forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 06-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,518
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award
Default Where Were You?

Where were you when some historical shit went down?

Red Dwarf was posting some Howard Stern Show in the PB, and it brought back alot of memories from when I was a regular listener.
What's weird is that the first thing I thought about was that 9/11 show.

I was listening on the way to work on 9/11/01, and that's how I learned about the attacks.
http://www.drunkenstepfather.com/for...0&postcount=46

The other 'big events' in my world that come to mind:

1989 Loma Prieta/World Series Earthquake - just got home from work and flopped on the waterbed (!) when shit started shakin'.

1991 Gulf War Aerial Bombings - My college roomates and I didn't leave the house for like three days watching CNN & eating delivered pizza.

1992 LA Riots (Rodney King) - still in college, watched at a bar for a straight 24 hours the shit go down.

1994 OJ Low Speed Chase - at my wife's first OB appointment for her pregnancy with my first daughter; the doctor and I watched it for a while on the waiting room TV.

1996 At the last Bradley Nowell Sublime show @ the Phoenix Theater in Petaluma - up all night, and was in a shady bar in SF the next day when a dude walked in and said he heard, so we headed to the Dakota, where some mourning/drowning commenced.

(then again, maybe I'm just an old sentimental fuck)

Last edited by Fever : 06-26-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Is your refrigerator running? Bcuz if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually

Credits: 2,503,784
TR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
TR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post WarriorTR is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

1989, watching the game and watched the shake on the tv.

1991, working 2nd shift in a factory after high school. Heard it on the radio....

1992, drunk off my ass in college....we made a drinking game out of watching the riots.....good times.

1994, drunk and high in college, again, drinking game out of the chase

1996, drunk after college

9/11, just woke up in Seattle right after the first plane hit.....had to roll out emergency plan at work....we are considered a soft target.

Oh yeah, posty you are old!
R.I.P. JMA

Last edited by TR : 06-26-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,518
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
haha.. my fuzzy math says you're not far behind - and there's a few of us wisers around here

Old 06-26-2010, 03:05 AM

Credits: 79,175,073
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

911 Visiting my gf in AL. (I live about 8 miles from the WTC) Turned on the news to see what was up in NY and the 1st building was burning. A minute later watched the second plane hit thinking to myself, holy shit that plane is going to hit too. Immediately called my daughters evil mother to tell her to get my daughter out of school and home right away. She went to school in Astoria Queens which is right across the river from Manhattan. The kid watched the smoke from her classroom window. The idiot ex was like, why whats wrong? I'm like turn on the TV you idiot. Anyway she got the kid home right away after that. Spent the day glued to the TV. Had to fly out of Atlanta to New York the day the airports opened. It was tense to say the least. Security checked every inch of me. Once we were all boarded, the pilot walked out into the passenger area and told us, if anyone on this plane tries to attack anyone on the plane, and I quote "it's up to every man, woman, and child on this plane to defend this cockpit". It was eerie as hell. Then as we were approaching NY the pilot comes on the intercom and told us not to worry that he had to fly over Manhattan and we would be flying right over the WTC site. Flying over the wreckage was surreal. It was night but they had all these spotlights on the area. I jumped out of my seat to look. It was on the other side of the plane. The plane was empty. The area was nothing but rubble, but I could see those twisted parts of the building everywhere, and there was this huge plume of smoke rising from the still smoldering wreckage. I saw it on TV the past couple of days but it looked crazy from right above it. I can still see it like it was yesterday. It was freaky as shit.
As I sat in the taxi on the way home I crossed the Triboro bridge and I could see the smoke rising again. My driver was Pakistani and he was ranting about how pissed off he was. He was driving his cab downtown when the buildings fell and he was watching outside his cab when a piece of one of the buildings fell and broke 2 of his toes.
I live in the flight path of Laguardia airport where one of the planes took off. They fly low over my house all the time. Sometimes they fly really low and it shakes my house, I always wonder if it might be going down close to my house. It makes you think how people must feel who grow up in places that are getting bombed all the time. It's a weird feeling knowing a bomb may be landing in your backyard.

1989 Loma Prieta/World Series Earthquake: Watching at my gf apartment at the time.

1991 Gulf War Aerial Bombings: Went on for days. Watched on the TV at home.

1992 LA Riots (Rodney King): Watching at my buddies house in the Bronx smokin ganga.

1994 OJ Low Speed Chase: Working the door at a bar in the lower east side of NYC. Watched on the TV over the bar while checking IDs. It was a slow night so I watched the whole thing. It was my one year wedding anniversary and I was already separated. Probably went to an after hours bar after we closed, and did a bunch of blow and drank a gallon of bourbon.

