forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 08-25-2008, 02:59 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,924
bbanner is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Same here. I used to be obsessed with Nirvana, I would go to these cd shops in the village, nyc and stock up on Nirvana bootlegs. I remeber when I found an unopened "Hormoaning" single with d-7 on it, I almost shit myself haha. Its actually funny because my friend always regretted not buying it. He was at some store and he saw hormoaning and some tribute album with a dolphin on the cover. He bought the tribute album thinking it was something else and we laughed at him every day after that.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:08 PM
It can be boobie tiem nao pleees?

Credits: 8,614
jcaf41 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Metallica - The black album
Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 61,966
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough

To say I had a sheltered childhood would be to put it mildly. It wasn't until I was 12 that I really had free access to a radio or the ability to buy music. I still had to keep it to myself for fear I'd have to meet with the pastor or something. But my foster brothers were all a bunch of long haired party boys that got in trouble on a daily basis. So I was introduced to Van Halen-Women and Children First, Rush-Hemispheres, Foghat, Pink Floyd, Bachman Turner and The Eagles-The Long Run all at about the same time. It was all great and it was all devil music and since I was surely going to hell anyway my favorite song was of course Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel.
None of those got me "addicted" though.
The three bands that absolutely slayed me as a preteen, caused me to become a DJ and spend half my life's earnings on albums, equipment, concerts...:

and

and

Sabbath, especially, Master of Reality just destroyed me as a former bible thumper. I knew for sure Hell was gonna be a lot more fun. Maiden is still one of my all time favorite metal acts; speed, power, cool stories in their songs and the guy can actually sing. And Triumph was the ultimate party band. If you can't have a good time listening to "Tear The Roof off Tonight" you need to check your pulse.

I dug those three records out of my brother's collection the same weekend and I've never been the same since.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,847
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

good post scampr.......and I can quasi-relate. My parents blocked the evil MTV empire as child....yet they curiously left VH1 and BET available......so I grew up with a fucked up mix of Phil Collins, Dire Straits and Eric B. and Rakim. My parents were also were obsessed with Huey Lewis (and don't forget the News) - not good times. It's probably why I like to listen to Wu Tang Clan whilst driving my minivan today.

I started to spread my wings with a Columbia House subscription.....like 12 cassettes for 1cent or something like that? I used to pour over that catalog each month.....read each little blurb and circle the ones I wanted (and couldn't afford).

My musical virginity was lost to many of the artists you all spoke off (a gangbang, I guess).....Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Nirvana, GNR (I loved the cover art on appetite for destruction), Beastie Boys, etc. I was born in 79 so I was the typical grunge/alternative kid.....Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Alice in Chains.....but I'll highlight two that really resonated with me.

Doors - Strange Days. I was probably 13 or so when I first heard it....and it blew my fucking mind. Deep, dark and creepy.....yet it rocked my face off and simultaneously scared the fuck outta me. I never really heard rock be so poetic or artistic before.

Beck - Mellow Gold. I was 14 or 15 when I bought this (admittedly, just because I wanted the single "Loser" but that whole album is solid. I had just started smoking up and it was a strange marriage. I didn't understand the lyrics but I didn't care.....and when you're stoned and 14, the world is in your crucible. It was new and different and I've been a fanatical follower ever since. I grew to hate "Loser" and the topical fans that clung to that heavily rotated song.....but I'm also a hypocrite. My point being - it's a much better album than people remember.

I'd also equate these feelings to the first time I saw Rocky Horror or Heavy Metal. Good stuff.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:53 AM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 1,834
badmedicine09 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Like a couple of others in this thread, it would have to be KISS for me. Like many in this thread, my early musical tastes were shaped by my parents. Growing up with my mother I heard The Beatles, KISS, Bob Seger, David Bowie, The Eagles, hell, even The Archies.

However, the group that got my attention were KISS, and I'm sure the facepaint had a lot to do with it. Not only did the music seem "hard" and different than anything that was playing on top 40 radio when I was 10 years old, but visually they automatically drew my eye.

Instead of having their first 3 albums separately, she had a 3 vinyl album set that came in a tri-folded package with KISS, Hotter Than Hell, and Dressed to Kill.

I'd spend a whole day with my BIG headphones just listening to the albums over and over. I'd say that was my musical awakening. Up until that point I knew music played, but never really listened.

That wouldn't happen again until I was introduced to Ministry in 1988 with The Land of Rape and Honey...

... musically, I've never been the same.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:22 AM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 61,846
Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura

Code:

ditto....

although there was that one Hewie Lewis and the News tape

about a man and his horse
Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,847
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

Code:

Sports? That one where they are all shooting pool on the cover? Thanks for reminding me. That shit was probably playing in the background as my dad cut my hair in the garage with the flowbee. Creepy.

But it's alright, I mean the power of love...it keeps the the heart of rock and roll beating. Damn, I really need a new drug.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 5,825
dogstain is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I grew up listening to stuff like Loggins and Messina and The Eagles. I was about 13 when for Xmas my older sister bought me two double albums that started me down the wrong path:

Shortly thereafter, she introduced me to pot.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 61,966
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough

Code:

you should tell her about this place. we'd like to meet her.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:43 PM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,532
ZinToledo is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Does anybody remember - or have - The Godz??

Zin