forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I am Cricker... You are MAMON!

Credits: 55,485
SirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the rough

For you all running 64 bit, do you actually have 64 bit OS's and programs that take advantage of the extra 32 bits you have, or does everything scale down to run on 32 anyways?

I was considering going 64 bit on my build, but found very little actual advantage to doing it, since most programs dont fully support 64 bit.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I am Cricker... You are MAMON!

Credits: 55,485
SirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the roughSirLongFoot is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Bwuahahahahahaha!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
It can be boobie tiem nao pleees?

Credits: 8,624
jcaf41 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Who says she's getting a plot - there is a perfectly good ditch somewhere just waiting to be put to good use.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
MEGADOUCHE

Credits: 0 [Check]

Code:

No, I could, but 32 is fine. I'm not savvy enough to overcome the bullshit associated with it.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:31 PM

Default Ok fucking finally done...Its not a lot - but I get distracted way to easy.

Alienware - M17x laptop- primary machine which I commit my phuckery with.
Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
2 Gigs
160GB internal
500GB External USB drive
2x 512Mb 8700GTs in SLI
Blu-Ray Drive
1900x1200p
Vista Ultimate - 32 Bit
HDMI out,Gig Nic, 4xUSB,ATSC Tuner built In

Server (self built)
AMD 3800x2
2Gigs
1TB (2x500@7200RPM)
Windows Home Server
BFG 6800 Ultra
Gig Nic

Media Center (self built)
AMD 3800x2
2Gigs
Windows Media Center 2005
500GB hard drive
ATI All in Wonder HD
ATI x1900GT
Gig Nic

Connected to:

50" Pioneer Elite Plasma PRO-1140HD
Linksys WRT54GX2
Linksys Gigabit Switch
Verizon Fios (internet only - why pay for cable when I have DSF!!)
Xbox 360
Xbox Zune 30GB gen1
Samsung Blackjack II until my dog decided it needed to be redesigned (i.e chewed the fuck up) So now I am on my 4th phone in the last 2 years.
Countless portable hard drives - totaling well over 2TB, killer is I could get 1.5 to 2 TB right now for probable less than half of what I paid total for the ones I have.
Way too many random PC componants - enough to build at least one more fully function PC
Old 03-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Virginty is overrated, so give me yours.

Credits: 182,228
Mr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSF

Code:

I have a AMD 3500+ 64bit. 64 bit is useful for security encryption and complex algorithms. At the time I bought it there were very few 64 bit programs, most custom. I had been planning on getting into music and movie editing. Of course, I bought an HP which was my first mistake. It's lemon. In the future I'll built my own computer if I ever have the money.

The advent of the dual and quad core basically made the 64's obsolete. It still has it's purposes, but not a lot of programs were write for the 64 bit still. But that is also the downfall of the dual cores. Few programs are written for it, so most ppl fail to utilize the full potential of their computers. The average home user doesn't need a dual core or speeds over 2500. The sad part is MS comtinues to upgrade Windows and shutting down updates and fixes for older OS's forcing consumers to buy new computers to maintain their security as new programs enter the market and create new flaws.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 36,706
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:

You do realize that all the dual, tri, and quad core procs are 64bit dual, tri, and quad core procs right?

Everyday programs like Firefox or Outlook, etc, don't need to be written for multi-core procs if the OS (in this case Windows) is coded to take advantage of the multicores. Either by evenly spreading the workload across all the cores or by running itself on one core and then all 3rd party software on the other core(s), etc etc.

High end software such as video editing software, would do better if the program itself was written to use multiple cores.

Or even better, video editing programs should be written to use the GPU on these new extremely powerful video cards... with the help of the chipset manufactors (ATI, nVidia, Intel, etc). Some probably already are.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 AM

Mr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSFMr Handlebars is loved by the DSF

Code:

No I didn't know they were. I thoguth most were still 32. As for windows, isn't optimize by most ppl to work that way and needs to be tweaked for that fact. Window 7 should eliminate that problem, but Vista isn't written with dual core usage in mind, though it can be set to do so, but on a limited basis.

As for editing software, you are absolutely right, but I thought that was what I said. Actually, most operate better when not used in the confines of Window, but Linux or Apple.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:37 AM

All right with all the people on here, there has to be more gadget freaks. I know Striker and I are not the only two.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:50 AM

Code:

I have neither the money nor the money to upgrade my system. Right now I'm working with a computer that keeps locking up because I don't have the time to lay my system up for a week and refuse to be without internet for another day. So I just hobble along until my attorney friend gives me one of the office computer. Then I will overhaul this computer. Once done, then I can start to make some money with it. Then I'll look toward building a new system. One of the good things is when I build my new system, I don't need a high end video or Sound cards, but will probably look into getting a better one of each. Then I'll sit down with you guys and get some advice. Mostly because I need to go to a multi-monitor system and upgraded burners.