forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 07-05-2008, 07:42 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 8,593
trondi is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default What's the best big arena concert you have ever been to?

I Would say the best concert that I have ever been to is a 3 way tie.
1. Tool 1994 at the Santa Cruz civic center.
2. U2 Pop Mart tour 1997 at the Metrodome in Minneapolis.
3. Tool Lateralus 2001 excel energy center St. Paul MN.
all 3 of those shows were amazing, and near spiritual experiences for me.

No drugs either.

First time I saw Tool I really didn't like the all that much. I liked the song sober, but that is it. I remember walking through the door, and being impressed with the quality of the sound, and that they weren't rushing the songs.
They played No Quater and I was completely sold. I have been a big fan of Tool ever since.

The Pop mart tour for U2 was the first time I got to see them so that was cool.
I was a little worried when I got to my seat, which was a killer floor seat, because the first band was on and it sounded like supreme shit. it was really echoing really bad. It was in the Metrodome and that place is a big echo chamber. U2 came on and it sounded great, I think the spent over a million on the sound so that was impressive and the show was off the hook. The band was spot on, and it was really uplifting. Really spectacular show.

First leg of Tools Lateralus tour was great. I bought the Lateralus record, but found it hard to get into. I felt it was a little self indulgent, and over long. Live it was amazing. It's like you need get the translation of what the album is about by seeing Tool play it live first. After that show The Laterauls album was one of my favorites.

What about you?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:47 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 103,011
TylerB is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

By The Way tour 2003
Air Canada Center in Toronto
The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

It was awesome.

I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me Superman.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah mate, I'm down under....and she loves it!

Credits: 206,482
MickC Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

I think mine would have to be either Metallica at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, or AC/DC at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.

The Metallica one had shitloads of pyro, (especially when the played "One"!!)
Old 07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
the iPod pirate... Argggh! .. WAIT, don't get me wet!

Credits: 67,530
rdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to behold

Queen in 1980 (when they had the #1 single & album in the world)

Hands down that's the tops. I've seen McCartney, Rush, Pink Floyd, Van Halen (and Van Hagar), Alice Cooper, Kiss... too many to name.

But in 1980, Queen had the #1 single in the world, the #1 album in the world, and the #1 tour. They were at the height of their powers and they blew my 15 year old mind. In all the years since, I swear I've never been to a louder show but the sound was so clean. It was my second concert ever and my first that wasn't a big festival. I nearly got trampled on the way in. Yeah, that's the one.

BTW, tickets were $9, t-shirts were $8, and programs were $4.

Well, I'm off to the strip joint for my bud's bachelor party. Viva la tits!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 25,912
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest

I have never seen a "major" band in an arena. Mainly because I do not consider the HOB and arena.

Amphitheater - Metallica @ DeerCreek, closely followed by Aerosmith at the same venue.

At the HOB, Drowning Pool, right before Dave died.

"You last visited: 01-19-2009 at 07:33 AM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylikewhoa View Post
go fuckyourself
Old 07-05-2008, 09:33 PM
So for an extra value woody, put this BigMac into that Quarter-Pound pussy, yes!

Credits: 12,326
BigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSF

The Who in Kansas City on their farewell tour.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:33 PM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,003
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

I've seen lots of bands in open and closed arenas. From Gabriel to Living Color. Rush, Boston, Floyd, Page, Tull, Seal, Styx, tons.

I'd say the best are tied.

1987 Pink Floyd at Ohio State's Buckeye stadium. It was incredible. Wasn't as good when they came back in 1994, but maybe it's because I wasn't as wasted then.

I think it was 1985, Legend Valley (Central Ohio) is really a farm. They've had some really good concerts there though. Got there on Friday night, drank a lot in "outside" the gates. Thousands of people hanging out, passing drinks around and stuff I was never into. Saturday was a few bands, don't think I ever knew who they were. Sunday was three bands, one got booed off the stage. People were throwing mud at them. Someone not very known then came out and said "Dudes, that's was wrong. Sure they suck, but please don't throw mud at us". That was Jon Bon Jovi. They played for about an hour, maybe hour and a half. Then it was Def Leppard. It was insane there.

It was supposed to be about 72 and mostly cloudy. Turned out to be 91 and full blazing sun. 3 fire departments brought their big engines and were spraying the crowd all day long. I heard reports on the radio that week that there were an estimated 130,000 people there on both days. I got so sun burned, even through my shoes. I was too drunk to care though.

Funny and sad story. I went with my best friend and other friends. He was a skinny dude, had a congenital heart defect but didn't let that stop him from having a good life. We had a few 110 cameras to take photos of all the hot chicks. Got so many I couldn't remember them all. Years later, him and I were going through old photos and I found one that caught my eye. I was quite stunned. Hot chick, big boobs, very wet white totally see through one-piece suit. Big rocker chick hair that was popular in the 80's. I said "hey do you remember much about that weekend at Legend Valley?" He said, "Not really, I was pretty wasted and stoned". His wife said "Legend Valley? You guys were there?". I said "Yep, were you?" She said "Oh god yea, it was freaking awesome, I got so drunk I ran around in a white suit and guys kept throwing water on me. I didn't know why until a friend said they could see everything through the suit!".

You should have seen the look on her eyes when I turned the photo around. Totally priceless. Not to mention weird that none of us realized we were all there years before they started dating.

Sad part is my friend passed a few years later and his wife moved away and took both the kids with her. I used to see them a few times a week and haven't once for over 12 years.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:12 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 522
TheDrunkElf is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

hmmm...

Texxas Jam 1986 Van Ha(gar)len, Loverboy, Dio, Krokus, Keel and BTO.. about 115,000 ppl there..

went back for 2nds for Texxas Jam 1987 with Boston, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, Tesla and Fahrenheit think they said 125,000 ppl there, with average temps on the Cotton Bowl floor of 130 degrees. (never said we were smart...)

those were the biggest venues...

'course, I'm older now.. and DVD's on the big screen with surround sound beat getting puked on anytime..
Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 PM

Credits: 1,636
usajag is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

1990. Billy Idol. Wembley Arena.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:34 AM

Credits: 2,085
victor6er will become famous soon enoughvictor6er will become famous soon enoughvictor6er will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Holy shit.. I was at that concert too... Wait a minute. Loverboy was there? Really? Don't even remember that. Got there right after BTO. I remember Dio, Krokus, Definitely remember VH.