forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You > I am - Your Home Team Sucks

Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 3,935
rockdude82 will become famous soon enoughrockdude82 will become famous soon enough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
That didnt stop them from hiring Freddie Prinze Jr.....
Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Cactus Jack

Credits: 0 [Check]

he has experience in the industry of entertainment with life long wrestling fan cred. i know, hiring him was a joke. he already quit. lame.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Cactus Jack

test is dead. i guess he failed the test?
jk. r.i.p. andrew martin.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 AM
i have seen a vagina, and it was expensive

Credits: 3,935
rockdude82 will become famous soon enoughrockdude82 will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing 'roids...
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Cactus Jack

yeah, he went to rehab on the wwe dime. probably some other stuff too. there is a real insightful blog over at j.r.'s site about the whole situation.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 6,374
Bong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enough

Code:

I don't have the degree. No experience other than being a no- life wrestling nerd. I think I could book, but I doubt I could write scripts or format a television show. I saw an interesting shoot DVD of Vince Russo and Ed Fererra
talking about that, how Russo was basically the idea guy who came up with the storylines, while Fererra layed out the show, like how long each segment took and where in the program it would be.

I think booking would be a hoot. I'd run it like a soap, with a Bible and all. It would be very old school, going back to telling stories with the matches. I wouldn't give guys scripts. I would give them the idea I wanted them to get across, then send them out to do it. Cover A, B and C, and if there's time, throw some gravy on.

Back to the Hardy thing, for example. I liked having Matt come out and just talk. It's a big story, and they at least attempted to give it the time for him to get it out, albeit in Matt's no- charisma talking chimp way. The dead dog. That's money, baby. What's more raw emotion than talking about your dead dog? My point is it should be done like that every single week for at least 6 weeks before before Jeff snapped. Matt comes out, gives at least an 8 minute talk, baring his soul, wringing out every emotion, making a new point every week, with the previous week's point as the jumping off spot. But all of it coming back to "I'm doing this because I love you", but making it clear that while that may be true, Matt is also blinded by his jealousy and resentment. Just putting a couple shoot aspects in it doesn't make me believe it. I guess that's my problem. I want to believe. This storyline should leave a mark eotionally drained, and a smark like me actually wondering if this could degenerate into a shoot. And it would just be so easy to. And have it all turn out that some outside force (Christian/ Edge, or better yet some faces who were evil after all) be manipulating the whole thing. Matt gets his emotions out and gets redemption, Jeff gets a much needed trip to the woodshed (that secretly we'd all want, because Matt was after all right...no matter how evil he was being), the Hardys would be rejuvenated as faces, new monster heels would be born, and an epic fued would begin. Circle of life.

The problem is while kayfabe may be dead, the powers that be think a couple of shoot aspects are enough to dazzle.

When I was a kid, watching Portland wrestling, Playboy Buddy Rose married Matt Borne's sister. Not on camera, not in the ring. It was just mentioned in a promo one or the other did. The shit hit the fan. It was a fucking war. I knew wrestling wasn't "real", but this sure seemed real. Because they used real human emotions to play on the viewers emotions. Announcer Frank Bonnema made it real when Matt Bourne was ranting about how this could have happened, how Buddy Rose was the devil incarnate (in Portland, Oregon at that time Buddy Rose was pure fucking evil...I mean, this guy dropped the Northwest Heavyweight Championship belt off a bridge into the river...when they gave him a new one, he rented a helicopter and dropped it into Mt. St. Helens...priceless), how his sister let down the whole family. Frank turned to him and with complete sympathy said "I know, but she loves the man". Hook, line and sinker. You can't write that. All you can do is send your performers out with a believable story and have them sell it.

But what the fuck? I'm a creative guy. What could it hurt to send WWE a resume? I might get back a letter I could post here and we could all mock it. Daddy sees a project for the weekend.

Red
Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 PM

Bong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enoughBong O. Boi will become famous soon enough

Code:

Shitty deal. Andrew Martin seemed like a good enough egg. I think he was a pretty good mid- carder, but it seemed they were always trying to book him over his station.

As much as I'm usually up for gossiping about the hows and whys of Test's untimely demise, I spent last weekend saying good- bye to a friend we lost all too soon. Andrew Martin died before he should have. I don't care why he died, what personal foibles he may have had. He left friends and family behind wondering what the hell happened. All I can think about is their pain.

I do find it interesting the WWE paid for his rehab. Was he under contract, or do they just sometimes do stuff like that?

Red
Old 03-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Cactus Jack

they will foot the bill for any former superstar who reaches out and wants to go for treatment. they have done it for hall and jake the snake among others. it is part of their wellness policy.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 AM

Code:

I didn't know that. The cynic in me says it's good PR, but the nerd in me says that there must be some sincerity because it's the first I've heard of it.

Hall and Jake. I suppose every attempt helps, but with those two it seems like pissing money down a well. Addiction sucks.

Red
Old 03-31-2009, 06:48 PM

Default Wrestlemania 25

After an exceptionally weirdly booked Last RAW Before Wrestlemania, I'm curious. Does anyone else see the McMahon Family (the whole famn damily or just one or a select few) turning on young Mr. Helmsley? I can see very easily a yearlong (I love long storylines...I'm an old school nerd) HHH vs. the McMahons, like the Stone Cold Vs. McMahon fued.

Of course, I can also see HHH betraying the McMahons. Rhodes and DiBiasi, fantastic workers that they are, are languishing in the arid desert that is Randy Orton's charisma. If they're going to insist on building the company on this talentless buffoon, at least let him coattail on some of H's overness. He needs to be teamed up with someone like H to build him. Having them fight the McMahons would be a thing of...well, not beauty, but I think it would get over with the fans. And get out of the way and let Cody and Ted be the old school evil motherfuckers that they were bred to be.

I can really see any combination of McMahon/ Helmsley fued. Shane/ Stephanie vs. H and VKM. Shane/ VKM vs. H and Steph. VKM/ Steph vs. H and Shane. All storylines that would write themselves.

I see potential all over how this match could end up.

On the other hand, I'd be just as entertained by an old fashioned stiff match with a clean finish.

Red