forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
I can say Jap cuz I am a Jap! ...Jap jap jappity jap.lol

Credits: 291,747
n2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud ofn2tattoos.lol has much to be proud of

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
this is exactly it for me. i don't hate them any more or less than other bands i consider shitty. i just get to hate them more often.

not my links. always virus check.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 PM
the iPod pirate... Argggh! .. WAIT, don't get me wet!

Credits: 67,530
rdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to beholdrdc2007 is a splendid one to behold

I hate them because they are generic. They are so formulaic that their songs all sound the same, as proven on youtube. I hate that people think they are into rock because of Nickelback. I hate that there are so many very talented bands who can play more than one song over and over again yet all the radio plays is Nickelback.

I hate them because they are generic. Did I say that already?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:04 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,621
TurdFerguson646 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

1. overplayed, cliched music
2. Chad kroger = douche
3. terrible lyrics

just not a fan but i gotta give them credit that they can always put out hits
we can call them terrible (deservingly so) all we want, but in the end they r millionares n we r just wastin time bloggin about them... but they still suck
Old 07-27-2009, 12:18 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 6,338
Bong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enough

Code:

I'm kinda the same way. I seldom listen to regular radio anymore. And I'm the first to admit that corporate radio plays the fuck out of stuff like "Rock Star" and that kind of stuff. Drives it into your head like a ballpeen hammer. And I'm also the first to admit that "something in your mouth" thing was total shit.

I guess that's what I'm saying. They do some stuff I really like, that makes me think, or speaks to something I'm going through at that moment. "Bad Girlfriend" (OK, not Nickelback, but it might as well have been) came out when my ex-GF was cheating on me, serially, and really throwing it up in my face. She made a point of always making sure it was in the cd player in her car...fucking cunt...I'm not bitter, tho...ask anyone. But when I heard the whole album, I gravitated toward "Never Meant to Be", and laugh if you will, it helped to let me know I had to get out before I went insane. Sure, it's fairly simplistic stuff, but it spoke to me.

My current GF and I really like "Gotta Be Somebody". It kind of puts into words the way we feel about each other, and our history before we were together. Again, fairly simplistic, but there's something there that talks to me. There's been a lot of death around me the last year or so, and "If today was your last day" says something to me. Heavy handed, fairly simplistic, but it makes me think. It reminds me of a universal truth that we all sometimes forget until it kicks us in the metaphorical nutsack.

I guess my thing is that Nickelback (and Theory and all the others that sound like Nickelback clones) aren't Radiohead, or Savatage, or U2, or Pink Floyd. There are only a few truly groundbreaking acts that come around. That's what makes them groundbreaking. But fuck, people. They're not Warrant or Poison, either. They're a simple little rock band that apparently sells an assload of units.

I can't believe I've spent the weekendend defending Nickelfuckingback. M&M's are a helluva drug.

Red
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.

Credits: 33,357
Fever might win a People's Choice award
Fever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice awardFever might win a People's Choice award

^^^ If it helps, I don't see it as a 'defense' of Nickelback, but an understanding of 'hate', (a word my kids can't use btw).
I listen to no commercial radio, and haven't for years; and that not controlled by me are XM/Sirius oddball channels so maybe that's why I'm not as affected.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 AM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,480
AlanSmithee61 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default lol

The Portugese have taste.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Credits: 79,157,898
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

pop music is such trash. I would rather hear someone scrape their nails on a chalkboard than listen to the radio.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:12 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 24,377
MattBennettShow has a spectacular auraMattBennettShow has a spectacular auraMattBennettShow has a spectacular auraMattBennettShow has a spectacular aura

I work at a hotel and today I checked in comedian Kyle Cease and he told me he fucking hates Nickelback and Creed. He was very angry.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 6,338
Bong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enough

Code:

Creed makes sense because that Stapp asshole was a total fucking tool. I can respect you writing about our faith and all, but you'd better by God live it.

Red
Old 08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,864
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Because they are successful at mailing it in. Nothing about their music is original. They sound like dozens of other bands you hear on the radio. Bands like them, Seether, Theory of a Deadman, Shinedown, etc etc... if you took someone who hadn't heard any of them ever before, made a mix CD of several of each of these bands' songs and gave it to them, they'd think it was the same band. It's unoriginal drivel. They simply use the same beats and riffs to make the same fucking songs over and over again.

They have no creativity or talent. They are successful because they pander to a retarded audience that likes songs about chicks and beer and rocking and rolling in the free world. they are everything that is wrong with music. They are redneck Gods. They just rinse and repeat their songs...

They are the quintessential poster children for the "AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!" culture... yet they're Canadians

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Last edited by gallow737 : 08-10-2009 at 11:36 AM.