forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 26,104
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest
Default Get ready for a Christian version of Guitar Hero

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
For Christians Who Want to Rock, 'Guitar Praise' Salutes You
Thursday, August 28, 2008

By Sara Bonisteel

NEW YORK — For Christians who've always wanted to dabble in "Guitar Hero," but can't bear riffing to songs like "Cheat on the Church," "Cowboys From Hell" or "The Number of the Beast," finally, there's a video game for you.

Next month, video-game developer Digital Praise releases "Guitar Praise," a wireless guitar game that promises "inspirational fun" as players jam to 52 hits by the likes of contemporary Christian musicians TobyMac, Newsboys and Skillet.

Tom Bean, the president and CEO of Digital Praise, told FOXNews.com that "Guitar Praise" was created in response to its gaming fans.

They "started e-mailing us and writing us and calling us and asking us to create a game that they could play along with using a guitar," he said.

Like "Guitar Hero," the game requires players to hit the correct notes as the songs play, but unlike Activision's popular Xbox, Wii and PlayStation 2 and 3 game, "Guitar Praise" is strictly a Mac or PC affair and players can jam along with the band.

Set for release on Sept. 25, with a price tag of $99.95, "Guitar Praise" isn't cheap. But developers see it as a game perfect for the masses.

"We see it as another fun way for kids to spend time together and have a positive experience with positive content," Bean said, adding it works well for youth groups, who can sing along as two players face off in the game.

There's no doubt that musical role-play has carved out a large chunk of the gaming market. This year, "Guitar Hero" surpassed $1 billion in North American retail sales, according to its producer, Activision.

This isn't the first religious knockoff Digital Praise has produced. In 2005, it released "Dance Praise," a "Dance Dance Revolution"-style game that lets players boogie to their favorite Christian hits. "Dance Praise 2 — The ReMix" has thus far been the company's top-selling product, Bean said.

"We’ve attempted to be careful and respect other people’s products and create games of a similar genre but solely created with our programs and programmers," Bean said.

The game will be available next month at GuitarPraise.com as well as at Christian retailers.

A representative from Activision did not immediately return a call for comment.

So will the next version be Guitar Praise Stryper? Hehe...

"You last visited: 01-19-2009 at 07:33 AM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylikewhoa View Post
go fuckyourself
Old 09-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Waiting like a stalking butler

Credits: 18,094
FortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of lightFortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of lightFortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of lightFortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of lightFortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of lightFortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of lightFortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of lightFortySuz&Two is a glorious beacon of light

cool. i'd give it a whirl.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I am Jack's wasted life.

Credits: 17,076
Marie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enoughMarie-Eve Martinez will become famous soon enough

It would totally be worth going to some shitty church youth group to watch those assholes jam along to this horseshit.

PMs, no emails.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 PM
....raw doggin' it since 1980!

Credits: 13,855
Choppie is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

If I win, do I become gawd?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:37 PM
I am Cricker... You are MAMON!

Credits: 55,168
SirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the rough

So I take it none of this:

That sucks...
Old 09-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,875
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

Code:

Agreed.

That's fucking hilarious.....the finest reason I've heard for going to church in a loooooong time.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I'll bust a nut on a girl's tramp stamp...now it's a Scamp stamp!

Credits: 62,467
scampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the roughscampr is a jewel in the rough

Code:

what's wrong with it? they keep making these different versions of the game pack. I thought I just saw an ad for one that has the whole Moving Pictures album. Which is ironic because most people under 30 didn't realize there were more songs than Tom Sawyer and Limelight.

Don't know which bands will be on the game but Skillet has some really good songs. Hopefully they get Pillar and Thousand Foot Krutch, maybe P.O.D. and Day of Fire as well.

Code:

I realize it was a joke, but pondering whether Stryper is gonna be the big band on a Christian Rock game/album etc is like saying is fuckin Poison gonna be the big name on the secular rock game/album. And I know you know this because I saw the stuff you posted in the other thread. I just wish you wouldn't perpetuate this.

Sure they had some crossover success because they were able to get on MTV. But they had contemporaries that were better musicians like Blind Guardian and Holy Soldier. And for AOR music there was Petra.

As you all might imagine there are a ton of Christian groups in all genres now. Some suck but some are very talented.

Last edited by scampr : 09-04-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,875
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

Code:

Actually - despite my ranting on this in the park bench.....I concede, TFK, POD and Pillar aren't bad. I saw Project 86 and Spoken in concert and they were amazing.

Still - the 'rock out with your cock out' youth group imagery killed me.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,313
chilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aurachilansl has a spectacular aura

Uugh. There is no god! Listen to his guitars!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
....raw doggin' it since 1980!

Credits: 13,855
Choppie is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Nose soda of the day award right there!! LMAO
Closed Thread