forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 04-12-2008, 01:35 AM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 30,764
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
It does suck racking up an extra fifty a month, but my cable bill just auto pays so I don't ever really notice the hit. I find it a little easier for my peace of mind to do it that way than cutting a check for 200 bucks.

I actually started going to my gym b/c of a friend who goes there. They have classes for everything so I do MMA and BJJ at the same place. I think alot of finding a good place is to just look around. You can probably just do a Google search for MMA and the city you live in. Depending on the size of your city it should have at least a few locations available. My advice is to get a friend and just go check them out. Just about every gym will let you take a class for free to see if you like it. I'm personally a fan of the smaller, less fancy gyms because they seem a little more laid back and attract the people who are there to learn instead of to be seen. But like I said, just try as many as you can and see if you like any. Plus, if you take classes at 10 different places you'll get several free classes to decide if you even want to keep doing it.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:01 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 103,015
TylerB is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I need to teach you guys the art of Free To Air satellite.

I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me Superman.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,675
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

What is Free to Air satellite?
Old 04-12-2008, 01:05 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 103,015
TylerB is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I'll start a thread about it.

I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me Superman.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:14 PM

effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

I appreciate that new thread---that's a pretty interesting concept, but I think I'm usually to drunk/lazy to get into shit like that. I'd probably end up lighting myself on fire. We should almost have an Admin merge the topics though, what, with all the Jeff Monson references over there in the Free to Air satellite. Snowman is awesome. I'm always a fan of anarchist pro-fighters.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:06 PM

To those who are interested in MMA, here are a few of my favorite sites to checkout.

http://www.mmapayout.com/
http://www.mmafrenzy.com/

Payout is pretty different. It looks at MMA from more of a business angle than other sites that just report fights. Frenzy is definitely more of a standard, fighting reporter site in the line of Sherdog, but to me, it's a lot easier on the eyes. Anybody else have any good sites they check out for MMA?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:53 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

I spend alot of time on these sites:

www.mmajunkie.com
www.mmammania.com
http://www.mmascraps.com/ - this is a great site to see fights if you miss them on TV or PPV
Old 04-14-2008, 08:42 PM

I just got home from the gym, and I had a fucking blast. I strongly reccomend starting to train MMA if you really like to watch it. I think it makes it 10 times better once you start to understand just how technical it, plus for me the training is so much fun. Looking forward to going to the gym helps me get through the day at work.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Yeah, I've put some serious time with it, even going as far as to find a few different gyms back in December but ended up having to put it off because I tore my ACL and had the replacement surgery. So I'm finishingn up the rehab and I'm hoping by late summer to be at a place where I can get to learning how to roll. I mentioned earlier that I'm a short, stocky guy so if I can drop the weight I've put on with the torn ACL, I could be a sturdy little wrestler. Maybe some lay-and-pray is in my future, haha.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:10 PM

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I'm bigger and stronger than most of the guys I roll with so that's my style right now. Those damn triangles I keep getting stuck in are bitch when I'm going up against when I'm up against long legged skinny guys.

I'd actually like to have a real fight in about year. I haven't decided what weight class is best for me though. I figure if I can get to 185 I can cut down to 170 to weigh in. I might be better suited for 155 though since I'm only 5'10. I don't know if I can actually get to 155 lbs though.