forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 12-01-2008, 04:26 AM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 62,655
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough
Default Song Search Driving Me Batty

Okay there is a Christmas movie that I have watched a few times (but I can't remember which one). And in it there is a POWERFUL version of O Holy Night (yes the English version not French). I have been looking for it and have found several versions but not the one I remember. I found an old Mario Lanza and it is kinda close but not quite.

Definitely not Crawford or Phelps, Tevin Campbell, nor Bocelli, the Three Tenors, Il Divo, Lou Christie, Harry Connick, Johnny Maestro, Peter Nero, Josh Groban nor the one on the the Home Alone soundtrack!

It also is kinda driving me crazy because I can't remember 100% if it is a soloist or with a choir.

So ladies gents, please list any great powerful versions you remember. The part: fall on your knees and hear the angel's voices.... is so good in the version I'm looking for you it brings tears to your eyes. That's how you'll know it's the right one.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,492
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Hey Scampr -
Any chance it's Nat King Cole?
I grew up listening to his version.

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.

peace

Old 12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 13,707
danieldamone is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

shit man. i went through this same thing last year. i know what your talking about. All i can do is recomend to sumplimental versions. As much as I hate the bitch, Celine Dion does it pretty well. Lucianno Pavoratti from his 1980 christmas special is pretty great too.
Navin: I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the end of this coronet, right through here, through these valves, right along this tube, and right up against your lips and give you a kiss.
Marie: Why didn't you?
Navin: I didn't want to get spit on me.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 PM

scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough

Code:

I know I hate to admit it to but Celine did a pretty good job. I think I actually like Mariah Carey's version a tiny bit better (lord help me) I have Pavarotti with A Philharmonic recorded in the 70s I think. The Album is called O Holy Night. He alternates between English and French (I believe - other wise his accent takes over too much) Hard to tell when it's Opera
Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 PM

Code:

That is a beautiful version of SILENT NIGHT.

I'm actually looking for O Holy Night (the original French version is called Cantique Noel).

Power vocalist I believe backed by an orchestra but there's a slight chance it's with a choir too. I'm 75% sure it's a male vocalist.

Last edited by scampr : 12-01-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,492
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

My bad- wrong link:

Code:

Here's another sweet version my Johnny Mathis:
Code:

probably not him either though, as i don't consider him as powerful as many, but tenderjams yet.

Bing did it in the movie 29th St.
Code:

Outside of that and Pavarotti, I got nothin'

good luck

Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 13,707
danieldamone is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Add Billy Gilman to the list of children I hate because they're better at things that me. That Mormon Twink Disney Whore Son of a Bitch does a pretty great version of O Holy Night for someone his age. He doesn't go for the high 'F' at the end though, so he may be better than me at stuff, but I don't respect him.
Navin: I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up and float right down the end of this coronet, right through here, through these valves, right along this tube, and right up against your lips and give you a kiss.
Marie: Why didn't you?
Navin: I didn't want to get spit on me.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 12,237
GeminiEye is being mentioned in polite conversation

Do you remember any of the actors from the movie. Think of who was in it, type them into imdb and look for what christmas movie they were in. That might get you somewhat closer to finding it if you have'nt already done that.