1996 At the last Bradley Nowell Sublime show Who?
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Would you like some making fuck, berzerker!

Credits: 2,716
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!MrGoutHimself ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

I kind of get the feeling that Posty thought we'd come up with historical events of our own, but to keep with the tradition the rest of you laid down:

1984 Challenger explosion - we were living in spain and Dad and Mom came home to watch the launch on TV. My sister and I came home for lunch anyhow because we lived on base and within a half-mile of the school. We watched on TV, and the stunned silence in the house after the blast was immeasurable

1986 Air Strike on Libya - Still living on base in Spain, and the libyans were causing all kinds of chaos near NATO bases so I was glad to hear that Reagan had the Navy fighters strafe his fucking tent city.

1989 Loma Prieta/World Series Earthquake -I was watching the game on TV when the shaking started. The announcers didn't know what to make of it at first, it was odd to watch news actually happen live on TV.

1991 Gulf War Aerial Bombings - I was in high school and I'd lying if I didn't say I was thinking about all the brave soldiers, sailors, and marines that lied about their age to go to war in earlier times (all the way to Viet Nam) and wished I could have done the same.

1994 OJ Low Speed Chase - I was sitting at home waiting to go to Boot Camp. There is more to do with OJ, but I'll get to that in a minute.

1995 OJ Verdict - We were just back from Bosnia, a group of my fellow marines and I watched it in a squad bay on Camp Geiger at the SOI near Lejeune. It was, as most groups were, a mixture of light green marines, dark green marines, and spicy marines. We were all stunned. One of the spicy marines claimed that he knew a cocaine cartel murdered Nicole because OJ refused to pay her blow bill.
Breach my ringmeat weirdos.
Always THAT asshole
Old 06-27-2010, 01:57 AM
DON'T even think about reading this book. It is full of lies! LIES I SAY!

Credits: 36,424,767
TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.
TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.TheJuice puts his rep in his pipe and smokes it.

9/11 Woke up to the sound of my mom leaving a message on the answering machine to the tune of 'turn on the tv, shit's going down'. My roommate at the time already had it on, and I watched the second plane hit. My roommate worked for Morgan Stanley at the time, whose head office was in one of the buildings, and he was set to go to NY for training the following week. Def changed his plans around. Anyway, when I got to work later, the manager comes over the loudspeaker and asked for a moment of silence for the victims.

Challenger Didn't remember this one until SRD mentioned it. I was in 3rd grade at the time, and I remember coming in from recess and seeing a tv set up in the classroom. The teacher was talking to the principal, and later they told us we wouldn't be watching that teacher's 'class in space' like was planned.

1989 Loma Prieta My buddies and I rode our bikes downtown to go to the local baseball card shop before the game started. It was in this ancient train station that had been converted into stores and such. I was sitting on a bench sorting through my plunder, when the whole freakin place started to shake. The thing I remember most is the old traincars that were there swaying back and forth on their tracks, and the whole building seemed to jump. wicked cool, but I was 12, and too young to be scared shitless

1991 Gulf War Don't remember much of this time in my life, musta not been paying attention or something...

1994 OJ Low Speed Watched in my parents living room, Uncle Bob was over, and we just went WTF?

1996 Bradley Nowell Probably stoned out of my mind somewhere, but deff not at that show. Too bad, as it would have been pretty epic. I'm super jealous, Posty!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:13 AM
I haz a temp avy that seems to be pretty permanent!

Credits: 83,112
moviephile gets fan letters from Gary Busey
moviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Buseymoviephile gets fan letters from Gary Busey

9/11- was getting cable installed at a new apt, only way I'd be up at 8am

1989 Loma Prieta/World Series Earthquake -was still a youngin' but remember the bridges collapsing, kinda scary

1991 Gulf War Aerial Bombings - remeber watching it in Middle school

1992 LA Riots (Rodney King) - seemed odd, wasnt very focused on it

1994 OJ Low Speed Chase - Friend of Mine was having her 16th bday party, very planned out butwe were all making bets if OJ would kill Himself

Old 06-27-2010, 05:42 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,824
shadowrogue335 will become famous soon enoughshadowrogue335 will become famous soon enoughshadowrogue335 will become famous soon enough

Looks like I'm probably the youngest poster here so far, the only one of the events I remember mentioned so far is 9/11.
I was in Algebra class in my senior year of High School when the principal came in and told my teacher to turn on the t.v.
We all watched the news cast of the planes hitting the buildings, when I first saw it I couldn't believe it was real, I thought it had to be some kind of movie special effects thing. Then when the second tower went down it sunk in hard. I'll never forget that day.