forum stepTV stepSTALKER sweatshop email Home

Go Back   The Drunken stepFORUM - A place to discuss your worthless opinions > General Discussion: > I am - Getting Drunk & Molesting You

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I have won the lifetime achievement award... twice.

Credits: 80,318
Moose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to behold
Default How-to Transcode and Stream Videos on the Xbox 360

I've been searching around for solutions to watch videos I get here on the big-screen without running through the laptop all the time. I came across this solution, and wanted to share it with everyone.

Basically, you will need to download VLC media player if you don't already have it, and then an additional tool to convert your media files to .wmv format. It is a simple and quick process, completely spelled out in the link. An added "bonus" is you will be able to convert and play any video type in Windows Media Player, so if you were wanting to download a movie and watch it on your work PC, you won't need to download any additional software.

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
RIP TheSnake
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 PM
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Credits: 31,216
Randal Graves is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

fucking hell. i've been meaning to do this for a while now and now i have to put in no effort to get it done. thanks moose.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Take me out to the ballgame! ...and pass the joint

Credits: 5,105
BleacherCreature420 is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I was doing something similar for a while, but nothing is easier that a VGA cable from laptop to flatscreen, with audio running from the headphone jack.....works great
Old 02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I have won the lifetime achievement award... twice.

Credits: 80,318
Moose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to beholdMoose_Thompson is a splendid one to behold

Code:
Content, Pictures  and Download links visible to registered users only. 

REGISTER NOW to access all areas that are invisible to non-members.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing all along, and it does work great. I just got tired of always having to have my laptop tied up if I wanted to watch a video on the tv. Plus this way I can burn them to DVD if people (like my parents who are so electronically backwards) want to borrow them.
RIP TheSnake
Old 02-08-2009, 11:35 PM
i live with my mom and have never seen a vagina

Credits: 5,512
Bob_Dobalina is starting to gain some momentum on DSF

I've just been putting video files on a usb flash drive and plugging it into the 360. I mean, you can only put like one or two videos on it depending on the size, but it still works well enough.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:58 AM
i know more than you and i knew it before you did

Credits: 4,056
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior
strommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warriorstrommsarnac is teaching others the way of the Post Warrior

I just skip the whole 360 and use a Philips 5992 DVD player. It has a USB port on the front which lets you connect flash drives. Convert your movies to DivX and you're all done.
Closed Thread