forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 03-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,433
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Here's a pretty good article about it:
Code:

I respect both theses guys for what they've accomplished, but I think it shows they know they cannot be competitive in class. Zuffa denied the extra classes before, and I hope they stick to it. Too many titles. I think 15-20 lb distinctions are good enough and stops guys from just jumping around for belts and forces real rankings.
Boxing is full of guys getting title shots but jumping, and that to me isn't proving you can run a division.
Catches are fine for one-offs. Don't create classes for just a few fighters.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:21 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,075
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:

nope, not gonna happen. dana holds a personal vendetta against portland. you'll end up with a chris leben-jason day main event. enjoy

Code:

were they ever
Old 03-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

Code:

Seriously man WTF? you got anything to add? or is just phuckery your thing?
Chael on a mat is serious shit. And Herman, headcase though the TUF groupies may think, is business (once again his victory over Scott Smith wasn't a fluke) - add something.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 AM

Code:

i think our definition of 'cream of the crop' is a bit different...

and i've added plenty. ask all the guys who have been here awhile who brought a shit load of pride and ufc events to this thread. i also brought what i believe to be a pretty decent insight on plenty of fights in the past(others might disagree, but fuck 'em). i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else in here. if me saying ed herman was never a cream of the crop fighter gets you this upset then this might not be the place for you. i'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms over at sherdog though. or you can tell me to fuck off and keep pumping out your team quest propaganda, it's your call but i can promise you i wont lose too much help over the issue.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,991
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Code:

I'm not going to pile on but Team Quest and it's guys aren't at top tier MMA fighters. One of the reasons is they focus on wrestling and don't do BJJ. Lindland himself has said he has never trained BJJ once in his life. It's their style, but it leaves holes in your game that others can exploit.

Having said that, there are a ton of guys at Quest who are fucking animals when compared to regular guys who compete, but there's a difference between very good and amazing.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:04 PM

ufc fight night 18-who ya got?

Main Card Bouts:
-Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
-Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero
-Tyson Griffin vs. Rafael dos Anjos
-Cole Miller vs. Junie Browning(really ufc, this is a main card fight?)

Preliminary Bouts:
-Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau
-Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich
-Brock Larson vs. Jesse Sanders
-Nick Catone vs. Tim Credeur
-Jorge Rivera vs. Nissen Osterneck
-Rob Kimmons vs. Joe Vedepo
-Aaron Simpson vs. Tim McKenzie
-Steve Steinbeiss vs. Ryan Jensen

all odds and bets from mmapg

$8764 on simpson-osternick-tibau parlay to win $88762
$764 on miller at -125
$3000 on kampman at -125
$3000 on simpson at -105
$1000 on steinbass at +340
$1000 on tibau at -100

Last edited by Soze : 03-31-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 PM

Code:

I see now that I am not used to this e-shit - i.e. people taking things out of context. Read my whole posts. I'm not fucking insane, and I know I can speak English.
Cream of the crop referred back to Quest as a gym.
And the bigger picture was that I had seen Maia walk through them all. Nice cherry pick though.
As for 'pumping my Quest propaganda', I thought I was real clear when I said in my earlier post I am not a huge fan of Quest anymore. But you gotta say that just three years ago they held light, middle, welter, light heavy, and heavy belts in a mix of Pride & UFC - with contenders in all classes.
So true, the game may have passed them by a bit (as Randal said), but why the hate?
I'm gonna write it off to my inexperience with dealing in e-speak, and that I come from a different perspective - from a more gut, mat level, and from my personal experiences.
I'm not about to defend the Herman's of the world, but I have been there for a lot of historic fighting and respect that along with riding the current wave of new. Hell, I even admitted I have no BJJ myself, again, I come from what is closer to old Quest - wrestling and striking.
But, bottom line is - read the whole fucking posts and come with the real; I never think anyone's on exactly the same wavelength, just trying to add, and maybe spur on some discussion (which I guess got us here, so fuck it)

Old 03-31-2009, 11:02 PM

Code:

all this because i said chael sonnen and ed herman were not cream of the crop...

and team quest never had a lw belt(gomi, penn, sherk and pulver were the only ones to hold it) and evan tanner left quest before winning the mw title so scratch that off the list too(unless you were taking about hendo winning the pride mw belt but that would be weak as fuck since you also listed light heavy). boom baby, cherry pickin like a muh fucka!!

and just to be clear i never once talked shit about team quest but i'm sorry if you interpreted it that way.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:50 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,507
Newports is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Most of my picks are the same, although I took Marrero and Rivera in their fights, as well as Jensen over Steinbess, but it doesn't sound like that fight is happening due to a "medical approval issue with Jensen" according to Sherdog.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 AM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,991
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I will agree with all, except I'll take Stephens and Condit. Condit by fucking destruction too, not even close.