forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 AM
the burning and itching has stopped

Credits: 2,265
ddedig is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
I think what he is suggesting is a more institutionalized version of those programs where the definite motivation for enlistment would be free education. It also seemed like there would be stateside options like doing time (to put it bluntly) at a nursing home, or homeless shelter or working with faith based organizations would be an option as well.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:23 AM
So special, you feel it in your nuts.

Credits: 1,166,443
towdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud of

Code:

Job Corps and Peace Corps? (not arguing, just naming similar programs)

There again though, those incentives for enlistment would mainly draw the lower income minorities (by percentage) over the whites. And that won't fly with the civil rights groups since it will be seen as targeting them.

It sounds good though if he can make it work without placing to big of a tax burden on the same people he is trying to help. I've always been a proponent of a hand up, not a hand out.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:50 AM

Code:

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think Obama has a unique ability to cut through those objections for obvious reasons. He was basically promising to be the champion of getting urban dwellers enlisted as president. He can't come out and say it outright because of the gaff possibility, but I think he was saying he would have a unique opportunity of getting more minority enlistment.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:19 AM

towdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud oftowdog has much to be proud of

Code:

haha. Just for the sake of clarity I'll say what you are dancing around. You think Obama can cut through the objections** because he is a minority. And you think he feels he has a unique opportunity of getting more minority enlistment because they would want to follow a minority leader.

That could be, and it would take about 2 years to find out if the minority enlistment numbers increased by a significant percentage.
But of course he can't say it....he would be construed a racist as would the urban minorities rushing to follow a minority leader over a white leader.

But all of that bull aside; by percentage more people enlist because of their economic situation (needing steady income, fund education, etc) than they do because of a sense of duty, patriotism, or family tradition. War time enlistment numbers have been holding up because of the poor economy. On the reverse side, officer numbers have been declining because of lower ROTC and Officer Candidate School enrollment. Which could be viewed as a direct correlation with income. (I can already afford to go to college, why do I need the military?) In wars past the draft has had to be instituted to keep soldier numbers up, so for those that don't want a draft, a poor economy is a good thing. But if Obama specifically targets minorities for enlistment with incentives he will have a difficult time re-winning the minority vote 4 years later when the objectors paint him as a sell-out.

**The objections will come from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Louis Farrakhan who are not fully embracing this campaign. They say they support when asked directly but they aren't out beating the drum for him. Which would of course leave them room to cut at him later if they decide to object to his policies. Jackson has already been caught airing some of his true feelings, and Farrakhan has already said that Obama isn't ready.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:31 PM

I hear you, but I think you are seriously underestimating how irrelevant Jesse and Al will be if Obama wins. Obama sees the world differently than those guy's, and he has proven them wrong. Google video search Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson even 1 year ago. They sound like old racists now.
On the ROTC point, Obama did say last night, and I'm glad you brought it up, that ROTC should be on every campus they want to be on again.

Last edited by ddedig : 09-12-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-12-2008, 02:28 PM

Code:

Jesse and Al stay relevant because enough people listen to them and the media loves to hear them talk. Yes Obama sees the world differently and they know it too. (and it's the only reason I think he has a chance in this election) That is what goads them and that is why they will beat the drum against him in 4 years if they even remotely think he didn't cater enough to their special interests. Yes they sound like racists, they have always sounded like racists. I'll stop at that before I get in trouble.

ROTC - yes it should. if the schools refuse, pull federal funding to include student grant and loan eligibility. if the school loses enrollment because students can't attend due to school policy, policy will change or they can go private.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Has the odd ability to always find himself under falling anvils.

Credits: 75,679
Kyle E. Coyote is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Will you fuckers give it a rest? Obama is self-destructing as we speak. McCain is obviously intellectually superior, and even Palin has more experience than he does, both fiscally and chronologically. He says nothing better than anyone, that's all he's got. Without his teleprompter and all the flash that millions in campaign contributions buys, he's a nobody.

Have you guys seen the new ads attacking John McCain for not being able to send emails without help from Cindy? What a joke. Obama is even running out of mud to sling at this point. And to further prove that McCain is intellectually Obama's better, he responded that of course he can't send emails without Cindy. He can't even tie a tie or do his hair without Cindy. Why? Because when Obama was still in diapers, McCain was getting his shoulder blades horribly disfigured by a rifle butt. He can't raise his arms high enough to operate a keyboard on a desk, and isn't strong enough to use one for an extended period on his lap. But you know what he can raise his arms high enough to do? Put his hand over his heart during the pledge. He can raise them enough to put a flag pin on his lapel....

God I love seeing Barack exposed for the desperate, pathetic, soon to be forgotten figurehead he is.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 36,754
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:

No kidding considering it's hard for him to use a computer because of his injuries. The Boston Globe pointed that out back in 2000.
Code:

Obama is such a good guy.

edit- fuck forgot I was staying out of this shit now. Oh well, that's all I'm saying.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:40 AM

Code:

The other obvious slam in that ad is that he is old. Old people being out of touch because they can't/won't operate a computer. He is forgetting that there are still more old people that vote than the youngest of voters. I personally know a number of older people (70+) that don't use a computer, but that doesn't mean they are stupid and out of touch. If the AARP decides to be offended by that add, he's in for some hurt.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Has the odd ability to always find himself under falling anvils.

Credits: 75,679
Kyle E. Coyote is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Exactly. He is old plus the fact that he can't use a keyboard does not equal computer illiteracy.