forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
chuy es mi homie

Credits: 20,469
carajas will become famous soon enoughcarajas will become famous soon enoughcarajas will become famous soon enough

pendragon, What would you use to delete a folder that doesn't want to be deleted... I tried right click on it and nothing, dragging to the trash and nada. Folder is empty.
It was a folder I used when I used to do file sharing, I don't know if that helps.
Hope you know what to do.
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 8 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Try using pocket killbox.

Download is located here:

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Homepage is here:

Code:

Old 08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
kicked the fuck out

Does anyone use the windows Sidebar? Do you like it? Why? Favorite plugins? I can't decide on it. I have been back and forth a couple times. AT first there was a security issue now that's fixed. It just seems to me that it eats alot of desktop space - or I just have too many icons

Last edited by DSF Guest 8 : 08-15-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,786
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

What little I've used it, I did not like. And I like sidebars. I just haven't been able to really find things I want for it. Or find things that offer me a better way of doing things than I currently do! I use AIOS all the time on FF. I have FF so cluttered that I like a plain desktop. I just discovered that you can add a "desktop" toolbar to your taskbar with all the icons, links etc on your desktop. That helps me stop using my Quick Launch Show Desktop button as much! I just hover over it, it pops up and I pick what I want to open.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM
kicked the fuck out

Default Giant of Internet Radio Nears Its 'Last Stand' : Pandora

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Pandora is one of the nation's most popular Web radio services, with about 1 million listeners daily. Its Music Genome Project allows customers to create stations tailored to their own tastes. It is one of the 10 most popular applications for Apple's iPhone and attracts 40,000 new customers a day.

Yet the burgeoning company may be on the verge of collapse, according to its founder, and so may be others like it.

"We're approaching a pull-the-plug kind of decision," said Tim Westergren, who founded Pandora. "This is like a last stand for webcasting."

The transformation of words, songs and movies to digital media has provoked a number of high-stakes fights between the owners of copyrighted works and the companies that can now easily distribute those works via the Internet. The doomsday rhetoric these days around the fledgling medium of Web radio springs from just such tensions.

Last year, an obscure federal panel ordered a doubling of the per-song performance royalty that Web radio stations pay to performers and record companies.

Traditional radio, by contrast, pays no such fee. Satellite radio pays a fee but at a less onerous rate, at least by some measures.

As for Pandora, its royalty fees this year will amount to 70 percent of its projected revenue of $25 million, Westergren said, a level that could doom it and other Web radio outfits.

This week, Rep. Howard L. Berman (D-Calif.) is trying to broker a last-minute deal between webcasters and SoundExchange, the organization that represents artists and record companies. The negotiations could reduce the per-song rate set by the federal panel last year.

The two sides appear to be far apart, however, with Berman frustrated.

"Most of the rate issues have not been resolved," Berman said. "If it doesn't get much more dramatic quickly, I will extricate myself from the process."

"We're losing money as it is," said Westergren, a former acoustic rocker. "The moment we think this problem in Washington is not going to get solved, we have to pull the plug because all we're doing is wasting money."

The digital reproduction of works in print, audio and video has provoked waves of lawsuits over who should benefit from copyrighted works distributed over the Internet.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
kicked the fuck out

Another awesome little tool but this one is hardware...

i2i Stream is one of those weird little technologies that is difficult to explain but, once you "get it," it's pretty impressively useful and easy to use. Bear with me while I explain, then you'll see what I mean.

i2i Stream is a small, Zippo-sized device that sits between your iPod (or other MP3 player) and your headphones. Punch the channel button to cycle through the selections and pick your favorite color, then hit send. You are now streaming your music over the air. Whatever you play on your music player, that's what gets streamed, in real time.

Now the fun part: Anyone else nearby with an i2i Stream device can plug their own headphones into their i2i and listen to your stream. They don't need a music player at all, just a charged up i2i and a pair of 'phones. To listen, you just select the same color channel as your friend and click the receive button. That's all there is to it. (All i2i units can either stream or receive, so you can take turns sharing playlists.)

Range is about 30 feet and any number of listeners can pick up a broadcasted stream: One person in the middle of a classroom could provide music for the entire class. Up to four different channels can stream in the same area at the same time.

Audio quality is surprisingly good if you're in range (the company says it's beaming an uncompressed audio stream), and battery life of roughly five or six hours is decent. The device recharges via USB, which is convenient, too. Overall, i2i Stream is simple and works well; my only complaint of course is that it means carrying one more gadget (and one extra cable) in your pocket... and you'll have to get your friends to buy in to the concept, too, if you really want to put i2i to use. For the young target market, that might be tough: A pair of i2i Streams costs $120 (singles are $70 each), which may price it out of reach of cash-strapped teens.

Still, if you've got tons of friends desperate to listen in on what you're spinning at every spare moment, i2i is easily the best solution out there for sharing your stuff.

Code:

Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 AM
kicked the fuck out

Default Answering Tough Interview Questions for Dummies

A skill everyone should have is how to interview well. Read the book. It will help

Answering Tough Interview Questions for Dummies

Information

Written for all job hunters – new entrants, mid-level people, very experienced individuals, and technical and non-technical job seekers – Answering Tough Interview Questions For Dummies is packed with the building blocks for show-stopping interviews.
Code:

Old 08-19-2008, 03:46 PM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,062
Marcusrab is starting to gain some momentum on DSF
Default Tab Mix Works..

Tab mix will work for firefox 3, the other one however.. I dont know about.

A version for Firefox 3.0.1 is found here:http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9178

Code:

Old 08-20-2008, 07:40 PM
kicked the fuck out

If you regularly utilize rapidshare, megaupload, and others a great add-on for Firefox is AIO Links Checker. Automatically checks rapidshare.com, megaupload.com, filefactory.com, depositfiles.com, mediafire.com links from the page that you are visiting. Automatically downloads for rapidshare.com

This script has just been updated as of Aug 17th.

Note : If you are using version 1.1 or older, please uninstall it before update newer version.

install it here:

Code:

view source script here:
Code:

Old 08-21-2008, 10:16 AM
kicked the fuck out

Default FastStone Photo Resizer

FastStone Photo Resizer 2.6 Portable

I have to resize a ton of jpg's during the course of a month and this little program does the trick nicely. I use the portable version daily - just to resize 100's of jpg's at a time.

FastStone Photo Resizer is an image converter / resizer intended to enable users to convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermarks to images in a quick and easy batch mode. Drag and Drop mouse operation is well supported.

Features

* Convert and Rename images in batch mode
* Support JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF and JPEG2000
* Resize, crop, change color depth, apply color effects, add text
* Rename images with sequential number
* Support folder/non-folder structure
* Load and save settings
* And much more...

Code:

Closed Thread