Humor is a blessing to me. My earliest recollections are of looking at something and seeing the lighter side. But it’s always spontaneous. I couldn’t write a comedy skit for someone else.”

Throughout the ’60s, Clark recorded several albums, toured constantly, and appeared on TV variety shows from Carson to Mike Douglas to Flip Wilson. “I was the token bumpkin. It became, ‘Let’s get that Clark guy. He’s easy to get along with.'” Then came ‘Hee Haw.’ A countrified ‘Laugh-In’ with music, shot in Nashville, ‘Hee Haw’ premiered in 1969. Co-starring Clark and Buck Owens, it was an immediate hit. Though CBS canceled the show after two-and-a-half years, despite ranking in the Top 20, the series segued into syndication, where it remained until 1992. “I long ago realized it was not a figure of speech when people come up to me and say they grew up watching me since they were ‘that big’.”

A generation or two has also grown up listening to him. In 1969, Yesterday, When I Was Young charted Top 20 Pop and #9 Country (Billboard). Including Yesterday, Clark has had 23 Top 40 country hits, among them eight Top 10s: The Tips Of My Fingers (#10, 1963), I Never Picked Cotton (#5) and Thank God And Greyhound You’re Gone (#6, 1970), The Lawrence Welk-Hee Haw Counter Revolution Polka (#9, 1972), Come Live With Me (#1) and Somewhere Between Love And Tomorrow (#2, 1973), and If I Had It To Do All Over Again (#2, 1976).

In addition, his 12-string guitar rendition of Malaguena is considered a classic and, in 1982, he won a Grammy (Best Country Instrumental Performance) for Alabama Jubilee.

A consummate musician, no matter the genre, he co-starred with Petula Clark at Caesar’s Palace, became the first country artist to headline at the Montreux International Jazz Festival and appeared in London on ‘The Tom Jones Show.’ Clark was amazed when guitarists from England credited his BBC specials and performances on variety TV shows with the likes of the Jackson 5 for inspiring them to play. But the highlight of his career, he said, was a pioneering, sold-out 1976 tour of the then-Soviet Union. “Even though they didn’t know the words, there were tears in their eyes when I played Yesterday. Folks there said we wouldn’t realize in our lifetime the good we’d accomplished, just because of our pickin’ around.”

When he returned in 1988 to now-Russia, Clark was hailed as a hero. Though he’d never bought a joke and doesn’t read music, the self-described, and proud of it, “hillbilly singer” was that rare entertainer with popularity worthy of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and respect worthy of the Academy of Country Music’s Pioneer Award and membership in the Gibson (Guitar) Hall of Fame; an entertainer who could star in Las Vegas (the first country artist inducted into its Entertainers Hall of Fame), in Nashville (becoming the 63rd member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1987), and at Carnegie Hall. Roy was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2009.

Roy’s many good deeds on behalf of his fellow man led to him receiving the 1999 Minnie Pearl Humanitarian of the Year Award from TNN’s Music City News Awards. In October 2000, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, and he was actively involved with school children who attend the Roy Clark Elementary School in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

From his home in Tulsa, where he moved in 1974 with Barbara, his wife of 61 years, Clark continued to tour extensively. For him — and for his legion of loyal fans — live performance was what it was all about. “Soon as you hit the edge of the stage and see people smiling and know they’re there to hear you, it’s time to have fun. I keep a band of great young people around me, and we’re not musically restrained. It’s not about ‘let’s do it correct’ but ‘let’s do it right.’”

At the end of each of Roy’s concerts, he would tell the audience, “We had to come, but you had a choice. Thanks for being here.” With responding smiles, audiences continued to thank Roy for being there, too.

Roy is preceded in death by his beloved grandson Elijah Clark who passed at the age of fourteen on September 24, 2018. Roy is survived by Barbara, his wife of sixty-one years, his sons Roy Clark II and wife Karen, Dr. Michael Meyer and wife Robin, Terry Lee Meyer, Susan Mosier and Diane Stewart, and his grandchildren: Brittany Meyer, Michael Meyer, Caleb Clark, Josiah Clark and his sister, Susan Coryell.

A memorial celebration will be held in the coming days in Tulsa, Oklahoma, details forthcoming.

Code:

Old 12-18-2018, 07:43 PM

Penny Marshall, 'Laverne & Shirley' Star Turned Director, Dies at 75
10:56 AM PST 12/18/2018 by Mike Barnes

Penny Marshall, the nasally, good-natured Bronx native who starred on the ABC ratings sensation Laverne & Shirley before shattering records as a top-grossing female director in Hollywood, has died. She was 75.

