forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 02:11 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 8,592
trondi is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Nicely put Postmoves.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,240
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

Yeah, its a totally different time now too. Music was able to adjust with the times a little better before - because we knew the times we were in a little better. Now its all a mess and everyone is completely connected, aware of the slightest political, economical, socio-cultural changes etc. I think that is a big factor, because there are plenty of songs I listen to regularly that I enjoy and feel as much about as some of the best older tracks.

Maybe people dont buy as much music when the musicians are making a strong and bold statement, or maybe nobody is listening to lyrics anymore and looking into what the song is about. It would make more sense to me if it was a cultural shift opposed to a music related one. We are much more of a disposable society so while we are listening to anything we are always thinking about the next thing to listen to, rather than enjoying what is there.

Maybe we should create a DSF band to fix this problem, cant sit around complaining without trying to do something about it!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 3,056
BjornIdentity is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I agree with a lot of what has been said but not completely. The corporate business model has changed to reflect the market. Thats why we see so many one hit wonders and bands that dont have the longevity of Zep and the Beatles. My primary musical interest is hip hop and despite what Nas has said, hip hop is not dead. Radio has become a vehicle for corporate produced music, unlike when the Beatles were around. The internet has created a culture of immediacy that prevents groups like Floyd etc. from making it big. But what it has left is a huge venue for independent artists. The music is still out there, you just have to look for it.
See: K'naan- Troubadour
Cool Kids- Bake Sale, That's Stupid
The Roots- Rising Down
Dragon Fli Empire- Redefine
NASA- Spirit of the Apollo (2009)

Thats only off the top of my head. Keep the faith in music.