forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 07-06-2008, 12:20 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 5,825
dogstain is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Do you think the drummer was corn holing Halford all this time? We all know Halford is a flaming queer, right?
Old 07-06-2008, 08:53 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 8,610
trondi is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

I think the kid was 15 when it happened. I remember hearing it on the radio a few years ago.

I am sure the drummer was only corn holing Halford only when You were listening to them. Or at least on most of "Turbo". Maybe that is why Rob left the band, bad breakup.

Everyone knows that drummers are weird mofo's anyway.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:10 AM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 61,921
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough
Default overrated how?

Never critically acclaimed. Never media darlings. They didn't really get any due until recently! They have a fervent fan base. But then again if your fans like you then they are rating you appropriately. I don't know that they are the finest technicians out there but they certainly don't suck. And Halford, who is old as hell has an amazing voice. Go back and listen to Dreamer Deceiver and tell me Halford is over-rated. Of metal/hard rock vocalists probably only Tate and Khan can do 4 octaves consistently. I think their longevity is a testament to their talent as songwriters and musicians. They have grown and brought varied approaches to their music throughout the last 40 years without getting too weird. I'm not a big fan of Turbo or Ram It Down but it certainly brought accessibility to metal for a lot of people who weren't giving it a chance. And then they ripped us to shreds with Painkiller and the two newer albums. You've Got Another Thing Comin' could maybe sway some of you to call them overrated. It has been beat to death. But you gotta keep that in context too. That song is likely one of the only songs done by an actual metal band that the general public ever got exposed to in a major way. By the time most people heard the Crue they had forgotten metal! But the final testament shouldn't come from any of us on here (unless there are some day jobs we don't know about).
Just look up the tracklists for these tribute albums and ask the bands and musicians you find on there how overrated Priest is:

Legends Of Metal (1997, Century Media) - exists as Vol. I and Vol. II for the European release; US release is actually a compilation of both volumes in a slighly different artwork packaging
Hell Bent For Metal (1999, Dwell Records)
Metal Gods (2000, Zero Records)
Delivering The Goods (2000, Century Media)
Hell Bent For Metal 2 (2000, Dwell Records)
Worship Judas Priest (2001, Guano Records)
An Industrial Tribute To Judas Priest (2001, Cleopatra Records)
A Tribute to the Priest (2002, Nuclear Blast)
Mirada Electrica (2004, OGHMI)
Acero Argentino (2006, Doble B)
On Your Knees (2007, Crimson Mask)
The Beast of Judas Priest

No informed metal fan would ever say Priest was overrated.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,924
bbanner is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

They definitely aren't overrated. I love Priest, I think they're doing a show over the summer with Motorhead, Black Sabbath (w/ Dio), and some others... in Jersey. Anyone else hear about this? I'm thinking of going.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Bam Bam is hittin that! imgbox

Credits: 212,184
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.

Code:

Metal Masters Tour featuring Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, Motorhead, Testament.

Saturday, August 9, 2008
PNC Bank Arts Center

Old 07-08-2008, 09:37 AM

Code:

Hell yea! This is what I was talking about. I'm planning on going, you have any idea when tix go on sale? or am I too late?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Bam Bam is hittin that! imgbox

Credits: 212,184
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.
Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.Bam-Bam is the Mack Daddy of reputation.

Code:

I think they are on sale and still available.

http://www.livenation.com/event/getE...ventId/326145/

Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM

Code:

thanks for the link!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:16 PM
It's Karmageddon Bitches!

Credits: 43,199
Sickboy76 has a spectacular auraSickboy76 has a spectacular auraSickboy76 has a spectacular auraSickboy76 has a spectacular aura
Thumbs down

Code:

I think you don't know FUCK ALL about music!! with a statement like that.
that is MY opinion.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 3,560
randomhoudini is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Why? Because everyone tells you that they're a fantastic band and should be put on a pedestal? In my opinion they are nothing more than an average metal band with an above average vocalist. Electric Eye is a good song but that's about it. They did nothing revolutionary. Besides have an openly gay singer but other than that...