The younger sister of the late writer-director-producer Garry Marshall and the first wife of actor-director Rob Reiner, Marshall died in her Hollywood Hills home on Monday night from complications from diabetes, her publicist Michelle Bega told The Hollywood Reporter. She was diagnosed with brain and lung cancer in 2009.

Marshall earned fame — but, incredibly not even one Emmy nomination — for playing the wisecracking Laverne DeFazio on the Happy Days spinoff created by her brother. Laverne & Shirley, which aired for eight seasons from 1976 to '83, centered on the escapades of two romantically challenged Milwaukee brewery workers, with Cindy Williams co-starring as Marshall’s idealistic roommate, Shirley Feeney.

She had directed a handful of episodes of the sitcom before she was approached to step in as a last-minute replacement for Howard Zieff to helm the feature comedy Jumpin’ Jack Flash (1986), starring Whoopi Goldberg.

She hit comedic pay dirt with her next film, Big (1988), the Tom Hanks starrer about a boy who wakes up in the body of an adult. Co-produced by James L. Brooks, who brought the script to her, it was the first film directed by a woman to gross more than $100 million (about $198 million in today’s dollars) domestically.

Another Marshall comedy, A League of Their Own (1992) — a fictional account about the real-life All-American Girls Professional Baseball League organized during World War II that also starred Hanks (as well as Geena Davis, Rosie O’Donnell and Madonna) — broke through the $100 million barrier as well.

In between those films, the director dramatically changed course with the based-on-a-true-story Awakenings (1990), starring Robert De Niro as a middle-aged man who has been catatonic for 30 years and Robin Williams as a painfully shy doctor determined to “awaken” him. For Awakenings, Marshall became the second woman ever to helm a best picture Oscar nominee. She also is only one of seven to achieve that without landing a director nom as well.

“I had friends who said, ‘Why do you want to be in a hospital for four months?’ I said, ‘I was depressed in a toy store, what difference does it make?’ ” she told the Los Angeles Times in 1990. “I’m a depressed person. People said it was so brave to do a drama. I didn’t think it was bravery. I figured I had an excuse: If it didn’t work, I could say, ‘Well, that’s not my strength.’ ”

Carole Penny Marshall, named after actress Carole Lombard, was born Oct. 15, 1943. Her family lived on the Grand Concourse, a major thoroughfare in the Bronx. Her father, Anthony, made industrial films, and her mother, Marjorie, was a dance instructor who taught her youngest kid how to tap.

Marshall often noted that Garry, 10 years older than she, and her sister Ronny, six years her senior, were planned, while she was a mistake. As a teenager, her mother told her, “You were a miscarriage, but you were stubborn and held on.” Her parents did not get along with each other.

(Garry died of complications from a stroke on July 19, 2016. He was 81.)

Following high school, she fled to the University of New Mexico to study psychology, got married in 1961, dropped out and had a daughter, Tracy, her only child (who later was adopted by Reiner). Divorced after two years, Marshall supported herself with an array of jobs, including a stint as a choreographer for the Albuquerque Civic Light Opera Association, before heading to Los Angeles in 1967.

“I didn’t know my brother that well,” she told Tavis Smiley in a 2012 interview. “So I went and said, ‘Let me go meet him.’ He was doing well. He was writing for Dick Van Dyke and Joey Bishop and every show, so why not meet him?

“He’s a great guy. I wouldn’t have a career without him. He told me go have lunch with this person, go take acting classes from this person. I said, ‘Mommy wants me to change my name.’ He said, ‘Why?’ 'Because she doesn’t want me to embarrass the family.' (Laughter.) ‘He said, ‘Don’t listen to her, she’s nuts.’ ”

Supporting herself as a secretary while studying acting, she appeared in commercials. Her first was a Head & Shoulders spot opposite the gorgeous, blond and then-unknown Farrah Fawcett; Marshall played her plain roommate.

After appearing on such shows as That Girl and Love, American Style, she and Reiner — mere months before they were to marry — auditioned for a new CBS sitcom. But while Reiner was cast as Michael Stivic, it was Sally Struthers who ended up playing his wife, Gloria, on All in the Family.

Marshall, though, soon joined her brother’s ABC comedy The Odd Couple as Oscar Madison’s flighty secretary, Myrna Turner. It was Jack Klugman, who played Oscar the sloppy sportswriter, who insisted she get the job.

Guest stints on such series as The Bob Newhart Show and The Mary Tyler Moore Show and a regular role on the short-lived sitcom Paul Sand in Friends and Lovers (created by Brooks and Allan Burns) followed.

