forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 07-06-2008, 05:30 PM
The user formerly known as stupid*people*should*die

Credits: 3,237
buddha00man is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

aye same here... id give round 1 to rampage ...up until that thou i thought forrest had it.....round 2 id give to forrest...round 3 was close...but 4 & 5 i thought forrest....since it went to decision i wonder if rampage gave forrest his purse!
Old 07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless

Credits: 12,715
effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough

There's no way it was fixed. I'm sure Rampage homers are just a little butt hurt over it but the right guy won that fight.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:56 PM

effjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enougheffjay will become famous soon enough
Default Some LHW Match Up Analysis

Found this on MMAPayout.com, thought ya'll might like it:

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Same article had also said that they are trying to get an Anderson Silva - Yushin Okami match-up on the UFC 89 card headlined by Lidell - Rashad. Just some food for thought.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Cooler than a polar bear's toenails

Credits: 9,817
tlock is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

There is no way that fight was rigged. The judges score cards be all over the place, but that fight was legit.

Following up on my picks I only got 3 fights won (Forrest, Cote, and Buchholz). Pretty good showing...

Who do you think Rampage and Forrest will fight next? I hope it is Rampage vs Wandi...

Originally Posted by badmedicine09
I've been avoiding results all day. tlock, you are a God amongst men, thank you.

All of my posts are not my links...
Old 07-07-2008, 06:15 AM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,480
CowFlop is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Long post, sorry...

First time post, please be gentle with me. I've lurked for a while now.

A glaring problem, not sure if it’s a problem or strength to be honest, in MMA with fans, everyone takes it so personally. MMA is about as love/hate as you can get in sports.

Take a look at boxing, even “casual” fans will stop and watch. But MMA you either love it or you hate it. There’s no casual fan – not a lot of people will stop and check it out for a minute or two when it’s on TV. Basically you’re either okay with the violence or your not. Boxing, people will watch a minute or two as long as there’s no blood. Boxing has been around long enough everyone considers it a “main” sport. MMA is gradually getting to that point. It’s just not there yet. But in MMA, that first good punch or kick or submission attempt, and those who can’t stomach, run.

So, when someone’s favorite loses, people are pissed. People have a vested-interest in MMA fighter, when you like someone. You respect that person for being a warrior. You never want to see your warrior lose, ever. I wonder what it was like in the days of the Romans, when a favorite gladiator lost.

Anyways, I’m off topic here. People are saying this fight is fixed because they’re passionate, obviously. I think the biggest problem here with judging MMA is this – they’re seeing the fight from about three feet away. They don’t get a lot of replays. Everything is fast and things change in a split second.

With Saturday’s fight – the judges saw it, at least I think. They saw Griffin controlling the first round until he was knocked down. He was being the aggressor. With that said, he recovered from the knockdown and defended himself. So, unlike boxing, in MMA a knockdown doesn’t always warrant a 10-8 round. I don’t need to really go round for round we watched the same fight, but the last three rounds. Forrest controlled the aggression for the most part. At least that’s what the judges felt, or what I think they felt…

I guess my point to this. Rampage did more damage with each single blow he landed. But, here comes a bad analogy, but in war is it better to kill 10 people one at a time, or five people in one shot? Forrest out worked him, was more aggressive and controlled the ring that warranted a win in the judges’ eyes. I know I wouldn’t want to be an MMA judge.

I have a bit of a problem with the way that Rampage’s coach is acting, but that’s a whole other story. My question is this, the coach, Juanito Ibarra, is saying the knockdown in round one warrants a 10-8 round for Rampage. With that in mind, wouldn’t a solid submission that is close to ending the fight warrant a 10-8 round? Even if it’s pulled off late in a round?

The reason I’m asking – a knockdown can happen at any second, and save a round for a fighter if you judge that way, wouldn’t a submission attempt be the same? The triangle, Forest attempted wouldn’t that warrant the same consideration or wasn’t it as threatening?

Thanks for reading, sorry it was so long…
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 8,075
Soze is being mentioned in polite conversation

Code:

don't be, it was a good unbiased read. nice to have another fan around here. as long as you feel frank mir getting a title shot is completly unwarranted i'll welcome you with open arms...
Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM

Code:

HA! More like you'll only be accepted around here if you are the biggest Mir fan ever.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Credits: 54,967
Thomas Has a lot of rep, but will never be as reputable as wannabe DSF user pasyaerrov.

Hey i know it's not really MMA but i have some episodes of that show "Fight Quest". I can upload them if you guys want.

It's a pretty decent show with some intersting stuff in each episode. If you haven't seen any of them you might find them interesting.

Let me know if anybody wants them i'll start upping them

Old 07-07-2008, 10:29 AM

Fight Quest is a pretty awesome show Thomas, as is Human Weapon. Have you ever caught that one? I enjoyed them both quite a bit.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Wearing a flavor saver since '95

Credits: 17,968
Goat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular auraGoat Gosselin has a spectacular aura

Code:

i like where ur head is at. i agree with most of what u said, not all cuz i was only able to watch the first 2 rounds so i cant really comment on the fight past that round (had to take the woman back to work) i hope that in the next day or two i can watch the whole ufc card and can make a better reply to the comments that are on here