forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:00 PM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Lightbulb Firefox Tip

If you use firefox you can speed it up...

I didn't believe this so I tried it. I don't know about 10x but it is faster.

-Pen

Surf 10x Times Faster With Firefox Guarnteed

Here's how to speed up youre firefox 10x faster.

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Credits: 319,908,575
The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.
The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.The Godfather - neener, neener, neener has rep coming out the weiner.

Just as you stated. My firefox has shaved some seconds off of its 40 time.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:28 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 103,560
TylerB is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've heard that doing this makes your Cache, Temp Internet Files and Cookies overload if you're not careful.

I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me Superman.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:37 PM

TylerB,

What is the effect of overloading those items? How is one careful not to do so?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:46 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 103,560
TylerB is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Well, most of the speed ups for firefox include modifying the the way it saves file to your computer. It builds a temporary memory of websites, so when you go back, it doesn't have to download all the information again. The default is to keep all the small gifs and small files for about a week, as they don't take up a lot of hard drive space, and will make the page load a bit quicker. What some of these mods to firefox will do, will allow everything on a page to go straight to it's memory and stay there. What that will do is bog up your computers memory, so if your browser is open, your computer will run slower, because it knows that it has these website files tucked away somewhere and its using resources to find these. If you go to your tools menu in firefox, or the disk cleanup option in My Computer, you can manually delete the files.

Messing with the proxies of firefox will speed it up too, but I recommend that if you only use sites you trust. Browsers send info through a proxy first to make sure there aren't any agents in the certificate that will fuck your PC, like a trojan. 9 times out of 10, nothing bad will happen, but I don't mess around with my firefox settings or use any web accelerators, if you've ever had to remove a worm or a trojan, you know it's not worth the chance for the little increase of speed.

I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me Superman.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 AM
kicked the fuck out

Been surfing for about 5 hours straight...np so far
Old 03-24-2008, 07:22 AM

OK for me too.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:54 AM
Download my thanksJester file. Or a good BJ will do nicely...

Credits: 93,115
binary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aura

I have read it can cause an issue on some web servers.

It's called HTTP pipelining. Here's more about it:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.pipelining

For one stop shopping, I just use fasterfox

http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/index.html

Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
kicked the fuck out

Jester, I use faster fox as well and the tweak sped it up more

Still no problems 4 me
Old 03-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Download my thanksJester file. Or a good BJ will do nicely...

Credits: 93,115
binary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aurabinary_jester has a spectacular aura

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Really? I thought fasterfox made that modification. Learn something everyday. You all should also make sure your OS is optimized for faster browsing (ie removing the OS bandwidth reservation, etc.)

Closed Thread