In 1975, she and Williams — who had met on a double date years earlier during a Liza Minnelli performance at L.A.’s Ambassador Hotel — were working on a satire for Francis Ford Coppola’s Zoetrope magazine when Garry Marshall hired them for an episode of Happy Days.

Portraying “fast girls” recruited by Fonzie (Henry Winkler) for a double date with Richie Cunningham (Ron Howard), the two displayed an immediate comic rapport. So when ABC entertainment chief Fred Silverman asked the Happy Days creator if he had any ideas for a new show, he mentioned one starring his sister and Williams as Milwaukee’s best.

“Fred Silverman was in his spinoff days,” Marshall said in a 2000 interview with the Archive of American Television. “[I pitched the show as] two girls from the other side of the tracks. There are no shows about blue-collar girls on the air. He said, ‘It’s on! What’s its name?’ 'I said, Laverne & Shirley.' ‘Good, I love it!’ ”

“People were dying for someone that didn’t look like Mary Tyler Moore, a regular person,” Marshall added. “My sister looks like a regular person, talks like a regular person.”

The series, from Paramount Television, started out with the ladies living in a basement apartment and working as bottle cappers for the Schotz brewery in the 1950s. Marshall quaffed milk mixed with Pepsi and sported sweaters with a large, loopy "L" on them, and she and Williams performed physical shenanigans not seen since the days of I Love Lucy.

Laverne & Shirley debuted No. 1 in the ratings on Jan. 26, 1976, and in its post-Happy Days spot at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, went on to become the highest-rated series for the 1977-78 and 1978-79 seasons. (Reiner’s All in the Family was No. 2.)

“We [once] had a 60 share. That doesn’t happen except for the Academy Awards or things like that, like the Super Bowl,” she told The Huffington Post in May 2013. “We beat out Jesus once, I remember that. It was Easter.”

In mid-1979, Laverne & Shirley was sold into syndication for a record price, estimated to be $50,000 an episode.

In 1982, Williams sued Paramount for $20 million in a dispute over wanting to get paid while missing episodes because she was pregnant. After a settlement, she was written out of the series, and Laverne & Shirley wrapped after 178 episodes in May 1983 with only one Emmy nom ever — for costume design.

In 1978, Marshall starred opposite Reiner in the ABC telefilm More Than Friends, co-written by Reiner and based on the early days of their courtship. (Earlier, Reiner had played her fiance, named Sheldn (they forgot the “o” on his birth certificate, as the gag went), on The Odd Couple.

She and Reiner split up in 1979; afterward, she had a long romance with singer Art Garfunkel.

Marshall also had a minor role in the 1979 comedy 1941, directed by Steven Spielberg, and she did a cameo as a director in the 1995 movie adaptation of Elmore Leonard’s Hollywood satire Get Shorty!

After A League of Their Own, Marshall directed Renaissance Man (1994), toplined by Danny DeVito and featuring Mark Wahlberg in his feature debut; The Preacher’s Wife (1996), with Denzel Washington and Whitney Houston in what she once called “the first black Christmas movie”; and the Drew Barrymore starrer Riding in Cars With Boys (2001).

More recently, she directed a couple of episodes of Showtime’s United States of Tara and appeared on IFC’s Portlandia (series star Fred Armisen hilariously impersonated her to promote her sassy 2012 memoir, My Mother Was Nuts) and the Fox sitcom Mulaney.

Marshall was one of Hollywood’s most fervent Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers fans. She regularly was seen courtside at the Forum, the Sports Arena and then Staples Center, with her trademark tinted glasses perched precariously on her nose.

Her daughter played left fielder Betty Spaghetti in A League of Their Own.

Duane Byrge contributed to this report.

Code:

Last edited by Frothy Afterbirth : 12-18-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:00 PM

‘Mean’ Gene Okerlund, Legendary WWE Interviewer, Dies at 76
Tony Maglio and Tim Baysinger
The Wrap January 2, 2019

Legendary WWE and WCW interviewer “Mean” Gene Okerlund has died, WWE announced Wednesday. He was 76.

Okerlund first joined WWE back in 1984 — the Hulk Hogan days. Watch one of their most famous collaborations via the video above. Consider all the Donald Trump talk in it a bonus.

“WWE is saddened to learn that WWE Hall of Famer Gene Okerlund, the most recognizable interviewer in sports-entertainment history, has passed away,” the pro-wrestling promotion said in a statement. “WWE extends its condolences to Okerlund’s family, friends and fans.”

