forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Old 02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Leading the heard to the local titty bar.

Credits: 42,336
troup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enoughtroup will become famous soon enough

You really dont like that I know how to use a computer and still like Mac. I knew you would say that about the software, but I am sure you know yourself that its not really the case. Software inevitably conflicts at some point in Windows and will never tell you why it happened. I know what I am doing very well, do you want my entire history of working with computers and documented knowledge before believing some people buy a Mac based on an educated decision and actually find it far superior to windows?

By the way I dont know if my posts are coming across properly or not, but im not really taking this seriously. I genuinely believe Mac is best but I dont give a shit what any of you think is best or this dumb new Windows thing.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
MEGADOUCHE

Credits: 0 [Check]

For me, Macs are for ppl who don't want to mess around with software. They just want their computers to work.
PC's are for folks who like to tweak and personalize their shit. I'm a PC guy, myself.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Custom user title? Who the fuck needs it.

Credits: 37,067
Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
haha Yeah I'm not either. I'm just fuckin around. Macs are stable and blah blah blah. I still prefer Windows or Linux.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:03 PM
paris gave me herpes

Credits: 4,220
Bobo Nubbler is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Ahh the Scottish (or whatever the plural form is), such a breath of fresh air.

I have a Mac and a PC, and they both have their good and bad points. If you want to record music or make good home movies, I would use a Mac. Pretty much everything else, I use a PC. And if your having that much crashing, it might be a hardware issue. My system is very stable , and has almost no crashing issues - if it does crash, its almost always something I did.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 AM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,114
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

Code:

That is SOOO true. I have XP systems which haven't had a problem since first loaded and during the MSDN release prior to retail. I've never had a problem with any Vista system which wasn't directly related to other software (mostly Adobe's crap).

My neighbor is on his 3rd repair of his iMac. 5th 1st gen iPhone, 2nd 2nd gen iPhone. He's reloaded the mac OS 6 times. I know at least 50 Mac people who bash Windows, but when you start talking with them about problems they've had they've always been directly related to Apple's OS.

Even more scary are the number of Mac users who swear "Mac's can't get viruses, they just don't exist on the Mac." I've had may emails originating on a Mac bring a virus along with it which my AV software detected and cleaned. You say something and get a brick wall. Then you go prove it and they say "Well, Windows has more". DUH, more people use Windows so it's more of a target.

Anyways, I'm not concerned about the different versions. Look at other companies. Hell, look at the confusion of Linux. Sure, it would be nice to go back to the days of 2000 Pro and 2000 Server, but time moves on.

I'm just annoyed that old hardware isn't as supported by W7 as was originally stated.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Striker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the roughStriker is a jewel in the rough

Code:

Best tech related post EVER!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 AM

I guess for now this will be the general Win 7 thread.

So, there is some interesting new DRM found in Win 7. From Slashdot:

"A few days' testing of Windows 7 has already disclosed some draconian DRM, some of it unrelated to media files. A legitimate copy of Photoshop CS4 stopped functioning after we clobbered a nagging registration screen by replacing a DLL with a hacked version. With regard to media files, the days of capturing an audio program on your PC seem to be over (if the program originated on that PC). The inputs of your sound card are severely degraded in software if the card is also playing an audio program (tested here with Grooveshark). This may be the tip of the iceberg. Being in bed with the RIAA is bad enough, but locking your own files away from you is a tactic so outrageous it may kill the OS for many persons. Many users will not want to experiment with a second sound card or computer just to record from online sources, or boot up under a Linux that supports ntfs-3g just to control their files."

Re - Photoshop: That Photoshop stopped functioning after we messed with one of its nag DLLs was not so much a surprise, but what was a surprise: Noting that Win7 allows programs like Photoshop to insert themselves stealthily into your firewall exception list. Further, that the OS allows large software vendors to penetrate your machine. Even further, that that permission is responsible for disabling of a program based on a modified DLL. And then finding that the OS even after reboot has locked you out of your own Local Settings folder; has denied you permission to move or delete the modified DLL; and refuses to allow the replacement of the Local Settings folder after it is unlocked with Unlocker to move it to the Desktop for examination (where it also denies you entry to your own folder). Setting permissions to 'allow everyone' was disabled!

Re - media: Under XP you could select 'Stereo Mix' or similar under audio recording inputs and nicely capture any program then playing. No longer.

Not looking good.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 AM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,683
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

Code:

Wow. Microsoft is fucking retarded.