forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Music Discussion

Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Credits: 41,962
gallow737 might win a People's Choice award
gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award
Default RIAA to stop suing people... cut off your internet instead

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
It's everywhere.

Code:

Will they include stuff like Rapidshare or Megaupload in this? Technically those aren't P2P. Or will they mainly target programs like Limewire and also torrents? I'm confused as to what constituted P2P nowadays. I haven't downloading anything off of stuff like that in almost a year

My Movie Review Thread | Website

Old 12-19-2008, 10:43 PM
satan666

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:

Is that when you discovered DSF?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:44 AM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

gallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice awardgallow737 might win a People's Choice award

Code:

Partially. I used to download music off of a few specific music blogs, but they got shut down. Then I started using P2P stuff again...

Then I was told about this place. Yay!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:32 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,564
Foghorn Leghorn is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I don't think there is anyway of stopping rapidshare/megaupload. I would guess that they are still going to fight it through the p2p as that's their only hope.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 2,628
salumeria is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Can you explain why there isn't any way to stop rapidshare/megaupload? I'm not trying to sound critical, just curious.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:37 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 1,564
Foghorn Leghorn is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I'm trying to say that most people who send files through these two uploading sites usually hide what cd it is/what movie it is/etc,. Granted, there are people out there that don't, but I bet if they tried going down that route you would see another uploading service be used or people be smarter in how they send files through those uploading services.

The only way they could cut down rapidshare/megaupload is to get rid of them which would be just like the p2p cycle they are going through now. Shut one down, couple more open. I think this is a better approach for them, but it's not going to curtailing illegal downloading.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:15 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 6,693
Xcc1ast will become famous soon enoughXcc1ast will become famous soon enoughXcc1ast will become famous soon enough

When will the RIAA learn? People want their music free these days, evolve or die just fucking die. With the rediculous money that most, I stress, not all; musicians make these days--this is justification enough for me to get their music and if they don't suck then may be I'll contribute to the musician via some other venue, ie concerts merchandise, etc. The music industry is saturated with money, its time to wring it out.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,472
n00batron is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

it's mostly a matter of technology, i think. peer-to-peer traffic and rapidshare traffic exists via different internet protocols. more specifically, the articles make it sound like the riaa/isp is looking for p2p traffic. i don't know how they are the doing this, but i do know that the two types of traffic i've described are different. also, i believe rapidshare traffic is just like "regular webpage" traffic (http).
Old 02-12-2009, 11:39 PM
HIGH SCORE mothafucka!!

Code:

Essentially this is correct. Downloading from rapidshare is pretty much the same as downloading off of someone's own website. With rapidshare, you're not downloading from one specific user's library of files, you're downloading from a server. With P2P services, the files need to come from someone, that someone will have an IP attached to them, which can be traced to an ISP, and then they get fistfucked.

Rapi8dshare doesn't have that. What they can do is find the files that are being illegally shared, and perhaps get the download info from rapidshare themselves, but you have to think that there are thousands, if not millions of people downloading this stuff, it'd be damn near impossible, plus it's not entirely rapidshare's fault. they started a service for convenience purposes and the warez community has exploited it. Not their fault, they offer a specific service for whoever wants to use it, it's not intended for illegal purposes, but the way it's set up they almost can't stop it from being used for such things.

Even if they ask RS to start cracking down, it will never end. There's thousands of different links for the same albums or movies or TV Shows on Rapidshare. Getting a couple isn't going to stop it.

Downloading from RS, unless they figure out a way to royally fuck those who get their stuff from there, is almost impossible to track back to specific individuals.