Okerlund got his start with the American Wrestling Association, where he interviewed the likes of Jesse “The Body” Ventura (who gave him his “Mean Gene” moniker), Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and Hogan. Okerlund became a staple on national cable TV after he made the move to the WWE, where he had notable interviews with “Macho Man” Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior, among many others.

He sung the National Anthem during the first-ever Wrestlemania in 1985.

Okerlund later moved to doing ringside commentary and hosting shows including “All-American Wrestling,” “Tuesday Night Titans,” “Wrestling Challenge” and “Prime Time Wrestling.” He moved over to World Championship Wrestling in 1993 where he again served as lead interviewer, until he returned to WWE after it was bought WCW in 2001.

Shortly after the news of Okerlund’s passing, many in the WWE world including Hogan and fellow WWE broadcaster Jim Ross, offered their condolences and remembrances.

Code:

Last edited by Frothy Afterbirth : 01-03-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:14 PM

Bob Einstein dies at 76. Comedian was best known as Super Dave Osborne and Marty Funkhouser on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm
Nardine Saad Contact Reporter

Emmy Award-winning writer Bob Einstein, who was best known as cocky stuntman Super Dave Osborne and Larry David’s newly devout friend, Marty Funkhouser, on HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” has died. He was 76.

Einstein died at home in Indian Wells, Calif., on Wednesday, shortly after being diagnosed with cancer, spokesman Michael Hansen confirmed to The Times.

The Einstein family did not specify the type of cancer the actor was diagnosed with, but asked that donations be made to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Hansen said.

The raspy-voiced star was born Stewart Robert Einstein in Los Angeles on Nov. 20, 1942. His father was radio comedian Harry Einstein, who was also known as “Parkyakarkus,” and his mother was actress Thelma Leeds. The actor’s older brother is retired advertising executive Cliff Einstein, and his younger brother is comedian, writer and director Albert Brooks.

“R.I.P. My dear brother Bob Einstein. A great brother, father and husband. A brilliantly funny man. You will be missed forever,” Brooks tweeted on Wednesday.

The comedy veteran got his start in television writing in the 1970s for variety shows such as the “The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour,” where he played Officer Judy, who memorably gave Liberace a speeding ticket for playing the piano too fast in a 1969 episode.

“Tom Smothers made our life by giving us that,” Einstein said in a statement released by the family.

The quick-witted, physical comedian also wrote and appeared on “The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour” and NBC’s “Van Dyke and Company,” the latter of which debuted the goofy daredevil Super Dave Osborne, whose white-and-blue jumpsuit Einstein repeatedly donned in comedy specials throughout the years.

Super Dave’s feats always went wrong, with the stuntman usually ending up crushed, mangled or flattened. The character was popularized on Showtime and late-night talk shows, and one iconic sketch included a reluctant Super Dave falling off of Toronto’s CN Tower.

“The whole character of Super Dave is a takeoff on people who pontificate,” Einstein told The Times in 1995. “So one thing I never want to do is pontificate why this works, why this is funny. I have no idea what the appeal is. All we are trying to do is make people have a good time and laugh.”

He won his two Primetime Emmy Awards in 1969 and 1977 for his work on “The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour” and “Van Dyke and Company.”

Einstein most recently appeared in 22 episodes of HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” playing Larry David’s devout neighbor Marty Funkhouser from 2004 to 2017, notably appearing in the show’s “Seinfeld” reunion episode in which he recites an off-color joke to the show’s star Jerry Seinfeld. Because of his illness, Einstein was unable to complete episodes in the show’s upcoming 10th season, which airs this year.

“Never have I seen an actor enjoy a role the way Bob did playing ‘Marty Funkhouser’ on ‘Curb,’” David said in a statement to The Times. “It was an amazing, unforgettable experience knowing and working with him. There was no one like him, as he told us again and again. We’re all in a state of shock.”

“Curb” costar Cheryl Hines and writer and producer David Mandel shared their condolences on social media, along with a slew of other celebrities.

“We lost a friend today. thanks for all of the laughs on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Our love to Bob’s family,” Hines wrote. “The comedy world will miss you.”

“Very sad,” Mandel tweeted. “Got to work with him on #Curb Had heard he was sick. Will never forget him telling @jerryseinfeld the dirty joke about the newlyweds.”

Einstein is survived by his wife, Roberta Einstein; his daughter Erin Einstein Dale; son-in-law Andrew Dale; and his grandchildren Ethan and Zoe. He is also survived by his brothers.

Code: