forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: What would it take to get you lurkers to post?
The regulars to take a vacation? 1 3.57%
Become a members only forum ala 'noid? 11 39.29%
List your suggestion below... 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 4,786
Mrs.BlackCrypt is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Code:

Code:

At the risk of agreeing with BC (OMG,that's gotta be a first!!!) I think that might help some. But someone pointed out making people join to see the links doesn't mean they'll post.

Face it, you CANNOT force people to post a certain amount and expect it to be quality posting. Making people join to get links just gets more people to join and have that wonderful tag of what is it??? "I'm gay and hav no posts" beside their name. Makes membership number look great. But so fuckin what? If they're not posting they're likely not visiting sponsors so what good is having a high membership number? Unless sponsors pay purely by the member and that'd be a raw deal for any sponsor. And too, in terms of quality posting...what do members who join but never post accomplish. So while I think getting the links should be members only there are drawbacks.

Now, even leaving ALL of the above aside...you cannot force people to put their fingers to their keyboards and post. They'll either post shit (and this time I mean awful shit not good shit) or leave. You can have minimum posting requirements, but that would result in a ton of crap and spam and who knows what. So do you want quality or quantity?

Even regulars go through quiet times. We all have times of busy-ness outside of here...sacrilegious I know. But life happens. I've been fairly quiet since getting home. Not for lack of wanting to say things but because I am so damn tired it's not funny . And too, with everything lately, I've kinda wanted to crawl into my little hole to deal with it and come back out when I am better equipped mentally (shut the hell up BC) to deal with others. For people like me, it's hard to deal with other people being nice to me even right now. And then there are people away from PCs on vacation, for work, or a myriad of reasons.

Code:

You said it all right there! I've seen it in all too many places. And I'll say again, since y'all are getting Satan to repeat himself too, if you think it is too quiet....do something. Post. But instead of posting the "oh no oh no, the board is dying" type posts...post something to bring up a discussion. Yes, this has raised a discussion but is this the type of discussion that we really need? Post something interesting. Hell, post something MILDLY not horribly controversial. Even silly shit..post it.

As for women posting boobage, I don't know the reasons for others not posting. That's for them to decide. And keep in mind I say this completely with the knowledge that no one is asking for my boobs! My reason is this: you've seen em once, they haven't changed. Why post again? Again, that's said with the thought in mind that ain't no one asking to see mine. Please, who'd wanna see an old married mother's saggy ass rack? Hell even BC would likely rather look at hot chick's boobs. Doesn't offend me in the least. For others it might be the thought of someone reposting them. Others might have a completely different reason. But, I seriously don't find the asking offensive. I think it's kinda cute in most of you males here. That's just me when the asking is directed at others though. The thought in my head is something like "oh isn't that cute? they'll wear her down someday." But then again I take a weirdly maternal attitude to most males, whether I know them or not and whether they have their own mother or not. And I did that before becoming a Mom. To me it's like a kid asking repeatedly for candy at the checkout lane.

As for noob bashing, it can be rough when there is a pile on. But, when it comes to posting coded links etc. the rules are well posted. Yes everyone makes mistakes. But, if you're a noob and don't take time to read the rules at the top of the forum before posting...then I think you deserve what you get. That's just common sense to me. I also think posting a request for your first post screams greedy so blasting that seems rather fair to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I joined because BC made a request for something for me. I thought "hey cool place." Then I joined in some, got the normal (to me) hazing that is what the soul of DSF seems it should be. I wasn't run off by people picking on me. I hope I gave as good as I got. Like I said somewhere else...if the noobs can take the hazing, and give back as well, they'll likely stick around. Look at Jizz...he gave back just as much shit as he took. And same with Candi. Yes, I did feel partially accepted because of BC already being here. But not completely. It just made it easier to know where lines were without taking as long to lurk and get a feel for things. I think he probably gave me as much shit as anyone else might have. And sometimes I wonder if some of y'all took it easier on me because of him or not. But that just means he was the lube to my introduction here guess! And now, many of you guys are well...let's just say some of you are vaguely known to the two adults in my real life outside of the interwebz. Not by name maybe but by things you do...how you've all been so supportive of us lately. Things like that. Hell my mom even knows to run if she hears an ice cream truck and a cowbell!!!

Ok, damn, now I feel all warm and cuddly again. WTF???!!!! Satan help!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Moses is a nice guy.

Credits: 26,213
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest
BlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illestBlackCrypt is considered by many to be the illest

Yup, welcome to my life ya'all!!

"You last visited: 01-19-2009 at 07:33 AM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylikewhoa View Post
go fuckyourself
Old 09-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Granny pr0n poster extraordinaire

Credits: 16,927
thermos will become famous soon enoughthermos will become famous soon enough

Code:

Umm, me? Hands down my favorite sentence in your magna carta-like post.

As a married man with 3 breast fed children.....I'm going to channel my inner-Creed on Office and say, "Swing low, sweet chariots."

Code:

Too fucking funny. Oh and umm, it's cool that I just asked to see your wife's boobage, right?
"The blessing of my TITS be upon you;
we bless you in the name of the DSF."
Old 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 1,480
Claude_Ballz is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

yeppers
Old 09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
A man in love is incomplete until he has married. Then he's finished.

Credits: 107,145
Tablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud ofTablefor5 has much to be proud of

I think when they realize they are not as awesome as we are and that they will never be in our league, then they will fell more comfortable with their posting status. Rather than just lurking.

oh, and more boobies....
Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 3,119
dikfore63 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I lurked for all of 2 days before I joined and started posting. I spent most of the first 3weeks uploading and posting in the music section. I didn't bother to even come out of the Park Bench until 2 weeks after I joined.

An observation I maid fairly early by watching other newbies post is that if your not one of the ladies you should just keep your trap shut until you have a few hundred posts. Any mis-step at all and you will get lit up, once you've been here a while it turns in to playful banter. It's like some of you guys assume that everyone that joins is a fucktard until proven otherwise. I prefer to wait till a person proves that they have shit for brains before going on the offensive, but to each their own.

I think scampr said it perfectly. We shouldn't be so quick to attack a new guy for making simple mistakes and then waist time trying to figure out why the forums may have slowed down.*

* This statement should not interpreted as my claiming the forums are dying. I know better than to poke Satan with a stick

Last edited by dikfore63 : 09-11-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:09 AM
So for an extra value woody, put this BigMac into that Quarter-Pound pussy, yes!

Credits: 12,395
BigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSFBigMac63 is loved by the DSF

Code:

So what do you suppose he prefers to be poked with?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
jesus got drunk and molested me

Credits: 62,795
Shasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular auraShasturbator has a spectacular aura

Code:

rubber fist?

about a man and his horse
Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 AM
kicked the fuck out

DSF Guest 6 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

didnt someone give you a nice new metal one??
Old 09-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Good grief! The comedian's a bear!

Credits: 47,303
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars
SexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his starsSexyLion is getting blinded by his stars

When I started posting there was only a few people here, so it was not such a big deal.