forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs?

Credits: 644,912
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle
maxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handlemaxbailey has more rep than you could handle

The best one for me was the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert at Wembley Stadium, Easter Monday, April 20, 1992.

I was 17 and completely overawed.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

KISS at Market Square Arena
Old 07-23-2008, 10:56 AM
the iPod pirate... Argggh! .. WAIT, don't get me wet!

Credits: 67,537
rdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to behold

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I have to beg to differ on that show. I'd seen all three bands before that night and they had put on great shows. I've also seen FNM & Metallica since then and they were great. That night, however, only Metallica was worth a shit and they were playing injured (this was after James had gotten burnt onstage and couldn't play guitar so they had a sub).

Faith No More was boring (!) and the keyboard player, whose name escapes me at the moment, spent most of the set lying down on the stage instead of playing. The whole thing felt phoned in an FNM's part.

GNR managed to lose me as a fan that night. First, they managed to make us wait 2 hours after Metallica before Axl would hit the stage. Then Axl got pissed that people were sitting down instead of jumping up and down jizzing about how great he was so he sat on the edge of the stage and bitched at the audience. He said if we didn't want to be there he would refund our tickets and we could leave. I guess he didn't see me waving my ticket stub in the air. What a fucking bitch. He made a few other comments about it throughout the show and at one point said he wouldn't play as long because the audience was so lax. Perhaps, Axl, everyone was tired because your prima donna ass couldn't be bothered to get onstage in a timely manner. After that, GNR was done for me.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 18,782
Geaux Saints is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I agree with you. I didn't mean to imply that FNM was great (they weren't). The only time the crowd came to their feet during their set was when they played Epic.

Metallica was unbelievably AWESOME. They have been every time I've seen them. James had the injured hand with us as well, but I agree, the "backup" guitarist did a great job.

I seemed to remember GnR's set was pretty good. Nothing really sticks out too bad. I just remember the overall show was incredibly LONG because they had to change the stage for each band. Overall, though, I think the show was great and worth the price of admission (mainly because of Metallica).

"You rise, you fall, you're down, then you rise again...what don't kill ya, make ya more strong" - Broken, Beat & Scarred -Metallica
Old 07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,579
brain is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Chili Peppers in New Orleans in 03 was probably my favorite concert. It was the first time I had seen them and they were better than I could have thought. Snoop Dogg actually opened for them so that was pretty cool too.

Saw Page and Plant of Zep in 99. I think just the fact sitting in the same room and of who they were and what they had created blew me away more than anything.

Aerosmith in 97. What I think of as there last great yr. They were in full form.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:55 PM
The user formerly known as stupid*people*should*die

Credits: 3,236
buddha00man is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

either nirvana the in utero tour or kiss w/ alice in chains in vegas
Old 07-24-2008, 10:01 PM

Credits: 14,368
IndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really niceIndieEmoPunk is just really nice

I was 10 years old, I went to the United Center with my entire family. It was my first concert ever, and it was The Eagles, for their Hell Freezes Over tour. . . . that was also the first time I ever got baked. Two dudes sitting in front of me were puffing away on joints all night and it was blowing in my face. I went home being able to taste only pot in my mouth, and had the worst cotton mouth.

Visit my music blog: http://www.startofthenewrevolution.blogspot.com

StartoftheNewRevolutionRadio

Old 07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,925
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

I've only been to three...

Ozzfest 2002 - Tropicana Field, St. Petersberg
AC/DC - Lightning Dome, Tampa
Metallica - Tropicana Field, St. Petersberg

AC/DC was by far the best show I've ever seen, and will likely always see

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 AM

Credits: 2,260
doubledip is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've only been to a few...

I really enjoyed Albert Hammond Jr at the Marquis, it's a little bar like venue with a pizza parlor, but only about 150 people max just great being that close and personal with the band...the interaction is awesome..

Red Rocks in Colorado. Been here multiple times, best show was definitely 311/Matisyahu show though...I also enjoyed 311/Snoop there as well...In august I'm going to Pepper/Slightly Stoopid there as well...it's always one hell of a fucking beautiful outdoor ampitheatre, if you don't know about it...go fuckin' google it...it's a beautiful time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_dile View Post
He is absolutely adorable.... I agree with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. cellany View Post
I'll third that- way adorable. I told him months ago he's totally my type.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,925
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

God I'm retarded, I posted in this twice

My Movie Review Thread | Website