forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - stepPOLLS

View Poll Results: Should motorcycle helmets be required by law?
Yes 20 45.45%
No 24 54.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2010, 02:57 PM

Credits: 79,175,252
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized
TheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE ImmortalizedTheSNakE Immortalized

What do doctors call people who drive motorcycles? Donors. Old joke, but true. It's not if you are going to fall, it's when you are going to fall. Everyone who has a motorcycle knows it. If people want to go without their helmet, that's their problem. I feel the same way about seat belts. Meanwhile, I never wore a seat belt until they made it a law, and sure enough that thing saved my life one day. The question is, does the government have the right to tell us what to do if what we are doing doesn't hurt anyone else? They outlaw drugs because they use the excuse that people on drugs commit crimes. If they are going to make everything that could kill us illegal, then they should outlaw McDonald's, all vehicles that go over 20 MPH, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. Right now there is a lot of pressure from uninformed politicians and the radical animal rights groups, to make owning snakes illegal. They claim snakes harm people and if released can harm the environment. Meanwhile cats and dogs send many people to the hospital everyday, while few people are harmed by snakes including venomous ones. Also feral dogs and cats do more damage to the environment than snakes could ever do. The whole country is full of hypocrites.
Too late. The siren song of skinny jeans and skittlerex lured him back to his people. We won't see him for another 3 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.brownfella View Post
Hail, too the King!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 16,223
KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!
KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!

I understand all of the "yes, you need a helmet" opinions...but my point is DO WE NEED TO MAKE IT LAW?

Do we really need another legislative act in the books taking one more freedom of choice away?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 24,611
MattBennettShow has a spectacular auraMattBennettShow has a spectacular auraMattBennettShow has a spectacular auraMattBennettShow has a spectacular aura

I was driving to work in Branson, Mo last Saturday and was stuck in traffic for a good 20 mins because the police had the road blocked off. When they finally let us go through, we saw a bike on the side of the road but it wasn't too damaged. A little further up there was a body with a tarp over it and an ambulance pulling up.

I agree with most, it's your choice but you're a fucking retard if you don't wear one. Even if it's for a short ride, a tiny crash could kill you. One less stupid person in the world.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:57 AM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,056
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Yea man!! Just like we don't need no one telling us we have to wear seat belts and to not ride in pick up truck beds.

(SARCASM).

Personally, even after years of high-speed bicycle racing (25+mph) and many many times where some stupid car/motorcyclist ignored the right-of-way bicycler, not to mention wiping out at 40+ where I bounced off the front bumper of a car, then bus sign, then a tree then slammed into the front of a house hard enough to cause the homeowner to come out to see what made the noise... I still don't own a bicycle helmet.

But oddly, any time I have gotten on a motorcycle I've always worn a helmet. It was the only thing that saved my life when I wiped out going 55mph on a gravel road in Southern Ohio. There was a hole in the back of the helmet when I took it off.

While I don't agree the law needs to force anyone to wear a helmet, I do think people who don't are stupid. And laws aren't meant to protect against stupidity.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
i have never seen a vagina, but at least i dont live with my mom

Credits: 16,223
KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!
KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!KrakeN said Fuck Yo' Rep Mutha Fucka!

Code:

Exactly...quit protecting the stupid and let Natural Selection do its job!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:50 PM
gayer than bicycle shorts

Credits: 1,706
BobRogers is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Ive crashed enough to know I would definitely not want to do it without a helmet. Hell, my idea of no gear is wearing a textile jacket. But it also shouldnt be a law. I used to ride my bike to summer classes at school. Rush hour traffic for 45 minutes never getting above 20 mphs. I would've LOVED to ditch the helmet for that part of the ride.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
I kill grownups for fun but for a lollipop, I'm gonna carve him up real nice

Credits: 544,406
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

Code:

I think we do. Not that I am in favor of the government taking away individual liberties, but when you look at the whole picture, who suffers when some dumbass lays his bike down (or some cat gets t-boned by some little old lady from Pasadena who makes eye contact with him, and then pulls out)? The ambulance comes, possibly even an air ambulance to take him to the trauma ward, thousands up to millions can be spent in a short time trying to save a life that could have been prevented by an inexpensive hat. All of our taxes and insurance premiums then go up.

So if we could let him die on the road, great, no law. Until then, wear the hat!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:07 PM

Code:

Good, we should ban smoking and any other dangerous activity that people make a choice to do as well. They cost us a ton of money as well.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:31 PM
I kill grownups for fun but for a lollipop, I'm gonna carve him up real nice

Credits: 544,406
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!
ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!ThatHaole ain't your mother fucking puppet, fool!

Code:

Thanks Bob. It's good to see n00bs bust right in and make snarky comments because they are so much smarter than the rest of us.
I appreciate you pointing out the obvious. Sometimes when we get caught up making bukkake films with your mom it is hard to see the forest for the trees. Of course you forgot to mention that the motorcycle helmet industry has a little less money than big tobacco.
Oh, and TOGTFO!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Code:

Not saying Im smarter by any means. I just see this argument ALL the time on many different motorcycle specific boards, and I think its a faulty argument in the grand scheme of things.